Loan Signing

honved

Some feedback from a Motherwell fan in my office:-

" Good wee player ( and I mean wee! ) and holds the ball up well. Been knocking on the fringes for a couple of seasons now but there's always been an established front line ahead of him ( Murphy, Sutton, Jutkiewicz,Blackman ) so he only tended to get 10 mins at most at the end of games. He's started a couple and had a great game against Celtic last season, setting up a goal for Jutkiewicz. He needs games and I think he'll do you a turn. I take it this is to replace Buchanan? PS McHugh - he has a reputation amongst our younger fans of being a bit of a ladies man. Whenever warming up behind the goal or when he comes on, it's usually to choruses of "Bob McHugh, shags the burds, Bob McHugh ...."

Some feedback from a Motherwell fan in my office:-

" Good wee player ( and I mean wee! ) and holds the ball up well. Been knocking on the fringes for a couple of seasons now but there's always been an established front line ahead of him ( Murphy, Sutton, Jutkiewicz,Blackman ) so he only tended to get 10 mins at most at the end of games. He's started a couple and had a great game against Celtic last season, setting up a goal for Jutkiewicz. He needs games and I think he'll do you a turn. I take it this is to replace Buchanan? PS McHugh - he has a reputation amongst our younger fans of being a bit of a ladies man. Whenever warming up behind the goal or when he comes on, it's usually to choruses of "Bob McHugh, shags the burds, Bob McHugh ...."

Oh bollocks it's another McConalogue...

Id also rather see our own youngtsers given a chance. I wish the boy well and hope he's a good 'un but totally uninspired by this move.

My thoughts are the same as yours, not to sure why the Manager has done this.

Only reasons I can think of are:

Like Balatoni we are getting him for nothing. Certainly hints at this on the Offical website.

We are in the relegation zone maybe he thinks McHugh can get us out by scoring goals and is more likely to do so than some of our youngsters so by the time March comes we are away from the zone and McHugh returns to Motherwell and our own youngsters get their chance without their being as much pressure on them ie a relegation zone.

Certainly hope McHugh does well as we need more goalscorers than just Doolan and carthorse Grehan looks pretty terrible. Hope we still sign Hardie as well.

All the best with the Jags Robert :thumbsup2:

website.

We are in the relegation zone maybe he thinks McHugh can get us out by scoring goals and is more likely to do so than some of our youngsters so by the time March comes we are away from the zone and McHugh returns to Motherwell and our own youngsters Pat Clarke gets his chance to sign for Thistle. Certainly hope McHugh does well as we need more goalscorers than just Doolan and carthorse Grehan looks pretty terrible. Hope we still sign Hardie as well.

Fixed that for you, TL. B)

Id also rather see our own youngtsers given a chance. I wish the boy well and hope he's a good 'un but totally uninspired by this move.

Agreed.

On first impressions, it's a totally uninspiring loan signing.

Hope he turns out to be a 10+ goals scorer in his time with us, but if he has two duff performances, he should be replaced by one of our youngsters. Don't want to see McCall persevere with him if he isn't making a difference, like he has done with previous loanees i can sadly still remember all too vividly, the majority of these being nothing but a waste of a jersey.

Another "promising SPL young player on the fringes of the 1st team", havent we heard this before? Oh yeah, thats right, its the same line that was trotted out about Steven Lennon and Damon Gray. Well heres hoping this guy has more goals in him than these 2.

Damon Gray has the ability, as his goal at Ibrox showed. For some unknown reason, he could not maintain that good early form for us.

Another "promising SPL young player on the fringes of the 1st team", havent we heard this before? Oh yeah, thats right, its the same line that was trotted out about Steven Lennon and Damon Gray. Well heres hoping this guy has more goals in him than these 2.

Big difference between those 2.

Lennon was on a good wage and scored 0 goals.

We were getting Gray on £200 a week from Hibs and as McCall said all that was more than paid back with huge interest with his one goal at Ibrox. Even if he had scored that just one goal he was worth it given the guys age and how little he was costing us. Given that he scored another 7 goals on top of that including a couple against Clyde as well setting up a few then to say he was as bad as Lennon is doing him a great disservice

My thoughts are the same as yours, not to sure why the Manager has done this.

Only reasons I can think of are:

Like Balatoni we are getting him for nothing. Certainly hints at this on the Offical website.

We are in the relegation zone maybe he thinks McHugh can get us out by scoring goals and is more likely to do so than some of our youngsters so by the time March comes we are away from the zone and McHugh returns to Motherwell and our own youngsters get their chance without their being as much pressure on them ie a relegation zone.

Certainly hope McHugh does well as we need more goalscorers than just Doolan and carthorse Grehan looks pretty terrible. Hope we still sign Hardie as well.

Eh... we're in the top half.