So, To Dunfermline....

The Earl of Hathaway

The Pars have a pretty good home record this season, and we've got a pretty poor record away and at EEP(understatement). About time we hauled ourselves out of the bottom half of the table, but I don't think I'm convinced East End is the place it's going to start. Be good for our morale if it did, because the next few games thereafter are pretty tricky (and I include Ross County in that!). At this point I'd take a draw as a good result...

i would assume they have undersoil heating so it will go ahead but the weather is terrible here in dunfermline, its been snowing alot then freezing over, then snowing again and freezing on top, they will be trying their hardest to get the game on due to the games being postponed this weekend.

heres the bbc weather forecast for the next few days, dunfermline weather

i would assume they have undersoil heating so it will go ahead but the weather is terrible here in dunfermline, its been snowing alot then freezing over, then snowing again and freezing on top, they will be trying their hardest to get the game on due to the games being postponed this weekend.

The Dunfermline v Raith game last season got postponed last year due to unsafe conditions around the ground rather than the pitch being unplayable. Also I believe they had a Queens game called off as their undersoil heating just didn't work well enough.

I don't think the police will take any chances.

I've been trying to get my car thru to Dunfermline for the last couple of days for an MoT and both days the garage has advised me not to risk it. The surrounding roads are very dodgy. Be quite surprised if the game goes ahead. Pars might not want to waste money on their ush if there's a likelihood of the polis calling it off.

I've been trying to get my car thru to Dunfermline for the last couple of days for an MoT and both days the garage has advised me not to risk it. The surrounding roads are very dodgy. Be quite surprised if the game goes ahead. Pars might not want to waste money on their ush if there's a likelihood of the polis calling it off.

:blink:

Why would you take your car for an MoT all the way to Dunfermline?

Must be garages that do MoTs closer to you, unless you have some kind of fetish for fifers or the receptionist at said garage is mega-hot and you are on a promise?

:wacko:

:blink:

Why would you take your car for an MoT all the way to Dunfermline?

Must be garages that do MoTs closer to you, unless you have some kind of fetish for fifers or the receptionist at said garage is mega-hot and you are on a promise?

:wacko:

:unsure: You know I've been thinking about that myself. I guess I'm just a creature of habit. You know the thing, go to France for my holidays same time every year, always drink in the same pub at the same times never changing my drinks, buy my food from the same shops, always get my car MoT tested in Dunfermline. I really should shake things up a bit, spice up my life :thumbsup2: .

Mind you the other reason I take my car to Dunfermline is I live quite nearby and any necessary repairs will be under warranty at the garage there. :D

:unsure: You know I've been thinking about that myself. I guess I'm just a creature of habit. You know the thing, go to France for my holidays same time every year, always drink in the same pub at the same times never changing my drinks, buy my food from the same shops, always get my car MoT tested in Dunfermline. I really should shake things up a bit, spice up my life :thumbsup2: .

Mind you the other reason I take my car to Dunfermline is I live quite nearby and any necessary repairs will be under warranty at the garage there. :D

:rolleyes:

Hmmmm, wise you may be young lady, if not in your choosing of location, at least in your MoT reasoning, even if a little cheeky to this old wise jedi head, you are.

Hardly surprising update from Pars website. Perhaps more surprising Jim Leishman delivers this update in prose.

Saturday's home match against Partick Thistle is in doubt. Jim Leishman explained today:-

It is not just the pitch that is the problem, the undersoil heating can cope with that, but the areas surrounding the stadium have to be safe for the public. We are in contact with the Police who will be advising us. The weather forecast is not too clever and although we requested help from fans to clear areas there is no point on starting on that at present since more snow is forecast. Hopefully tomorrow we can start the clearing job.

Jim described his journey down the M90 to the Club as horrendous and although driving a four wheel drive said that the roads were dangerous with abandoned cars and pedestrians walking on the road.

I wonder if Dundee's game will be off, could hurt them quite badly if they don't have a home gate until they play Stirling the week before Christmas.

Oh please let this be the case...

As for our game, if Dunfermline is anything like Livingston, there is no chance this game will be going ahead which could be a good thing for us. I seem to remember us getting a decent result last time we went there midweek. That was during a period of poor away form also.

ah, jim leishman, who doesn't believe a winter break would benefit the game, according to the this organ.

like last season, this one finishes first weekend in may. most people generally don't start holidaying until the schools break up in late june. i would be more inclined to go watch a game in may/early june than venture from comedy mansions to firhill in sub-zero temperatures thru' december & january.

the game in scotland certainly needs less people like the buffoon leishman.

Jim described his journey down the M90 to the Club as horrendous and although driving a four wheel drive said that the roads were dangerous with abandoned cars and pedestrians walking on the road.

As if the roads weren't dangerous enough, we now have abandoned cars walking on them! :thinking:

Oh please let this be the case...

As for our game, if Dunfermline is anything like Livingston, there is no chance this game will be going ahead which could be a good thing for us. I seem to remember us getting a decent result last time we went there midweek. That was during a period of poor away form also.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=DUNDEEFC&organ_val=35467&schedule=list

Dundee trying to get people to purchase tickets in advance rather than pay at the gate due to the likelihood of the game being called off.

Their cash flow must be incredibly worrying if they are doing this.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=DUNDEEFC&organ_val=35467&schedule=listDundee trying to get people to purchase tickets in advance rather than pay at the gate due to the likelihood of the game being called off.Their cash flow must be incredibly worrying if they are doing this.

The refund policy seems woolly as well, if when the game is cancelled.

They don't have another home game until the 18th (and who can guarantee that won't be affected by the weather?)and their fundraiser against Dundee United must be in doubt as well now.

Ho hum, that'll teach them ...

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=DUNDEEFC&organ_val=35467&schedule=list

Dundee trying to get people to purchase tickets in advance rather than pay at the gate due to the likelihood of the game being called off.

Their cash flow must be incredibly worrying if they are doing this.

Dundee game also postponed. Must mean a worrying drop in income. I also hear Melville may have reneged on the last three of his promised £50K instalments. On the plus side for them they've got Sky money for a televised Cup game coming.