Sunshine At Firhill

Fawlty Towers

Hopefully a couple of dry days in the run up to the Falkirk game and it should not be too bad (relatively speaking).

I'm told that historically at this time of year we can anticipate warming winds called the nollies coming off the Clyde at Bowling and sweeping majestically up the Forth & Clyde. Ground should be perfect for Tuesday night.

Fingers crossed. :thumbsup2:

I looked at the BBC report of todays rugby, out of curiosity, to see if it mentioned the pitch at all. Said it resembled a bog in some areas after the recent rain. Hope a few days rest can help it make a miraculous recovery. Failing that, i'll settle for the same performace and scoreline from Saturday. ;)

Pitch was a feckin mess before the game today (take it this is, in part atleast, because of yesterday?) - was expecting it to be awful come FT today, but actually held up fairly well.

Except that is, the area between the 22's on the JHS side - which has practically no grass on it. Take it that is a drainage issue? No other way it could be so much worse than the rest of the pitch, is there?

Anyway, two fantastic home wins this weekend - just a shame they are all too rare for both sides.

Pitch was a feckin mess before the game today (take it this is, in part atleast, because of yesterday?) - was expecting it to be awful come FT today, but actually held up fairly well.

Except that is, the area between the 22's on the JHS side - which has practically no grass on it. Take it that is a drainage issue? No other way it could be so much worse than the rest of the pitch, is there?

Anyway, two fantastic home wins this weekend - just a shame they are all too rare for both sides.

It was already a state before our game kicked off.

Ask the SRU or Glasgow Warriors groundsman. He's in charge of the pitch now.

Come again :thinking:

Glasgow Warriors signed a new 5 year deal at the end of last year to stay at Firhill and I absolutely hate it! They were supposed to move to a new complex at Scotstoun, but nothing seemed to materialize.

I hate how OUR stadium is covered in Warriors badges! It doesn't belong to them! :mad2:

I hope we put down Astroturf next season, see how the rugby boys like that! :thinking:

Glasgow Warriors signed a new 5 year deal at the end of last year to stay at Firhill and I absolutely hate it! They were supposed to move to a new complex at Scotstoun, but nothing seemed to materialize.

I hate how OUR stadium is covered in Warriors badges! It doesn't belong to them! :mad2:

I hope we put down Astroturf next season, see how the rugby boys like that! :thinking:

Dont know whether you are trolling or not but if we had no Warriors deal we wouldnt have a club. Simple as that.

The 22's??? What the hells the 22s lol.

I dont like it either but i think our survival depends on it.

I fecking do detest all the Rugby stuff all over the stadium especially when they removed some Thistle stuff to do some of it.

Would you rather we played at Scotstoun, while Thistle wen't out of buisness and Firhill was sold for flats? nah, didn't think so!

And we wouldn't be the first professional rugby club to play on astroturf if Thistle did that.

The 22's??? What the hells the 22s lol.

The faded (well, the green football lines stood out better than the white rugby ones yesterday..) lines running the width of the pitch, slightly closer to half-way than the edge of the box. (22 meters from where our try line is)

Would you rather we played at Scotstoun, while Thistle wen't out of buisness and Firhill was sold for flats? nah, didn't think so!

Assumptions, assumptions.

Just because the rent from the Warriors helps us financially doesn't mean we would go bust without it.

Anyway, I doubt you'd be bothered anyway. With you lot waiting in the wings to buy Firhill at the first opportunity, if that scenario ever arose.

Edited by northernsoul