Just In

angry gaz

Poor,poor performance reminiscent of the start of the season.Disjointed midfield unable to string any passes together to supply a blunt strikeforce.The team didn't look as if they wanted to be there., very disappointing given how pish Morton are .Fox, only one with pass marks in a horrible drizzly shit midden of a football ground.

What a terrible referee. We seemed to be in control for 15 minutes until the ref gave a penalty that was on a par with the Cowdenbeath one. This time the ball did hit a jags player's hand, but no way was it deliberate. From then on we got more or less nothing from the ref except a few bookings - mostly for fouls which were committed by Morton players. The ref even carried out some blatant time wasting. He was horrible.

Having said that we were pretty poor and failed to create anything. Fox was good, but the defence was at times shaky. The midfield was nonexistent and up front we were punch less. Just what has happened to our midfield? Hodge and Cairney seemed to have lost much will to go forward. The manager did try to change things after half an hour but by that time Morton new they could foul regularly without impunity and they out muscled us. It was a poor show.

I am heading up north tomorrow and will be at Dingwall on Saturday. Let’s hope we can get the same result as our last league game up there. If we are going to do that we will need a big improvement.

Poor,poor performance reminiscent of the start of the season.Disjointed midfield unable to string any passes together to supply a blunt strikeforce.The team didn't look as if they wanted to be there., very disappointing given how pish Morton are .Fox, only one with pass marks in a horrible drizzly shit midden of a football ground.

Agreed. Id add that i thought Hodge would just scrape pass marks as well. Thought he was the only one to try and put his foot on the ball and try and at least find a pass.

Total inept performance overall and worryingly like the start of the season.

Id drop Cairney for the rest of the season and tell him his only chance to play for us again is to get properly fit. Perhaps a change of lifestyle is in order?

What a pathetic performance. This team makes the most basics of football look the hardest thing in the world at times. Simple passes, moving for each other, first touch, communication. It's so frustrating you don't really know where to begin.

The battle was lost in the midfield straight after their penalty, it collapsed. So disjointed. We have nothing through the middle in our team, always tippy tappy out to the wings and then a bad long ball which the majority of the time doesn't find our man.

Archibald and Kinniburgh were very shaky all game, Archie especially.

McCall substitutions, he took three of the starting midfield off. No wonder the midfield in the second half didn't have a clue what it was doing. Where's the discipline and understanding when you take three of the starting midfielders off who have been ever present recently? No complaints about taking Cairney off though, he was rubbish. He needs to work on keeping the ball at his feet. When he brought McGowan on he had him out right, then in middle, then pushed Flannigan from left to right and pushing Grehan out left.

Unbelievable.

Oh aye this is what happened throughout the whole game. Thistle goalkick/shy/cross or punt --> Morton head --> Morton player. They picked up every second ball.

Only Fox gets pass marks. So calm and dealt with everything well. You can't fault him for the penalty.

The ref had a bad game but in no way did it cost us the game. We were just hopeless.

Our shockingly bad away record continues.

Edited by northernsoul

McCall has to take a lot of the blame tonight, as per usual he lines his team up to play for a draw away from home, which I find very disrespectful to the fans that make the effort to travel. Our midfield sat unimaginably deep, as did the defennce, which meant that we simply did not have the numbers to hit them on the break.

McCall says he has the makings of a good time, that's nonsense based on tonight. Archie, Paton, Boyle, Cairney, Hodge, Rowson, Erskine, and Grehan were absolutely awful tonight, the lack of effort only compounds my belief that the whole team is mentally weak and feeble.

I attend every away game, but I have no idea why, we simply don't line up to attempt to win, draws and defeats at Cowdenbeath and Morton (two PUB TEAMS) only prove this! And when we do have the advantage i.e. QoS, we blow it as per usual as we are a bunch of bottlers. We need to start to at least attempt to win away from home, as Dundee and Morton will start to pull clear, leaving us fighting at the bottom. We ain't out the woods yet!

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

What a pathetic performance. This team makes the most basics of football look the hardest thing in the world at times. Simple passes, moving for each other, first touch, communication. It's so frustrating you don't really know where to begin.

The battle was lost in the midfield straight after their penalty, it collapsed. So disjointed. We have nothing through the middle in our team, always tippy tappy out to the wings and then a bad long ball which the majority of the time doesn't find our man.

Archibald and Kinniburgh were very shaky all game, Archie especially.

