Rumours

potty trained

What are some of the daftest rumours we've heard, with regards to Thistle, be it players, manager, board or stadium.

Here's a couple:

We were "linked" with a couple of Cameroon players after a great showing from them during a World Cup.

We were going to sign Kenny Samson, probably around the same time.

Edited by potty trained

Does anyone else of a certain vintage remember the zoomer who used one of the predecessors of this forum to claim 'a member of Aswad' was interested in buying the club?

The Owen Coyle rumour will eventually come true. I'm willing to bet large portions of Crazy Davie's anatomy on it.

What are some of the daftest rumours we've heard, with regards to Thistle, be it players, manager, board or stadium.

Here's a couple:

We were "linked" with a couple of Cameroon players after a great showing from them during a World Cup.

We were going to sign Kenny Samson, probably around the same time.

I think both were true. I believe we couldn't get work permits for the Cameroon players & Sansom was at Firhill for a match with a view to signing but went elsewhere (can't remember where)

I think both were true. I believe we couldn't get work permits for the Cameroon players & Sansom was at Firhill for a match with a view to signing but went elsewhere (can't remember where)

Kenny Samson sat in the dugout in a game v Clydebank at Firhill in the 90s. Must have thought we were gash. We were.

Does anyone else of a certain vintage remember the zoomer who used one of the predecessors of this forum to claim 'a member of Aswad' was interested in buying the club?

The Owen Coyle rumour will eventually come true. I'm willing to bet large portions of Crazy Davie's anatomy on it.

That would need to be either my belly or my 4rse then. Sadly.

The Cameroon one was most certainly true. We were prevented from signing them as there was a rule of 10 non EEC players allowed to play in Scotland and the h u n s had some injury prone Russian in position 10.

I've forgotten their names again. Tom Hosie is your man there :thumbsup2:

The Cameroon one was most certainly true. We were prevented from signing them as there was a rule of 10 non EEC players allowed to play in Scotland and the h u n s had some injury prone Russian in position 10.

I've forgotten their names again. Tom Hosie is your man there :thumbsup2:

Quite true but IIRC Rangers had "reserved" the last work permit place for someone they wanted to sign (and later did?).