Contracts

kni

Perhaps a deal for Fox is reliant on us offloading Halliwell, which I think we'll find difficult as he hasn't been consistent at any level since he was at Clyde and div2/3 clubs aren't likely to cover wages we've been paying.

Posters on here have suggested that Halliwell is on low wages. If we can't sign Fox beyond the end of the month, Halliwell be first choice as Scully is out for several weeks with a broken finger. If that happens, I can see us being relegated as the defensive record has improved considerably since Fox's arrival.

Good to see Campbell & Fraser signing extensions. They're both strong players and won't get barged off the ball easily.

Like to think the Fox business is just posturing till Halliwell finds a club later this month but it's far from ideal. Another view is that Hinchcliffe aside we currently don't have a stand in goalie apart from Halliwell.

Posters on here have suggested that Halliwell is on low wages. If we can't sign Fox beyond the end of the month, Halliwell be first choice as Scully is out for several weeks with a broken finger. If that happens, I can see us being relegated as the defensive record has improved considerably since Fox's arrival.

Like you I too am concerned about Halliwell being back in goal and the worries that it could potentially relegate us. It is especially worrying if we cant afford Fox, is it possible at all that Fox has signed a short term deal till the Dundee situation is rectified and they pay off their creditors, who perhaps Fox is one if they havent paid his wages?

Great to see the young lads signing on for another couple of years. Fraser impressed us all the other night. The thing I like about him is that he has already bulked up (see previous issues with the likes of Strachan, McGoldrick and even Mark Stewart) because he used to play rugby!

I think the Fox deal will be rectified once the replay is done and dusted. McCall will know exactly what his budget will be then.

Great to see the young lads signing on for another couple of years. Fraser impressed us all the other night. The thing I like about him is that he has already bulked up (see previous issues with the likes of Strachan, McGoldrick and even Mark Stewart) because he used to play rugby!

I think the Fox deal will be rectified once the replay is done and dusted. McCall will know exactly what his budget will be then.

The thing I like most about young Fraser is that according to my nephew who knew him at school is that he really is a jags fan! Now when was the last player to actually support the team he plays for? I can't really recall anyone.

The thing I like most about young Fraser is that according to my nephew who knew him at school is that he really is a jags fan! Now when was the last player to actually support the team he plays for? I can't really recall anyone.

Adam Strachan ?

Could the Fox business just be that there are other options in the fire and the extension will allow time to ensure that the gaffer gets the man he wants ?

I do feel that Halliwell is being treated a bit unfairly on this forum.Yes he has made mistakes and one of those did cost us a place in the chalenge cup final,but he is not the only Thistle player to make some mistakes this season,if Liam would have been playing as well as he has done in previous seasons we would have scored more goals for example.I do hope we can get Fox on a longer contract but i do feel that Halliwell is ok for backup.

I do feel that Halliwell is being treated a bit unfairly on this forum.Yes he has made mistakes and one of those did cost us a place in the chalenge cup final,but he is not the only Thistle player to make some mistakes this season,if Liam would have been playing as well as he has done in previous seasons we would have scored more goals for example.I do hope we can get Fox on a longer contract but i do feel that Halliwell is ok for backup.

That's fair comment but I think it was fairly apparent that our back line defenders were uneasy with Halliwell in a way that didn't exist with Tuffey and doesn't with Fox. That's not necessarily a condemnation of Bryn H. The same uneasiness was evident with our defence and Hinchcliffe (away to Dunfermline last season).

As time goes by Halliwell, in many minds at least, will carry the can for our atrocious start to the season and the by and large our experienced defenders will be exonerated. Truth is they were all in it together and all carry a share of the blame.

It might be worth highlighting how Tuffey recovered from his bampot moment first league game at Ayr and how Halliwell never really rallied after his moment of daftness at Raith.

edited to add... Q o S goalie Robinson has not had his short term contract renewed at Palmerston. Maybe Bryn could go back there as back up to Hutton?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

edited to add... Q o S goalie Robinson has not had his short term contract renewed at Palmerston. Maybe Bryn could go back there as back up to Hutton?

It's more likely that QoS would re-sign Fox to compete with Hutton for a starting place.

I believe that John Mitchell and David Craig were Jags fans.

David Craig, did I get the name right? He was a big full back (?), ended up at Ayr I think. I can visualise him.

Like you I too am concerned about Halliwell being back in goal and the worries that it could potentially relegate us. It is especially worrying if we cant afford Fox, is it possible at all that Fox has signed a short term deal till the Dundee situation is rectified and they pay off their creditors, who perhaps Fox is one if they havent paid his wages?

Despite what the sites said. most of them say January 28th, the Dundee administrator said on radio the other day that the CVA meeting would probably not be until about 4th February, after the transfer window closes. If so, that would rule out Fox returning to Dens.

Strachan wasn't a Thistle fan.

Talking about l'enfant terrible I've copied this piece of fitba speak from Stuart Miller, this month's Clyde manager, re changing his team's captaincy

The responsibility of being captain was weighing too heavily on Adam’s shoulders and hopefully he will now have the freedom to express himself better on the pitch.

Reading between the lines anyone? :)