It's Tight In The Bottom

potty trained

In 10 days time we will have played County away and Dundee at home.

Dundee will have played Morton and ourselves.

County will have played us, Stirling and Falkirk.

Cowden will have played Falkirk, Queens and Stirling.

Going by form, home/away etc, I'd say we will only take 1 point, drawing against County. Dundee will take 6. County will take 4 points and Cowden will take 4 from Queens and Stirling.

Effectively, come a week on Saturday, we realistically could be sitting 3 points off the play off place going into:

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Cowdenbeath v Dundee

Dunfermline v Ross County

Partick Thistle v Queen of South

March is going to be hectic and could either make or break our season, we could head into it on a roll and find some form that turns stale draws into wins. However, if we get into a run of more defeats and draws, whilst Calderwood boots County up the backside, we could end up in a dog fight with Cowden.

Right now, I'm worried, if you look at our form since and including the St Johnstone Cup game am I right in saying we've only had maybe 6 shots ON target(in 4 games)?

We are certainly not clear of the getting involved in the relegation fight. Though last two games we have lost 4 points to disputed penalty decisions.

I think county may go on a run now they have Calderwood in charge. Don’t think Cowdenbeath or Stirling are capable of going on much of a run but can’t be ruled out.

Next Saturday’s game against Dundee is going to a cracker!

Edited by Alan Murray

[quote name='Alan Murray' date='24 February 2011 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1298552858' post='41969'

Next Saturday’s game against Dundee is going to a cracker!

Agree. I'd really love to see us stuff them in that one. Lets hope the team can get up for it as well and produce something akin to the form of our last two home games.

Its obviously been very patchy this season, but I'd imagine we'll find at least a few more decent home performances and wins. I'd guess 40 points should be a safe enough total to avoid the play off spot so we are only really looking for a point a game or thereabouts. Four wins and four draws from sixteen games is surely within our capability, even allowing for a few duff performances.

Not too worried about the relegation issue yet (although a win at County would be seriously helpful!).

I'm starting to get a tad worried about the lack of goals and creativity in the team. As much as I rate the defence, we are ****** anytime we concede a goal and even yesterday showed when we aren't behind we've got very few ideas and options up front.

Can`t come up with any puns but is anyone seriously suggesting we might be in bother in the same league as the current Stirling and Cowdenbeathh teams? Sorry but it`s nonsense.

In one-to-ones against us this season they are about the same as us. I know what you mean, and the idea that we should even be contemplating whether we are stronger than such teams is deplorable. But our league position and our points total tell the truth.

In 10 days time we will have played County away and Dundee at home.

Dundee will have played Morton and ourselves.

County will have played us, Stirling and Falkirk.

Cowden will have played Falkirk, Queens and Stirling.

Going by form, home/away etc, I'd say we will only take 1 point, drawing against County. Dundee will take 6. County will take 4 points and Cowden will take 4 from Queens and Stirling.

Effectively, come a week on Saturday, we realistically could be sitting 3 points off the play off place going into:

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Cowdenbeath v Dundee

Dunfermline v Ross County

Partick Thistle v Queen of South

March is going to be hectic and could either make or break our season, we could head into it on a roll and find some form that turns stale draws into wins. However, if we get into a run of more defeats and draws, whilst Calderwood boots County up the backside, we could end up in a dog fight with Cowden.

Right now, I'm worried, if you look at our form since and including the St Johnstone Cup game am I right in saying we've only had maybe 6 shots ON target(in 4 games)?

Don't be so pessimistic you clueless hobbit..McCall is the man he will have us firing on all cylinders again soon

I'm starting to get a tad worried about the lack of goals and creativity in the team. As much as I rate the defence, we are ****** anytime we concede a goal and even yesterday showed when we aren't behind we've got very few ideas and options up front.

We need to work more on building attacks from the back.