Jim Alexander

1 John Lambie

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the question, Will. Isn't it? How much of this is folk having a dump on others and how much is about keeping the club alive?

how about it wont the club one way or another?... like most of the moany posts here where much hot air is expended on conspiracies, speculations and invention that go nowhere ! we have o BOD who are secretly trying to kill the club and steal all the gold....makes u laugh!

how about it wont the club one way or another?... like most of the moany posts here where much hot air is expended on conspiracies, speculations and invention that go nowhere ! we have o BOD who are secretly trying to kill the club and steal all the gold....makes u laugh!

No but we may have a BOD who have got rid of someone who was getting to close to something they didnt want us to know about, untill we find out one way or another people will speculate, its what we do and what you are doing, but with the opposite view.

I thought DB did explain it ? And it's not surprising if it was inter personal on nature details are omitted

David Beattie's explanation was, to say the least, mealy-mouthed and attemtped to make it appear that he was speculating on a reason, when the information we now have seemingly makes it clear he knows damned well what happened.

I've seen nothing that would convince me personally that this wasn't a deliberate removal of a director rather than an innocent (sic) failure to get the requisite support. And as such, the club would appear to be in breach of their corporate obligations under the Companies Act. If I was them, I'd be asking serious questions of the organisation that is supposed to be keeping them on the straight and narrow on such things, but we know where that leads......

That may not be their goal, but we do have a board of directors lost in a haze of potential conflicts of interest where the principal participants stand to benefit if the football club survives, and also if the football club fails.

In that type of scenario, bland assurances of the people being "Thistle-minded" isn't enough. That seems like a more than justifiable concern to me, and nothing like hot air.

Edited by Allan Heron

how about it wont the club one way or another?... like most of the moany posts here where much hot air is expended on conspiracies, speculations and invention that go nowhere !

The budgets were wrong again this year? Speculation, invention or reality?

We have another cash flow gap to fill? Speculation, invention or reality?

The internal controls have in the past failed to prevent financial loss to the club? Speculation, invention or reality?

And there is so much more to come out and to take a leaf out of Kevin Keegans book, I am going to love it when it does - speculation, invention or reality? Guess we will just have to wait and see.

The budgets were wrong again this year? Speculation, invention or reality?

We have another cash flow gap to fill? Speculation, invention or reality?

The internal controls have in the past failed to prevent financial loss to the club? Speculation, invention or reality?

And there is so much more to come out and to take a leaf out of Kevin Keegans book, I am going to love it when it does - speculation, invention or reality? Guess we will just have to wait and see.

yes we have financial problems big surprise who doesnt....director voted off board who cares? is that affecting the fianacial issue?

That may not be their goal, but we do have a board of directors lost in a haze of potential conflicts of interest where the principal participants stand to benefit if the football club survives, and also if the football club fails.

In that type of scenario, bland assurances of the people being "Thistle-minded" isn't enough. That seems like a more than justifiable concern to me, and nothing like hot air.

this is a very good example of what i mean...where is there any EVIDENCE of any personal gain to any director in any of this speculation? all i do know is to join the thistle board board costs you real money lots of time and endless abuse!

this is a very good example of what i mean...where is there any EVIDENCE of any personal gain to any director in any of this speculation? all i do know is to join the thistle board board costs you real money lots of time and endless abuse!

You want evidence that if the football Club does not survive, several individuals would stand to gain financially?

The Property Company GUARANTEES a return on investment for all individual shareholders thereof (except the Club). If the Club goes into insolvency procedures, the other investors also legally have an option to buy the Club's share instead of it going straight onto the open market.

David Beattie (director), Billy Allan (director) and Tom Hughes (ex-director and current Club Secretary and Accounts Boff) are 3 of aforementioned investors.

yes we have financial problems big surprise who doesnt....director voted off board who cares? is that affecting the fianacial issue?