McCall substitutions, he took three of the starting midfield off. No wonder the midfield in the second half didn't have a clue what it was doing. Where's the discipline and understanding when you take three of the starting midfielders off who have been ever present recently? No complaints about taking Cairney off though, he was rubbish. He needs to work on keeping the ball at his feet. When he brought McGowan on he had him out right, then in middle, then pushed Flannigan from left to right and pushing Grehan out left.

Unbelievable.

Oh aye this is what happened throughout the whole game. Thistle goalkick/shy/cross or punt --> Morton head --> Morton player. They picked up every second ball.

Only Fox gets pass marks. So calm and dealt with everything well. You can't fault him for the penalty.

The ref had a bad game but in no way did it cost us the game. We were just hopeless.

Our shockingly bad away record continues.

Agree with almost all of your comments Colm but the ref one ! That pisses me right off. The penaltly was for me the turning point, yes only 15 mins or so into the game but from then on it was a downward spirall. The referee was the biggest homer I have seen in years!

McCall has to take a lot of the blame tonight, as per usual he lines his team up to play for a draw away from home, which I find very disrespectful to the fans that make the effort to travel. Our midfield sat unimaginably deep, as did the defennce, which meant that we simply did not have the numbers to hit them on the break.

McCall says he has the makings of a good time, that's nonsense based on tonight. Archie, Paton, Boyle, Cairney, Hodge, Rowson, Erskine, and Grehan were absolutely awful tonight, the lack of effort only compounds my belief that the whole team is mentally weak and feeble.

Sums it up perfectly.

The team as a whole were garbage tonight though, except for Fox.

The penaltly was for me the turning point, yes only 15 mins or so into the game but from then on it was a downward spirall. The referee was the biggest homer I have seen in years!

I agree it was the turning point but look at our reaction to it. We just done nothing, except Erskine's shot. We were all over the place and this when you need someone in the team who will roll the sleeves up, get stuck in and lead by example. Sadly we don't have a player like that.

The ref wasn't the reason for us failing to create chances and at least making their keeping earn his wage, that's all I'm saying.

I attend every away game, but I have no idea why, we simply don't line up to attempt to win, draws and defeats at Cowdenbeath and Morton (two PUB TEAMS) only prove this! And when we do have the advantage i.e. QoS, we blow it as per usual as we are a bunch of bottlers. We need to start to at least attempt to win away from home, as Dundee and Morton will start to pull clear, leaving us fighting at the bottom. We ain't out the woods yet!

I can't believe you consider Grehan to have been that good tonight, the others were below their best but to class them as bad as Grehan is just not accurate. Missed the first 15 mins (due to a catalogue of errors) but from my point of view there were major failings up front. Like earlier in the season, we have no-one leading the line and it is causing problems for a midfield and defence that are trying to push the team forward. There were a few dodgy moments in the second half when players were pretty much one on one with either Kinniburgh and Archie, so cant see what you mean by us stting "unimaginabley deep"...we just had heehaw up front as per usual.

Pub teams? You really think we have a right to be that arrogant? If they are pub teams then, at best, so are we. I saw 3 ex Jags in that Morton team and every one of them would have done a better job than those on the park tonight. I'd still take Boyle over McKinley and Archie over Smyth but does anyone else think we could have done worse than trying to get Lyle in to replace Buchanan?

Shite game, shite performance and shite stadium...plus, why were we the only game wi a 7:30pm kick off when everyone else was a 7:45?

I can't believe you consider Grehan to have been that good tonight, the others were below their best but to class them as bad as Grehan is just not accurate. Missed the first 15 mins (due to a catalogue of errors) but from my point of view there were major failings up front. Like earlier in the season, we have no-one leading the line and it is causing problems for a midfield and defence that are trying to push the team forward. There were a few dodgy moments in the second half when players were pretty much one on one with either Kinniburgh and Archie, so cant see what you mean by us stting "unimaginabley deep"...we just had heehaw up front as per usual.

Pub teams? You really think we have a right to be that arrogant? If they are pub teams then, at best, so are we. I saw 3 ex Jags in that Morton team and every one of them would have done a better job than those on the park tonight. I'd still take Boyle over McKinley and Archie over Smyth but does anyone else think we could have done worse than trying to get Lyle in to replace Buchanan?

Shite game, shite performance and shite stadium...plus, why were we the only game wi a 7:30pm kick off when everyone else was a 7:45?

You're only saying that because you look like him!

Sums it up perfectly.

The team as a whole were garbage tonight though, except for Fox.

