Half Season Tickets

Fawlty Towers

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/november_2010/half_price_season_tickets

Lets hope there is a good take up on these.

Always wondered how many more you could sell if you drop price - at start or mid way through season. At £150 for ten games you need to go to all ten games to save £20. So if you miss even one you only just break even. So where's the saving or incentive to buy one ? Seems to be just a way of die hards sticking in/ devoting cash up front rather than trying to get some cash over the partly committed/ more fair weather fans like myself. i.e. if it was £120 I might think about getting one and then going along 2/3 of the time to get soem value out it and while I'm there spens some more cash at the game.

Not wanting to be negative just cant see the point in the pricing

I'm assuming they work out roughly how many people will buy them then calculate how much cash they need to generate.

Not having a pop at the club as I knwo the kids get in for free & prices are in line with other teams - but just dont get the point in buying one.

Had one for years before when I was a diehard but if they were better value it might force me along more often now

Always wondered how many more you could sell if you drop price - at start or mid way through season. At £150 for ten games you need to go to all ten games to save £20. So if you miss even one you only just break even. So where's the saving or incentive to buy one ? Seems to be just a way of die hards sticking in/ devoting cash up front rather than trying to get some cash over the partly committed/ more fair weather fans like myself. i.e. if it was £120 I might think about getting one and then going along 2/3 of the time to get soem value out it and while I'm there spens some more cash at the game.

Not wanting to be negative just cant see the point in the pricing

I'm assuming they work out roughly how many people will buy them then calculate how much cash they need to generate.

Not having a pop at the club as I knwo the kids get in for free & prices are in line with other teams - but just dont get the point in buying one.

Had one for years before when I was a diehard but if they were better value it might force me along more often now

I think you've answered your own questions. So they reduce the prices even more and you might buy one, but you might not. And at an even lower price, others might still think it's too high, but if it was lower then they might consider buying one, and so on. There comes a point when the overall loss on season tickets would exceed the income from occasional pay-at-the gate customers.

Always wondered how many more you could sell if you drop price - at start or mid way through season. At £150 for ten games you need to go to all ten games to save £20. So if you miss even one you only just break even. So where's the saving or incentive to buy one ? Seems to be just a way of die hards sticking in/ devoting cash up front rather than trying to get some cash over the partly committed/ more fair weather fans like myself. i.e. if it was £120 I might think about getting one and then going along 2/3 of the time to get soem value out it and while I'm there spens some more cash at the game.Not wanting to be negative just cant see the point in the pricingI'm assuming they work out roughly how many people will buy them then calculate how much cash they need to generate.Not having a pop at the club as I knwo the kids get in for free & prices are in line with other teams - but just dont get the point in buying one.Had one for years before when I was a diehard but if they were better value it might force me along more often now

If it was only £120 and you went along 2/3 of the time you'd still be down.

Can't you just think that if you attend all games, you save £20.

If you miss one, you save £3.

If you miss more than one, the club you love is getting more money than it would have otherwise and the longer the club exists, the more time there is for you to become a diehard again.

To be honest, I don't know how much people are expecting.

The problem with pricing isn't that the season ticket is especially poor value compared with PATG. The fundamental problem is that lower crowds across the board have pushed up the cost of the PATG price and the ST has followed suit.

I only became a ST holder last season, but I wonder if anyone can remember: what was the cost of a season ticket 15-20 years ago, and how did it compare with the PATG price? I would be genuinely surprised if the saving was any more than 3 PATG games across a given season.

Any time I've raised the question of 1/2 season tickets with the Club, the response has been that there is little or no demand, and that whenever they have been offered in the past, only a handful have been sold.

Looks as though they're giving it another chance. The timing for the announcement is good, given the run up to Christmas.

I hope there's a reasonable uptake and that we see this repeated.

To be honest, I don't know how much people are expecting.

The problem with pricing isn't that the season ticket is especially poor value compared with PATG. The fundamental problem is that lower crowds across the board have pushed up the cost of the PATG price and the ST has followed suit.

I only became a ST holder last season, but I wonder if anyone can remember: what was the cost of a season ticket 15-20 years ago, and how did it compare with the PATG price? I would be genuinely surprised if the saving was any more than 3 PATG games across a given season.

The season ticket used to give you entry to ALL cup games. Depending on draws you could have a lot more games for your money. And if I remember correctly you could miss maybe 4 games and it would still be cheaper

The season ticket used to give you entry to ALL cup games. Depending on draws you could have a lot more games for your money. And if I remember correctly you could miss maybe 4 games and it would still be cheaper

When I 1st got a season ticket, about 10 years ago, it included 1 home cup game of your choice. That was stopped after 1 season in the SPL (as I remember), as it was said the club still had to give half the gate receipts to the other club, although you are not actually paying at the gate to get in, thus losing the club money.

If it was only £120 and you went along 2/3 of the time you'd still be down.

Can't you just think that if you attend all games, you save £20.

If you miss one, you save £3.

If you miss more than one, the club you love is getting more money than it would have otherwise and the longer the club exists, the more time there is for you to become a diehard again.

So season tickets dont offer any incentive over pay at the gate or as an enticement for expanding teh support but are a way for the already committed hard core to put cash in to the team they love, which kind of answers my point.

I just wondered if there was some pricing point such as £120 that might entice say 300 people to buy them for Christmas as opposed to 10 people buying at £150 is it not worth considering as a basic marketing principle(at start or mid way through season)? The club knows it can rely on its hardcore - its how you expand the hardcore? Or maybe there's not really any interest from those who drifted away?

I had a season ticket for about ten years from mid 80s to mid 90s then again for a season aboout 5 years ago. When I was younger and had less demands onmy time and cash and was more committed I never thought twice about the price or time commitment. Now I do. Maybe I'm unique

So season tickets dont offer any incentive over pay at the gate or as an enticement for expanding teh support but are a way for the already committed hard core to put cash in to the team they love, which kind of answers my point.

I just wondered if there was some pricing point such as £120 that might entice say 300 people to buy them for Christmas as opposed to 10 people buying at £150 is it not worth considering as a basic marketing principle(at start or mid way through season)? The club knows it can rely on its hardcore - its how you expand the hardcore? Or maybe there's not really any interest from those who drifted away?

I had a season ticket for about ten years from mid 80s to mid 90s then again for a season aboout 5 years ago. When I was younger and had less demands onmy time and cash and was more committed I never thought twice about the price or time commitment. Now I do. Maybe I'm unique

Or, more likely, about 30 people tops will buy at £120, and those who buy are those who are likely to attend most games as PATG customers anyway, so they're more likely to lose out.

We all are, without exception.

• 2 weeks later...

3 and 5 game packages available too now and valid for any game from boxing day onwards.

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/december_2010/three_and_five_game_packages

3 game package before Christmas - £38 working out at £12.67 per game

5 game package before Christmas - £64 working out at £12.80 per game

3 and 5 game packages available too now and valid for any game from boxing day onwards.

Good to see that the Club are doing things that in the past have been suggested but not taken up, hopefully there will be a good take up on this offer and the Club will look to build on this with the season tickets for next season.

Deals like this should have been offered a long time ago.

Lets hope there's a decent interest in this. Good Christmas present for pay at the gate fans?

Multiple thumbs up to the club for this.

Hope there is a HUGE uptake on these offers.

Listening to the fans - whatever next?