Saturdays Game

Balloch Jag

Anyone have any idea if and when a pitch inspection will be called? I`ve got until lunchtime tommorrow to make a decision and if they even decide on a pitch inspection then we`re cancelling. Not chancing another Falkirk. I know it`s a lot further north but last night`s game in Inverness was cancelled because of a waterlogged pitch and the weather forecast is for lots of rain in the N/E over the next two days.

Saw someone from Perth on the P&B forum saying that its no more than a flicker of snow compared to what it was like in November and that the sun is melting it away nicely at the moment. The forecast on BBC predicts a bit more rain but its meant to be sunny on Saturday and not drop below 1 degree from now until then so here's hoping! So up for this game!

I thought they didn't have undersoil heating?

"Today's match against Aberdeen has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

As hoped, the remaining ice melted overnight with the assistance of the undersoil heating but the resultant water combined with the very heavy overnight rain has made the pitch unplayable."

That was on st Johnstone site couple of weeks ago, so looks like they do have undersoil heating but lets hope it's not same outcome as Aberdeen game :( think I'd shoot myself

Depressing negativity - almost trying to discourage people from going - it may be off but I think 8pm on the Wednesday before a Saturday game is a bit early to be speculating about it.

Not good news it is called off - as others have said, our share of the 'pot' will be much reduced. Also quite looking forward to a wee jolly to Perth.

If this is off it will be a nightmare, the Stirling cup game was a good laugh on a Saturday afternoon, plenty of Jags fans in the pubs and a good day had by all. The Falkirk midweek cup game was rubbish pre and post match, only saw a group of 4 other Jags fans and not a single other at any point in the town centre.

If it's Tuesday I'll struggle to make it and I also won't be able to touch a drop.

Depressing negativity - almost trying to discourage people from going - it may be off but I think 8pm on the Wednesday before a Saturday game is a bit early to be speculating about it.

Not good news it is called off - as others have said, our share of the 'pot' will be much reduced. Also quite looking forward to a wee jolly to Perth.

When you're looking forward to a trip to McDiarmid Park that surely is 'The magic of the cup'.

some guy talks about it on p 'n' b...

2 different buses go that way. circle service.

Just jump on a bus outside the ground, theres loads from crieff + the 1 or 2, on the way up from Mill Street (foundry, sportsters pubs) go the opposite way round the same route but both end up at mcdiarmid.

you can get a no1 or no2 bus at one of the bus stops opposite the taxi rank that stops outside mcdairmid!

or walk along to mill st/murray st (which is slightly closer to the ground) for a few more decent boozers and get the bus or taxi rank there!

best taxi number (01738) 626666

best private hire (01738) 621141

Edited by potty trained