Support Abe This Afternoon

kni

I'd love to go to all 3 of them. All interesting places. Sadly, I'd probably be backing France rather than Scotland. We can dream though...

Your morals have just been dealt a fatal blow woth that post Grant. FRANCE? Aye coz they deserve support from other nations after their histrionics at the last WC :blink:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it had a big part to play in the decision, yes. Anyone with an inkling of understanding of what goes on behind the scenes at FIFA would, too. The fact Putin didn't make the trip for last-minute lobbying speaks volumes.

Must have been more than just corruption, England came 4th out of 4.

Your morals have just been dealt a fatal blow woth that post Grant. FRANCE? Aye coz they deserve support from other nations after their histrionics at the last WC :blink:

It was a cause of eternal shame in my household.

However, things are looking up now that clown Domenech has been relieved of his duties

Well, given the way one set of cowboys is running our country and another set of cowboys is running our club, I'm hopeful we'll be enjoying Qatar's largesse in 2022 with a free stadium for a third world country. Yippee!

(Note to SFA, SPL and SFL - if you want to see gangsterism in football done right keep an eye on Russia 2018.)

Add a free media to that.

There are many reasons why England didn't get it and why they fail in these things.

One of their biggest failings is arrogance and failing to take a world view on things. They still think the world revolves round them. Until they learn some humility, there will be more days like this in the future.

It was a cause of eternal shame in my household.

However, things are looking up now that clown Domenech has been relieved of his duties

I just wonder if you'd be so 'forgiving' if it was the Scotland team who behaved in such a way :thinking: . I remember the debate we had over Kris Boyd, and all he done was refuse to play under Burley.

I just wonder if you'd be so 'forgiving' if it was the Scotland team who behaved in such a way :thinking: . I remember the debate we had over Kris Boyd, and all he done was refuse to play under Burley.

Aah, but I'm merely being an unashamed gloryhunter latching on to my better half's team. :thumbsup2:

Besides, the FFF took action against the culprits and now all the players have to sign up to a charter. As for Kris Boyd, he's been well and truly found out. I'd be surprised to ever see him playing for Scotland again.

Aah, but I'm merely being an unashamed gloryhunter latching on to my better half's team. :thumbsup2:

Besides, the FFF took action against the culprits and now all the players have to sign up to a charter. As for Kris Boyd, he's been well and truly found out. I'd be surprised to ever see him playing for Scotland again.

:lol:

You're probably right about Boyd but I'll never admit it.......oh wait. Sh!t :(

'We didn't get enough votes at the end of the day and that's obviously what we needed, what we hoped we would get.'

quite astonishing, insightful analysis from mister d beckham.

They only got TWO votes (one of which would have been from their own representative on the voting board).

Maybe they should just accept their bid was inferior in comparison to the others, instead of consistently talking up themselves and their chances, and ending up with egg on their faces.

It is funny to watch the handwringing, bleating and incredulous disbelief at them not getting awarded it though.

I'm more concerned at how they could give to the 2022 Wold Cup to Qatar.

There is just no thought for fans

Indeed, but as long as there is enough TV money from rights and advertising the bigwigs will be happy... a disgraceful decision. They claim they will pump cold air at pitch level to keep the players cool. What about the fans? What about players training outside the stadia? I can't see people going in droves to this. At least South Africa had millions of people they could give away unsold tickets to. Quatar has only 1 million inhabitants...It is a spectacle for the fans actually at the tournament, without them we might as well get used to Firhill-like atmosphere for the greatest sporting competition in the world. But, hey, thank God England didn't get it, that's all that matters to some people :wall:

As a side note, if we did qualify fr Quatar, how would the dodgy World Cup balls behave in a cool 3-metre layer then getting humped up the park into 50 degree heat. That could be interesting...

What have people got aganst David Beckham? He's a fabulous player and seems like a genuinely nice guy. OK - he may not have a PhD or a Masters Degree, but so what?

Overexposed, to the point where he's hated.

Remember the news saturation coverage when he broke his metatarsal, or when he missed the World Cup?

It's not entirely his fault, but constant adverts for sunglasses, underwear, jeans and his supremely untalented shaved whippet wife's adoration of the spotlight don't exactly sit well with most people.

He is just a football player who is now past it, but the fact he has more money than he'll ever need, accepts just about every media campaign going and sounds thick pisses a lot of people off.

Edited by 1876Jag

At least South Africa had millions of people they could give away unsold tickets to. Quatar has only 1 million inhabitants.

The Arabian peninsula has three times the population of South Africa though. Ignoring them would be like ignoring the population of mainland England if the cup was held on the Isle of Wight.

Absolutely stunned at the choice of Qatar. A country 1/7th the size of Scotland with a population of 1.6m, June temperatures in the 40s and absolutely no football heritage. Total joke. FIFA are so out of touch with the every day football fan it's frightening.

The only legacy being left by that choice is the one in Blatter and his cronies bank accounts. Scandalous.

In pure footballing terms the least deserving country has won both votes.