Poor Performance

clarencegarter

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always rely on this forum for a good laugh!

I reckon I know who Gus is, and I reckon at 90% of the games I've saw him at he's been slightly merry/blootered and giving it laldy! For me though, we need these kind of guys at the game. I don't sing at the games but I enjoy the atmosphere that guys like Gus create and it definitely helps the team.

Who cares if he's blootered, he's never offended me (apart from the time I was stuck behind him at Cappielow and witnessed the hairiest back known to man!) and he obviously has a deep love for the jags.

So enough of the keyboard warrior pish and see you all on Saturday!

p.s If Gus isn't the guy with the hairy back at Cappielow then I have no idea who he is and offer my apologies!!

What a damp squib or Squid!

I feel kind of cheated now! Less that 2,500 fans in a match that had it been played on the Saturday would have had > 7,000. The last minute (Ok so it was a few hours) decision to put the game on just added to the sense of we must get this game played and sod the fans sort of atmosphere. By all accounts the team didn't play well, when was the last time we played well in Perth?

Anyway, I still feel cheated out of a big event which was rushed to get it out the way! As you say though it is a diddy cup!

Where's this 7000 figure coming from. We may have took close to 2000 but there's no way they'll manage 5000 until they get to the semis. They really are a diddy club that mob.

Some of the stuff here has went a bit too far, we understand that you have differing opinions, but there's a way to put it across without resorting to personal comments. No posts have been deleted, but please keep personal abuse out of your posts when arguing your point of view.

Thanks

mod1

Jesus, you a right self righteous little tosser aren't you? Maybe you should go and watch the rugby on a Friday night instead, sounds like you'd fit far more comfortably into that crowd. Failing that, go and pay a hooker, because you so obviously haven’t had your hole in a long long time.

LOL

I'm glad Wee Gus received an apology from Livi. I was sat in front of him & he did nothing wrong. Too be fair to one of the plod that was there he intimated that it was the steward that was in the wrong but they are in a partnership with stewards at events and have to back each other up.

On last nights game did no one else think it was strange that there seemed to be a fair share of traffic polis in the ground. Do they receive ongoing training in crowd control? Don't know if it had an effect but seemed strange to me all the same.

No comment on the game itself as there doesn't seem to be a point. Glad the Fox in the box isn't too damaged though.

I must say, I am really looking forward to Dumfries on Saturday. I cannot wait to take offence at my fellow jags fans singing, standing up, consuming alcoholic liquour and generally enjoying themselves. Of course at the time I will do absolutely nothing about it, I'll just rush home to my laptop to lambast these morons from the safety of my internet alias:)

I'm not usually one to agree with the closet-tim Tom Stronach but the stewards up here are completely out of order.

I was down on Saturday at the Newcastle - Arsenal game and the crowd were boozed up while some were completely shedded (with drink on sale downstairs throughout the match) and from the moment it went to 4-2 on their comeback the top of the Gallowgate end had about 3000 people standing for the last 15 minutes - and no, the stadium didn't fall down and people didn't get crushed.

It's the jobsworths in orange and yellow jackets ruining the game up here - small crowds = easy targets

... and leave northernsoul alone - he's awrite.

Edited by gianlucatoni

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Why doesn't someone out that clown. I think the bulk of us who have posted on these forums for years are well aware of who he is.

For the avoidance of doubt, I was previosuly known as honkhonk.

Gus should not have been thrown out at Perth. Its the same steward everytime.

Why doesn't someone out that clown. I think the bulk of us who have posted on these forums for years are well aware of who he is.

I complained to the coppers on the way out the ground,the answer they gave me was the club state the rules of crowd control they only enforce them.Bullshit if you ask me,anyway going by most fans of everyother club st johnstones stewarding is the worst so why not hit these a.......s were it hurts by staying away from these shite awayday fixtures.maybe they'll soon realise to not shit on the people who pay their wages...GET UP STAND UP.

Sent St johnstone e-mail after game saying how people are only trying to create atmosphere etc and shouldn't be chucked out etc etc.... here's response

"

Hi Ally

Thank you for your e-mail – apologies I have not got back to you sooner.

I’ll certainly take forward your comments to the next pre-ops meeting we have with the Police. My understanding is that a Thistle fan was ejected for “persistent standing” but I am aware that this could be seen in many different ways – is standing during a specific song different than persistent standing?

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to contact us and I will bring it up at the next meeting to find out more about the background to the game and events.

Hope Thistle have a successful remainder of the season."

Sent St johnstone e-mail after game saying how people are only trying to create atmosphere etc and shouldn't be chucked out etc etc.... here's response

"

Hi Ally

Thank you for your e-mail – apologies I have not got back to you sooner.

I’ll certainly take forward your comments to the next pre-ops meeting we have with the Police. My understanding is that a Thistle fan was ejected for “persistent standing” but I am aware that this could be seen in many different ways – is standing during a specific song different than persistent standing?

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to contact us and I will bring it up at the next meeting to find out more about the background to the game and events.

Hope Thistle have a successful remainder of the season."

Drug dealing outside primary schools, thieving from OAPs, mugging the blind and persistent standing. The lowest of the low :thumbdown::angry:

Like Fred and others have posted in this thread (I too was up near the back rows and in vicinity of Gus and the other guy who was ejected), and from what I saw and heard, the entire blame lies at the feet of the bonehead-jobsworth-steward ..... he was out to cause trouble from the outset (unlike Gus or any of the other singers and those in back few rows), and was clear even before kick-off he was on a mission to maintain his Grade A Tosser status and chuck a few Jags fans out.

Stewards like him (and those at Dundee, Dunfermline and so on) are part of the problem that is killing football and its support, driving fans away and ruining atmospheres.

The only person who should have been ejected from mcdiarmid farm last week was that prat of a steward. And i mean permantly ejected. Sacked.

Gus and the other guy were guilty of nothing more than supporting their team.

STAND UP FOR THE THISTLE.