I agree it was the turning point but look at our reaction to it. We just done nothing, except Erskine's shot. We were all over the place and this when you need someone in the team who will roll the sleeves up, get stuck in and lead by example. Sadly we don't have a player like that.

The ref wasn't the reason for us failing to create chances and at least making their keeping earn his wage, that's all I'm saying.

The captain should be doing this on the pitch.

Steven, you missed the first 15 minutes so you didn't see that Doolan got a foul given against him for jumping for the ball. Grehan came on after half an hour as quite frankly we were playing the high ball to their defence.

Grehan has gotten better over the past few games, and to say he was worse than awful is a bit harsh, he wasn't great but hes a target man, he can only get his head to things. We attempted to give it to him on the chest and to be honest, he isn't the most technically gifted player with the ball at his feet so we were always going to struggle.

To the second half, and McCall plays about with the formation, and when Sid came on, who went to midfield? Doolan as he has pace and can track back? No he stuck Grehan back there, really great managing there McCall, stick the only guy who has the ability to rile or even midly upset their defence out to the wing, where he is on his weaker foot and hasn't got the pace or the aforementioned technical ability to beat a man.

Well done McCall you made my night

Ah, the predictable hysteria on here after a defeat. Haven't you realised that this is our first League defeat since November? Where were you when we were beating the likes of Falkirk and Dunfermline comfortably? Some people are never happy unless they're moaning at something. Can you not just accept the defeat and move on without diving in with two feet, moaning and groaning about how terrible we are. It may surprise you, but in reality, we have a much smaller budget than most of our League rivals and we are in no real danger of being relegated.

I honestly do not understand why anyone would support Thistle if they cannot take an unsurprising defeat on the chin. It's not like last night was a totally shocking and disgraceful defeat.

A sense of perspective please. I'm absolutely sick of the negative drivel on here.

Ah, the predictable hysteria on here after a defeat. Haven't you realised that this is our first League defeat since November? Where were you when we were beating the likes of Falkirk and Dunfermline comfortably? Some people are never happy unless they're moaning at something. Can you not just accept the defeat and move on without diving in with two feet, moaning and groaning about how terrible we are. It may surprise you, but in reality, we have a much smaller budget than most of our League rivals and we are in no real danger of being relegated.

I honestly do not understand why anyone would support Thistle if they cannot take an unsurprising defeat on the chin. It's not like last night was a totally shocking and disgraceful defeat.

A sense of perspective please. I'm absolutely sick of the negative drivel on here.

No, it was just an inept, pathetic, toothless, feeble display that in the main, led to us losing. It's not like McCall's bemusing tactical genius changes were shocking and disgraceful.

No point being negative about that eh?

delighted that the bulk of that mob secured new deals....naaaaaaaaaaaaat.

To say they were honkin last night, putting it mildly it is.

No, it was just an inept, pathetic, toothless, feeble display that in the main, led to us losing. It's not like McCall's bemusing tactical genius changes were shocking and disgraceful.

No point being negative about that eh?

To say they were honkin last night, putting it mildly it is.

It may well have been an inept, toothless, pathetic and feeble display.

BUT IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME!!!!!

We happen to have performances like that from time to time believe it or not. Some of the crap spouted on this thread is what you would come to expect from an Old Firm fan.

If you can't accept crap performances every now so often, don't support Thistle, support Barcelona.

It may well have been an inept, toothless, pathetic and feeble display.

BUT IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME!!!!!

We happen to have performances like that from time to time believe it or not. Some of the crap spouted on this thread is what you would come to expect from an Old Firm fan.

If you can't accept crap performances every now so often, don't support Thistle, support Barcelona.

Calm down dear.

Are you saying people are not allowed to discuss or be critical of the players and management after a crap performance and defeat? Or only praise them after a glorious display and victory? This is after all, a discussion forum, unless i've been very much mistaken for the past 10 months.

Calm down dear.

Are you saying people are not allowed to discuss or be critical of the players and management after a crap performance and defeat? Or only praise them after a glorious display and victory? This is after all, a discussion forum, unless i've been very much mistaken for the past 10 months.

Where did I say people wern't allowed to discuss the negative aspects of our performance? I've been no stranger to a bit of constructive critism myself this season, but some of the posts on this thread have been ridiculous.

Going by what i've read, we have become a crap team overnight, McCall doesn't know what he's doing and that it's a disaster that we've signed up a few of our current players for next season. All of this stems from one bad performance. My point is, that overall, things arn't too bad at all for us (at least on the pitch anyway) and that some people on here would do well to have a reality check.