Pollok Vs Thistle

northernsoul

Sweet, train station near the ground?

And can you really take in a wee carry out to the juniors?

I'm not sure at Pollok as I suspect the social club will be open throughout the game. At their centenary game we retired to the club a couple of minutes before the final whistle to beat the queue. Couldn't figure out why the bar was relatively quiet till we found out we had miscalculated the score and the game had gone into extra time. :D

I'm not sure at Pollok as I suspect the social club will be open throughout the game. At their centenary game we retired to the club a couple of minutes before the final whistle to beat the queue. Couldn't figure out why the bar was relatively quiet till we found out we had miscalculated the score and the game had gone into extra time. :D

If you can get a pint from the social club and enjoy it on the terraces all the better!

Sunday April 24th (Easter Sunday)

We provide the opposition for Pollock's Steve Aitchison Testimimonial match. Steve Aitchison is a Jag himself.

INFO HERE

Perfect way of ticking off Newlandsfield on the ground list.

Excellent Colm been waiting for a chance to go Newlandsfield for ages so well up for this.

Take it big Davie will be there also ! How is he ? haven't seen him in a while !

Possible chance of an away win to boot lol !!

It really is a tremendous ground. I've seen some terrific games there. Last time I was there for the game against Largs Thistle the Largs assistant manager was ordered away from the dugout. 5 minutues later he was standing behind us in the shed! Only at the Juniors!

Not only at the juniors. Davie Irons got sent off at Easter Road and joined the Jags fans to watch the rest of the game.

I remember watching a Pollok v Arhturlie grudge match a few years ago. For reasons I still don't understand, some Arthurlie fans, tanked up but non-agressive on their Buckie carryouts, had brought pantomime animal outfits with them. When half-time came, they jumped out of the shed and the crowd watched a horse and a coo with impossibly huge udders, racing the full length of the pitch, only to end up in an interspecies wrestling match on the far touchline.

Where else can you see half-time entertainment like that, eh?

• 1 month later...

Ended up at the Pollok game yesterday. Not a classic, they went down 2-1 to Cumnock. However, a great experience as usual. Took a few cans in with us. Didn't see anyone else drinking to be fair but there were no problems. Had a few in the social club afterwards as well.

Just to confirm the kick off time for Stevie's Testimonial game is 3pm, the two lesser teams in Glasgow decided that they wanted to play the same day and asked us to change from our original start time of 2pm as they felt a clash with our game may decimate their crowd.

It would be great if you could do something on air, Stevie is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet (although I am sure that there are many forwards who would argue that is not the case on the Park) and a model Professional deserving everything that he gets in his testimonial year.

Look forward to seeing you all at Newlandsfield.