Macbeth And Halliwell To Clyde

Ancipital

I'd imagine they are paying his wages. Duffy must've came in just slightly too late to just take over his contract during the transfer window.

This has seriously made me rethink my "put on whoever is playing Clyde" as part of my coupon.

But, they'll have Halliwell in goal... :P

Edited by 1 John Lambie

it will help macbeth out and hopefully they keep halliwell

Is McBeth not out of contract at the end of the season? What worries me is if Clyde try to keep him or get him to sign a pre contract with them, though surely to goodness despite our lack of funds we can offer far better conditions than them.

Edited by Third Lanark

Is McBeth not out of contract at the end of the season? What worries me is if Clyde try to keep him or get him to sign a pre contract with them, though surely to goodness despite our lack of funds we can offer far better conditions than them.

They would owe us a transfer fee because he's under 23...they cant afford that.

Besides why would someone whos likely to play for the Thistle first team in the next season or two join a struggling 3rd division club. makes no sense whatsoever!

I think MacBeth should have 5/6 games down there and then a run in the 1st team at Firhill to end the season. That should hopefully held him climb the slope into 1st division football. A lot of 3rd division football then the close season, will not be a whole lot of use without a chance to build on it straight away.

Think McCall and the rest of the coaches rate MacBeth very highly. I Just can't see him not being offered a new deal. The injury has severely hampered his progress this season, but not to the extent that we'll lose him to Clyde.

I hope McBeth is only away for a month and can push for a place in our 1st team towards the end of the season.

As for teflon hands, hopefully he can keep up his 'form' at the Gypos!

I think MacBeth should have 5/6 games down there and then a run in the 1st team at Firhill to end the season. That should hopefully held him climb the slope into 1st division football. A lot of 3rd division football then the close season, will not be a whole lot of use without a chance to build on it straight away.

Agree with this, bring him back and get him a few games for us before the end of the season.

Is this not the boy that Owen Coyle was making enquiries about a while back? Surely if that's the case we will sign him for next season, he can't be on much of a wage anyway.

I'd be quite happy to let MacBeth stay at the Gypos until the end of the season, so long as he's playing. I thought he was a little heavy legged before his injury so it'll be interesting to see how he is now.

Hopefully McGeough is next to head out on loan. Would like Campbell to play a decent run of games aswell but we would be left a bit short if he was to leave.

Is this not the boy that Owen Coyle was making enquiries about a while back? Surely if that's the case we will sign him for next season, he can't be on much of a wage anyway.

He was down at Bolton for a week's trial shortly before the end of last season.

Likewise I'd like to see Ryan back before the end of the season. He's in a slightly different situation to Bannigan. MacBeth needs competitive games to regain full match fitness and build his strength back up. Clyde don't face relegation so there's no competitive edge to justify Ryan staying at Broadwood till the end of the season. That's assuming McCall plans playing him in the first team.

Bannigan on the other hand is gaining valuable experience playing in highly competitive games at Ayr (possibly even play off matches).

MacBeth needs competitive games to regain full match fitness and build his strength back up. Clyde don't face relegation so there's no competitive edge to justify Ryan staying at Broadwood till the end of the season. That's assuming McCall plans playing him in the first team.

Aye, that is a good point. However, I think playing every week, no matter the level of competitiveness, will serve him better than coming back and playing the odd half hour. And, I suppose you could say that, by the time he came back to us, our games would be largely irrelevant aswell. Hopefully... :unsure:

Edited by Armand2

The Clyde article (link above) says that McBeth will be at Broadwood for the rest of the season. Like Kinniburgh last season, I would expect him to sign a contract extension before he goes.

Halliwell is, in effect, leaving us permanently as his contract is up at the end of the season. My guess is that the club will have the option of bringing him back if Scully gets injured. He could be released if McCall has another keeper lined up.

The Clyde article (link above) says that McBeth will be at Broadwood for the rest of the season. Like Kinniburgh last season, I would expect him to sign a contract extension before he goes.

Halliwell is, in effect, leaving us permanently as his contract is up at the end of the season. My guess is that the club will have the option of bringing him back if Scully gets injured. He could be released if McCall has another keeper lined up.

It's on our site that McCall is saying MacBeth will be with them for a month then hope to have him ready to play for us after that. wouldn't be surprised though if it ends up that he's there over a month.

It's on our site that McCall is saying MacBeth will be with them for a month then hope to have him ready to play for us after that. wouldn't be surprised though if it ends up that he's there over a month.

Much will depend on his form and how our own limited squad performs. If we have a couple of injuries or suspensions, we will need him back.