Rumour Mill

thornwoodjag

Robbo would be a big loss and has been a great servant since joining the club. He would be sorely missed

He's missed around 10 games this season already due to injury and he's not getting any younger. I agree that he's been a model pro and a good player for the club, but I think it would be a good move if we can get him off to another club in the transfer window.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say no. Couple of reasons being he's not played anything like 90 mins this season and he's not scored. Also he may have lost a yard, thru his injury, what pace he had (similar circumstances to Buchanan). That's actually three reasons and I just feel it would be too much of a gamble.

Saw him play for Accies against Aberdeen last week. He huffed and puffed and that was about it. Poor touch and lacks, like the rest of the Accies team, any dig. A spent force if anyone rated him before, which personally I didn't to be perfectly honest.

Witteveen isn't such a bad idea, but in order for that to happen McCall would probably have to punt one of Doolan, Buchanan or Grehan. The first two he probably isn't considering and Grehan's contract is problematic. Pity, as Witteveen would certainly so what Donnelly is intended to do, to a higher standard too.

Really? Witteveen's a poacher. I don't see that as Donnelly's role.

He only became a poacher when Irons couldn't figure out what he actually was.

Witteveen was what we would call a target man before he arrived on our shores.

(The same sort of player doesn't quite exist in central europe, in the absence of the kick and rush style of play.)

I would say that the target man is what Donnelly is intended to be. He is there to hold off defenders and "bring others into play" to use a cliche. He just doesn't do it very well anymore.

I just bought a copy of the Sun in Edinburgh. Excuse my ignorance - as I usually have enough bogroll not to need to buy it - but is it different in Edinburgh than in Glasgow? Can't see anything about Buchanan. Honestly quite happy to hear he'll go. He doesn't deliver enough for us in the style of play McCall goes for. If we were a more successful, adventurous team, then I'd be happy to include him right side of a 4-3-3 or right side of a 4-5-1, but not when he's the 'goalscorer' of a 5-3-2. I think he's decent, and I bet he does elsewhere, but we can't hang onto him for the sake of the chance he might come good.

Hopefully we get some sort of fee for Buchanan, even if it's just £10k. We paid £20k for him & have paid him decent money on wages whilst he's been injured. Although on his recent form letting him go is the correct thing to do, I can't help but think he's not 'finished' yet, he has shown glimpses of his old form, maybe a new club will bring that out & he'll reach that magic 20 goals in a season (hopefully not though).

Hopefully we get some sort of fee for Buchanan, even if it's just £10k. We paid £20k for him & have paid him decent money on wages whilst he's been injured. Although on his recent form letting him go is the correct thing to do, I can't help but think he's not 'finished' yet, he has shown glimpses of his old form, maybe a new club will bring that out & he'll reach that magic 20 goals in a season (hopefully not though).

I doubt, given his rotten form over the last year, that we will get a fee. Buchanan is one of the highest earners at Firhill and the club will be happy to get him off the wage bill. Dunfermline will be taking a calculated gamble on him.

I doubt, given his rotten form over the last year, that we will get a fee. Buchanan is one of the highest earners at Firhill and the club will be happy to get him off the wage bill. Dunfermline will be taking a calculated gamble on him.

It is a gamle for them, but not a big one. They have good strikers already, who know how to score. Buchanan will get a chance to score, if he does he'll probably fire them to promotion, if he doesn't he'll be on the bench & coming on later in games & posing a danger to defences with chasing down lost causes. He's looked better off the bench for us than actually starting games, maybe down to a lack of fitness?

Shhh!

LIAM BUCHANAN IS A FANTASTIC ALL-ROUND STRIKER, WHO IS GUARANTEED TO SCORE 20+ GOALS A SEASON. HAVING BEEN VALUED AT £20,000 BY THE BEST MANAGER IN THE FIRST DIVISION, IAN MCCALL, 3 YEARS AGO, HE IS NOW WORTH £50,000+.

Nothing about Liam in the match preview here.

Still only confirming that Bryn has been told he can find a new club and that 'after the cup-tie I might sit down with another couple of players with a view to moving on.'

As you posted aside from Halliwell no decision will be made till after the cup tie as you never know we could actually beat Falkirk and even draw one of the Old Firm away in which case we might not need to release anyone

Odds on Buchanan moving to Dunfermline for a pittance, scoring 20 goals in half a season including a hat-trick against the Jags and securing them promotion and confirming our relegation? <_<

Edit: in case no one has seen, McCall is quoted in The Glaswegian rubbishing the claims Buchanan has been told to find a new club.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Nothing about Liam in the match preview here.

Still only confirming that Bryn has been told he can find a new club and that 'after the cup-tie I might sit down with another couple of players with a view to moving on.'

Scully is out for 6 to 8 weeks with a broken finger. If Halliwell leaves, the reserve keeper will be Hinchy or Shepherd. If Fox finds a better deal elsewhere, we are in big trouble.

Scully is out for 6 to 8 weeks with a broken finger. If Halliwell leaves, the reserve keeper will be Hinchy or Shepherd. If Fox finds a better deal elsewhere, we are in big trouble.

I was going to post this elsewhere, but ...

I can only imagine that Fox, while still not having put pen to paper, has previously indicated that he would stay if we offered him a contract. I cannot see the sense in telling Bryn that he's free to find another club otherwise. Halliwell is a liability but we have no real alternative other than him, and McCall seems unwilling to pitch the youths in to the first team, so can't see that Scully would get a game, even ahead of Halliwell.

I hope he does leave. You can't rely on him to stay fit and even when he is fit, he's gash. I said from day one he wasn't a natural finisher or striker and that his only attributes were his pace and work rate, but since his injury, he's gained weight and lost a yard of pace. I'm also not keen on supporting a guy who enjoys an extravagant lifestyle due to the large scale distribution of controlled drugs.