County Vs Thistle

AlbaJag

Nah. Love following Thistle, like trips to Dingwall, and am happy to give some cash to Ross County.

BUT:

Defeat after defeat, or at least failure to win after failure to win over the last few seasons under McCall has really cut my appetite for spending a lot of money on going to see Thistle away from home. That combined with a lot of work that I can make up tomorrow has made my mind up, so I'll be following this one on the internet only. And if we don't win, probably the next away match too.

Fickle, me?

Yes.

Nah. Love following Thistle, like trips to Dingwall, and am happy to give some cash to Ross County.

BUT:

Defeat after defeat, or at least failure to win after failure to win over the last few seasons under McCall has really cut my appetite for spending a lot of money on going to see Thistle away from home. That combined with a lot of work that I can make up tomorrow has made my mind up, so I'll be following this one on the internet only. And if we don't win, probably the next away match too.

Fickle, me?

Yes.

Exactly what he says. There is no enjoyment this season ( match wise ) in watching the Jags away. And with nowt to play for ? Good luck to the hardy souls who make the trip north. But like the man says internet coverage, work, skysports, bit more work and the odd beer thrown in, in the comfort of your home is so much more appealing than emptying my wallet to watch the pish we have served up this season away!

Long may it not continue !

Well done to any Jags fan going tomorrow. I would consider them to be the real hardcore fans. I can't wait till this season is over as I can't remember a more frustrating and dull season as this in my 35 odd years of following home and away. Hope it's a good game with the right result but I'm not exactly filled with optimism.

Well done to any Jags fan going tomorrow. I would consider them to be the real hardcore fans. I can't wait till this season is over as I can't remember a more frustrating and dull season as this in my 35 odd years of following home and away. Hope it's a good game with the right result but I'm not exactly filled with optimism.

I also salute everyone prepared to shell out a fortune in cash, time and energy to go to this one. I'm afraid I'm just too exhausted right now to even think about it. I used to go to a good share of away games but have pretty much stopped going away altogether these days. Going to Dingwall can easily add up to a one hundred pound day, and you'll spend most of that day travelling through potentially unpleasant road conditions.

I was horrified to read that even supporters buses are having to charge up to £28 for a seat to this game. I'm sure its still the best and cheapest way to get to the game, but how many people can afford that sort of cost right now?

Perhaps the Kessock Bridge, or even the Tay Bridge, are becoming bridges too far. Surely some sort of Regionalisation of the SFL is becoming inevitable?

I also salute everyone prepared to shell out a fortune in cash, time and energy to go to this one. I'm afraid I'm just too exhausted right now to even think about it. I used to go to a good share of away games but have pretty much stopped going away altogether these days. Going to Dingwall can easily add up to a one hundred pound day, and you'll spend most of that day travelling through potentially unpleasant road conditions.

I was horrified to read that even supporters buses are having to charge up to £28 for a seat to this game. I'm sure its still the best and cheapest way to get to the game, but how many people can afford that sort of cost right now?

Perhaps the Kessock Bridge, or even the Tay Bridge, are becoming bridges too far. Surely some sort of Regionalisation of the SFL is becoming inevitable?

God forbid. Can you imagine if all we got to play against were other central belt teams? I think I'd slit my wrists.

Would love to be going up - my favourite away trip :D

But picking up my wife and two new baby daughters from hospital to bring them home wins hands down :thumbsup2:

this shows all that is wrong with scottish football - why are they allowing people to be discharged from hospital on a saturday? dont they realise its still matchday? - hopefully things like that will change in a reshaped merger between spl and sfl!!

many congrats!! :thumbsup2:

Left it too late to get cheap train tickets and everyone was muttering and stuttering with various excuses. I’ve ended up volunteering to do a bit of overtime. Funnily enough my bum hit my seat in the office at 8.42am and the first thing I said was “I should really be sparking a tinny pulling out of Queen Street right now!”.

I love trips to Dingwall and with a bit of forward planning train wise it’s actually one of the cheaper away days because apart from a few post match pints in the Viking you really just spend the day on the train having a carry on with a carry out.

Would love to be going up - my favourite away trip :D

But picking up my wife and two new baby daughters from hospital to bring them home wins hands down :thumbsup2:

Congrats. I trust mother and daughters are all in fine fettle. :thumbsup2:

I love trips to Dingwall and with a bit of forward planning train wise it’s actually one of the cheaper away days because apart from a few post match pints in the Viking you really just spend the day on the train having a carry on with a carry out.

Yip, forward planning is to be strongly advised. Even Jaggy could have checked his missus into Raigmore maternity in Inverness. But that's hindsight for you :(

Left it too late to get cheap train tickets and everyone was muttering and stuttering with various excuses. I’ve ended up volunteering to do a bit of overtime. Funnily enough my bum hit my seat in the office at 8.42am and the first thing I said was “I should really be sparking a tinny pulling out of Queen Street right now!”.

Sitting here in the office, nice and sunny outside, and now I feel that I should be heading towards Dingwall to support the team. Not pleased with myself.

But then again, haven't been much pleased with the team for too long either. If they start producing the goods, I'll hit the road to follow them again.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Surely with the exception of season 2008-2009 and to an extent season 2007-2008 every season has been as frustrasting as this since 2003 :o