It does seem rather odd that when the guy who set at least 6 budgets in a row which he didn't then adhere to is still advising the Club on financial matters while Jim Alexander, who whilst a personality that divides opinion did a lot of work for the Club, gets the axe.

Who said that any director had MADE any personal gain? Your constant attempts at misdirection are getting a little tiresome.

The agreement made between the football club and PropCo means that investors in PropCo can gain whether the club has a glorious future, or whether it fails. And when such investors are also on the board of the football club, how can we be certain that they are not looking to be the current generation's Bill Hiddleston. I'm sure Bill was considered to be Thirds-minded in the 1960's!

Bland assurances that these people are Thistle minded never has been enough. It was perfectly possible for more robust and transparent protection for the football club to be incorporated into the arrangement between the club and PropCo. This did not happen. Which leaves the inevitable question - why not?

So why was the director who authorised an audit of the club's financial transactions over the tenure of Hughes /Cowan's time on the BoD thenremoved from the board at the first opportunity? What exactly are they trying to hide??

Putting aside any personal dislike you obviously have for Jim, that is the question that needs answering.

If you are laughing, you are either taking a naive view on things or you haven't thought about the implications for the sustainable future of our Club.

Yep. Makes you wonder why the likes of Tom Hughes has stuck around so long to take it doesn't it? :thinking:

Thinking back now to his Armageddon ramblings on the old site, it looks more and more like a cry for help from a man who couldn't hack it any more. Pity his fellow directors didn't do the decent thing and usher him off on gardening leave to count his own beans instead of the club's.

Now he's so tangled up in things, I fear he'll end up being Maryhill's own John Stape.

Thinking back now to his Armageddon ramblings on the old site, it looks more and more like a cry for help from a man who couldn't hack it any more. Pity his fellow directors didn't do the decent thing and usher him off on gardening leave to count his own beans instead of the club's.

Now he's so tangled up in things, I fear he'll end up being Maryhill's own John Stape.

DU ruins credibility by demonstrating a familiarity with Coronation Street.

I had to do a quick Google to find out who John Stape was!!

DU, not being a Corrie fan I had to look that particular cultural reference up on Wikipedia:

Some of the viewing public became annoyed at one of the character's main storylines. Actor Graeme Hawley was blasted for his portrayal of the character stating that he gave the teaching profession a bad name. Hawley explained that: "I have bumped into a few teachers who haven't been happy with me,"

Replace teaching with accountancy and it becomes an interesting analogy. Perhaps even javeajag would find that sufficiently uncomplicated to be amusing :blink:

DU ruins credibility by demonstrating a familiarity with Coronation Street.

I had to do a quick Google to find out who John Stape was!!

I apologise for having my finger on the nation's cultural pulse.

He's a well-meaning but hapless professional who keeps making bad decisions and ultimately has to go on a relentless, but hilarious killing spree to prevent his mistakes coming to light. Under this theory, Jim got off fairly lightly.

He's a well-meaning but hapless professional who keeps making bad decisions and ultimately has to go on a relentless, but hilarious killing spree to prevent his mistakes coming to light. Under this theory, Jim got off fairly lightly.

Everyone asking questions here has cause to worry should the bing ever be redeveloped, then. I'm thinking concrete cakets for McKennan, jaf and DU.

Everyone asking questions here has cause to worry should the bing ever be redeveloped, then. I'm thinking concrete cakets for McKennan, jaf and DU.

At least that way, at 0-1 down to falkirk at half-time in the wintertime, we could guarantee that the second half would be a Thriller :thinking:

I have been wondering how we are going to cover what Jim did...who will take over, doing what?

But, I have heard we have put out feelers to headhunt a CEO?!!

Could this be right?? Where is the money coming from?!!

I think it a good thing in certain conditions -

. the funding - it is new and ringfenced

. they are not simply replacing what JA did for nothing with an overhead, and have a more wide reaching remit

. they are not hamstrung by having a clause in their contract that they are not permitted to ask any (difficult) financial questions about the past, present or future of TH

. and of course, that they make the right appointment!!!