Buchannan

GrantB

See there's a wee article about him in today's Evening Times talking about his time at Firhill.

Anyone think he'll get the Harkins treatment on Saturday?

To be fair to Liam, he has said only positive things about the club and suggested that he wanted to stay. It was the club who wanted him to move on to cut the wage bill. Any fans who give him abuse should be ashamed of themselves.

To be fair to Liam, he has said only positive things about the club and suggested that he wanted to stay. It was the club who wanted him to move on to cut the wage bill. Any fans who give him abuse should be ashamed of themselves.

Well said! The guy was not the best striker in the world, did miss sitters and was injured for times. However he also scored us a lot of vital goals, put in 100% effort and run himself ragged even when those he was playing with (Hamilton and Lovell to name a couple) made no effort at all. He was also proud to play for Partick Thistle and the jersey and lets face it there has been plenty over the last 10 years who have shown no pride.

If anyone who should be getting booed in the Dunfermline team then it should be Andy Dowie when he was at Thistle he did everything Liam didnt:

Thought he was some big time charlie

Tried when it suited him

Was more interested in following his beloved Rangers than show any pride in playing for Partick Thistle.

If we could afford him would be happy to have Liam as a Partick Thistle player everything that the chancer Andy Dowie was not

I wont be dishing out the kind of abuse I did to Harkins as I don't think Liam has done anything wrong.

However, if he suddenly regains his scoring touch against us, I might change my mind!

To be fair he is now paid to score for Dunfermline so I wont be that surprised to see him score for them. It would be only if he started giving us the up yours signs like Darren Brady gave when playing against us that he would deserve that and to be fair I dont really think Liam is that type of guy.

Some will boo, that's their choice. More will boo if he's having a good game, I'll do anything to help us win, if that means trying to put a player off by disturbing them/getting them riled, then so be it. I'm in no way setting out to boo Liam, & I won't if we're winning/playing well. But if he's being a wee pain in the arse, he's just another opposition player.

To be fair he is now paid to score for Dunfermline so I wont be that surprised to see him score for them. It would be only if he started giving us the up yours signs like Darren Brady gave when playing against us that he would deserve that and to be fair I dont really think Liam is that type of guy.

If he puts away a one on one chance past Fox, I might explode! I like Liam and I always thought he tried for us, the problem being that it just wasn't happening for him and with our financial position, we cannot afford passengers on high (for us) wages.

Think you are being a wee bit unkind on Darren Brady. After the abuse we gave him while he was playing for us, I don;'t blamme the guy for giving a wee bit back when he played against us. It's not like he went on to better things in his career.

You are 100% spot on in your previous post about Andy Dowie. Useless h u n.

There's every chance Liam will score against us. For a wee guy he feeds off wing play (I thought he was at his best when Corcoran and even Twaddle were at their best) and as we all know the Pars are strong when it comes to wide play.

btw news to me about Brady giving us the vicky but if ever a player had justification then Darren's your man. Others can disagree but no matter how out his depth the lad was with us (and we were on a pretty low) I don't think the guy was either a shirker or a bad influence.

If he was to score and react in the way Harkins did at Dens Park against us last season then he might come in for a bit of abuse.

Other than that I can't see it.

I've not been at many Dundee games recently so don't know the history since Harkins left, but assuming he got some abuse, if I was in his position I'd probably be delighted to score against my tormentors.

I thought he was standout when he was with us and on the playing side was sad to see him go but I'm glad as feck that he did, in fcat it saved us. I don't resent him but wish he'd leave Dens. In fact it's a disgrace that he's still there. Any sign of him leaving before the window closes? I'm doubting that now.

The Dundee CVA meeting is getting close now but it's been very quiet.

Edited by beep0608

Here on the Dunfermline website. I think the Jackie Husband played it just right yesterday as regards the 'pint-sized hitman'....

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20110129/liam-buchanan-post-partick_2207955_2279907

Was wondering how the reaction came across. From where I was sitting it sounded like as many were booing as were clapping but it's often difficult to tell from what's going on immediately around you.

I was glad that we got Buchanan's first game against us out the way so soon as he looks as though his form's coming back and may do well for Dunfermline.

Edited by scotty

Liam Buchanan was absolutely garbage yesterday, some things never change, naff off son, tuck your shirt in and realise your new team is going sodding nowhere.

Fifer in pub - "aye but he must be gid like ken cause we signed him like"

Me - "he was probably our best known player, no Thistle fan gives a toss he has gone, think about it, what does that tell you"

Fifer in pub - "aye but he will score the goals like ken"

Me - "put 5 chances for him on a plate today and you'll be lucky for him to score one"

Fifer in pub - "is he no very gid like"

Me - "well he's awright but nothing special"

Fifer in pub - "aw"

Me - "he won't score today and the wee Rovers will win the league"

Fifer in pub - "ken"