Game Off

Martin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been reliably informed that Saints' groundsman didn't weight the covers on Thursday night, despite the forecast. Then, when he'd discovered they'd been blown off during the night, he didn't weight them during Friday. That's when the damage was done. Saints' fault.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

Have been reliably informed that Saints' groundsman didn't weight the covers on Thursday night, despite the forecast. Then, when he'd discovered they'd been blown off during the night, he didn't weight them during Friday. That's when the damage was done. Saints' fault.

Another graduate from the University of Incompetence... at least other clubs are hiring them too...

Factor in that Geoff Brown is the owner of a construction company, who you'd expect would have considerable experience in drainage, and it's even more galling.

The home club gets the larger split of the gate receipts to cover the cost of staging the match. The least they should do is go 50/50 on Tuesday. But they won't.

Maybe not the best example as Alloa play on a plastic pitch.

Forgot about that! :)

The Saints fans are raging too. They say that the covers blew off on Thursday morning. Some also say that the McDiarmid pitch does not drain properly and that the problem will need to be addressed in the summer. What a farce!

Factor in that Geoff Brown is the owner of a construction company, who you'd expect would have considerable experience in drainage, and it's even more galling.

The home club gets the larger split of the gate receipts to cover the cost of staging the match. The least they should do is go 50/50 on Tuesday. But they won't.

you couldnt make this up,how do they get away with such a total lack of responsibility,very,very disappointed

I've been reliably informed when building my shed, my brother in law bolted it into a concrete slab on the ground........It is currently 200 yards from my house, down an embankment smashed to hell !!! May be my bro in law also moonlights as the St J groundsman !!

I've been reliably informed when building my shed, my brother in law bolted it into a concrete slab on the ground........It is currently 200 yards from my house, down an embankment smashed to hell !!! May be my bro in law also moonlights as the St J groundsman !!

Where on earth do you stay that a concrete slab can be uplifted and moved 200 yards?! :P

Despite what the Saints site is saying, the covers were apparently weighted down with various pieces of flotsam and jetsam. It was only yesterday that sandbags were utilised. AFTER THE DAMAGE WAS DONE. They won't admit to it, but the blame lies squarely at their door.

Exactly. St J should be hammered for this postponment and their complete incompetence.

I also heard no Groundsmen were given any overtime or called in, when it became apparent covers were lifting, and were left for over 15 hours exposed while the weather did it's worst through Thursday night.

The Farmers are fast turning into Motherwell, with their embarrasment of a pitch, drainage and USH systems.