Game On Boxing Day

Fawlty Towers

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/december_2010/hospitality_sold_out

I was glad to see the Club reduce the prices for this match and am equally as glad that the fans have responded in good numbers - well done to all concerned :thumbsup2:

Hopefully for the remainder of the season (and beyond) the Club will look at ways of maximising the revenue that it can generate through matchday hospitality whilst keeping it affordable for the majority of fans.

I think it's 'Special Sunday Service' whatever that means...

As I understand it a "Sunday Service" means there's no fare as such but on leaving there'll be some sort of collection. Prior to that song sheets are handed out (probably at the top of the escalators) and you'll be expected to sing along to at least a couple of ditties. In between these ditties there'll be a little bit of communal shut eye while the fellow running the show will do some talking. Once you wake up he'll probably then want to make a longer speech.

I'm a bit confused as to what will make this Sunday Service "special". I'm taking a wild stab at it and guessing it most likely is connected to the sad passing of Captain Beefheart.

Hope I've been of some help :thumbsup2:

As I understand it a "Sunday Service" means there's no fare as such but on leaving there'll be some sort of collection. Prior to that song sheets are handed out (probably at the top of the escalators) and you'll be expected to sing along to at least a couple of ditties. In between these ditties there'll be a little bit of communal shut eye while the fellow running the show will do some talking. Once you wake up he'll probably then want to make a longer speech.

I'm a bit confused as to what will make this Sunday Service "special". I'm taking a wild stab at it and guessing it most likely is connected to the sad passing of Captain Beefheart.

Hope I've been of some help :thumbsup2:

Well I never considered that, but it's a nice idea, as a Jags and Captain fan. I went to the Apollo on spec, one night in October 1980 and it blew my musical mind, like Denis McQuade used to blow my wee fitba' brain.

Now there's a thought. Denis McQuade, Partick Thistle's answer to Captain Beefheart.....hehehe.

really hoping the game is on, me, my bro and my dad are going out for a wee dram pre-match so if the game is called off we will end up in the pub all day :rolleyes: what a dilemma. its a sad sad day if we are fearing a 3rd place raith rovers coming to firhill, i would love to smack 4 past them like they did to us, aye we've only had 1 bad performace in the last 10 games,in terms of the 4-2 game at stirling, but its about time we put in a really good performance at home and get a bit of confidence about us ahead of playing ross county and morton.

Ian McCall's RednYellarmy

Edited by jags on tour

Right, Raith usually bring a fair support - so whats with them being housed in the JH on Sunday? We usually only reserve this honor for Ross County. Do we have problems with the North Stand or are we just trying to get an atmosphere going?

Here - Change In Arrangements For Away Fans On Boxing Day

Must not be expecting them to bring many fans through, no trains on boxing day outwith Strathclyde. What would a reasonable crowd for them, 400-500? They can cram them into Sections 8 and 9.

It can't be a problem with the North Stand as both that and the Main Stand will be open for a packed egghead derby crowd the following day.

Must not be expecting them to bring many fans through, no trains on boxing day outwith Strathclyde. What would a reasonable crowd for them, 400-500? They can cram them into Sections 8 and 9.

It can't be a problem with the North Stand as both that and the Main Stand will be open for a packed egghead derby crowd the following day.

I just wish we got their crowds, at their last home game they reportedly got 7,546 on a Friday night. Although I would never propose that we played Friday night football, sorry Billy

Just back from Maryhill myself. Pavements are a death trap. My guess is that the pitch will be fine but the police might KO the game if we can't clear the access roads.

Pitch Inspection Passed - "The referee has inspected the Firhill pitch this morning and he is perfectly happy for this afternoon’s game with Raith Rovers to go ahead."

So, as expected, pitch is fine.

Any word on whether Police have passed the surrounding roads and ice-rink pavements?

Looking at weather forecast, more snow is predicted to move in to west and the area of Glasgow early afternoon, which makes me wonder if the game could get called off nearer K.O.