Bring Back Mark Roberts

Gimp

need i say any more? we need players who will impact on us and get us singin again. we dont have a chico but he is near enough. we love him we need someone to put smiles back on our face and mark roberts does that with his 'more front than brighton nonsense' what i'm sayin is we need players who will exciter4 us and he will

Roberts is now part-time and will have a new career. I doubt that he would want to go full-time again, especially on the wages we offer now.

As other have commented, the club were right to release Roberts. His form had dipped as he had lost a yard or so of pace.

We have to build for the future now with Fraser, Burns and maybe a new signing.

Utter dross. The whole team are putting smiles on our faces at the moment. The Bridge is the new Chic, McQuade, Trigger, Roberts and Harkins all in one.

Over half of Roberts' goals have came from the penalty spot this season, his goal to game ratio is flattering in that sense.

Yes, he is a Thistle legend but he left at the right time and we don't need him now.

need i say any more? we need players who will impact on us and get us singin again. we dont have a chico but he is near enough. we love him we need someone to put smiles back on our face and mark roberts does that with his 'more front than brighton nonsense' what i'm sayin is we need players who will exciter4 us and he will

Currently Dools, Erskine, Fox, Paton, Boyle and Rowser to name but a few, are putting smiles on the fans faces. Last week by all accounts the atmosphere at firhill was fantastic with everyone in the jackie singing.

Marko was a great player for the Jags. He has, however, had his time. Great to see him scoring goals for Ayr but time for a new hero.

Mark was subject of one of the questions at the MtM night. McCall doesn't think he released him too early. He did tho' mention something about Mark going into coaching but I'd better leave that to someone else to elaborate on as I can't remember what exactly was said.

I do tho' feel young Bannigan will be benefiting from playing with Roberts. From what I've read Stuart is playing very well down at Ayr. Much of his football is bound to involve link up play with Mark.

Love marko but no way would he excite the fans.I mean come on he's a 2nd division player and at the end of his spell he was not cutting it.No idea why people think we should bring him bk in the team.Get him bk for a half time draw tho or a night.I'd love to hear some stories about his time with thistle what he thinks of the club ect :thumbsup2:

Love marko but no way would he excite the fans.I mean come on he's a 2nd division player and at the end of his spell he was not cutting it.No idea why people think we should bring him bk in the team.Get him bk for a half time draw tho or a night.I'd love to hear some stories about his time with thistle what he thinks of the club ect :thumbsup2:

Don't need him back for that. jonboy can do it by proxy :thumbsup2: .

apologies for use of the p word

I'm probably up there with Jonboy as one of Marko's biggest fans. I can't overstate how high the Hoor is up there on the favourite sons list. As LIB says, the great man probably has another career now outside of the game. If he ever came back it would have to be part time anyway. Next season would be the first available opportunity, by which time he would be just too old, and I wouldn't blame him if he told us to feck off, not that there's any chance of McCall pursuing him.

I do disagree, however, with the 'we let him go at the right time' prevailing philosophy; we did no such thing. Until very recently, let us not forget, we could hardly buy a goal, and this was the case for large chunks of this and last season. Meanwhile, the legendary maestro was banging them in down the Ayrshire coast on a fairly regular basis, penalties or otherwise. Knowing Marko's craft and guile, I've littled doubt that the graceful one has been 'earning' a fair number of his new club's spot kicks.

Mark Roberts: genius, legend, master of all he surveys - gone but never ever forgotten. :worshippy:

Was talking to some Ayr fans about this and they say his legs are shot. What he does have though is the ability to be in the right place at the right time and take a good penalty.

a good player doesn't need legs. he just needs to know where he has to be and roberts has that. his positioning is amazing. thats why ally mccoist and kris boyd are effective3. not good footballers but effecftive

22 goal, 22 games this season. We definately let him go too early. Grehan or Roberts?

Top notch reply. I always felt Marko left too early, He seemed to take a slight dip in form with much rumour of other things ( Unless I'm totally wrong... i.e disclaimer ).

Always felt he was a man likely to score goals. His record whilst at Firhil was excellent. Would I give him another chance ? hell yes as long as Grehan is at Firhill we are well beyond the bare bones on the striking front!

Marko will probably be assistant coach with Ayr United soon. and yes hes working :thumbsup2:

What's he working as? Stunt double for Kauto Star? Or is it another engagement at Ayr Racecourse...

:lol:

Seriously, I think Marko's level is about the Second Division - his legs were shot before he left us, but that's not (and never was) what his game was about. Glad he's doing well and all, but yesterday's man...

What's he working as? Stunt double for Kauto Star? Or is it another engagement at Ayr Racecourse...

:lol:

Seriously, I think Marko's level is about the Second Division - his legs were shot before he left us, but that's not (and never was) what his game was about. Glad he's doing well and all, but yesterday's man...

I do wish someone could refresh my mind on what McCall said about Roberts and coaching the other night. I can vaguely remember a previous Q & A when a Mr Richard Campbell rubbished the idea of Mark Roberts pursuing a career in coaching.

I do wish someone could refresh my mind on what McCall said about Roberts and coaching the other night. I can vaguely remember a previous Q & A when a Mr Richard Campbell rubbished the idea of Mark Roberts pursuing a career in coaching.

He said that he's tried to convince Roberts to take his coaching badges & possibly get him back here in some sort of coaching capacity as this was the only club that he was truly loved at. & presumably McCall thinks he'd make a good coach.

He said that he's tried to convince Roberts to take his coaching badges & possibly get him back here in some sort of coaching capacity as this was the only club that he was truly loved at. & presumably McCall thinks he'd make a good coach.

Thanks, 1JL :thumbsup2: . I got the impression the other night that McCall feels the immediate way forward for us is to have a squad mostly made up of a core of under 25 year olds, a few experienced players and a conveyor belt of trainee coaches still registered as players. Names mentioned were Donnelly & McNamara as at present and Hardie, Craigan, Lilley, Archibald & Roberts as potential. Got to agree this sort of policy makes sense.

Just a guess but with Sid & Jackie turning down the Stirling job I wouldn't be surprised if they've something already lined up for next season. In my mind it would be ideal to replace them in the summer with any two from Archie, BMMMH, Roberts and Craigan (even Lilley at a stretch).