Metz Vs Thistle *highlights*

northernsoul

my favourite game of all time, great experience.

I was there too. Unforgettable. One of the highlights of my Jags fan existence, not least the march through Metz after the game. I remember going for a few beers in some square, beside the hotel, going back to my room and turning on the tv, to see the full Jags game being broadcast! That doesn't happen every day!

Was it not Tom Smith that hit the post? If that had gone in it would have been one of THE great Thistle goals, as it was a great shot following a great interchange of passes. How could they not include that in highlights? Shameful. Despite them being a classier team, we did have chances. I remember a first half Roddy Grant shot from distance that only just missed. Ok, we lost, but we played our part.

Edited by beep0608

Shame that the camera never focused on the great Jags support.

I´m the responsible for the video upload and I can assure you, after watching the full game, that there is not a single shot of the Jags support. In some throw-ins, you can vaguely see the stand where they are standing but not a decent shot of them.

Although I´ll be the first to say sorry for not including the post incident, the 10-minute limitation on the video didn´t help anyway.

A great document of the Thistle history nonetheless and one that has been hard to find for me.

Edited by Spanish Jag

I´m the responsible for the video upload and I can assure you, after watching the full game, that there is not a single shot of the Jags support. In some throw-ins, you can vaguely see the stand where they are standing but not a decent shot of them.

Although I´ll be the first to say sorry for not including the post incident, the 10-minute limitation on the video didn´t help anyway.

A great document of the Thistle history nonetheless and one that has been hard to find for me.

I remember getting back to Strasbourg after the match and watching the entire match on tv. As he Thistle support had been so great I was hoping for some shots, but they never came. The commentators, however, did comment on the amount of noise we were making.

Many thanks for the upload. Good quality, too.

Totally and utterly my best Thistle weekend EVER! Coaches breaking down on route. packed in like sardines. Main square covered in red and yellow flags from the hotel windows, march TO and FROM the square. Great game but well beaten by a team Lambie states he could win the Scottish League with. Meeting Nicky Walker and a few others on the pub crawl after. AND being "bing-bonged" on the ferry trip home to phone home cause I did not call the missus at anytime the whole weekend. Needless to say we are no longer together. FOREVER AND EVER..............

Thanks for the upload, I did see a bit of it in the hotel room after many beers, but don't remember much of the game apart from McWilliams shot. There are a few brief glimpses of our support & it doesn't look a lot, but it seemed like plenty of us at the time!! One of the best Jag's experiences ever thats for sure

I remember getting back to Strasbourg after the match and watching the entire match on tv. As he Thistle support had been so great I was hoping for some shots, but they never came. The commentators, however, did comment on the amount of noise we were making.

Many thanks for the upload. Good quality, too.

What a night! I took a train to Luxembourg not long after the game and saw more or less the whole game on a TV sports programme. As the two reporters talked about the game one mentioned the great support from the fans of "Parteeck Heessel". He was corrected by the other "Parteeck Seessel"

If only that MacWilliams shot had gone in.

is it just me being nostalgic or was that not a cracking team. when i think about a midfield consisting of craig taylor charnley mcwilliams etc. fozzie roddy up front. early to mid 90s we were excellent our team then would annihilate most SPL teams now!!

You drinking already?

:D

Compared to what we've had since then, though, great team.

Definitely McWilliams, although, considering I couldn't remember what colour Metz were wearing perhaps I'm not the best one to be commenting! :P

Ok, you're probably right. Did he play a one-two with TS perhaps? I'd love to see that again.

By ra way, and off at a tangent, did he miss the final penalty in the shoot out against Airdrie at Broadwood? I thought it had gone in, as it bounced down off the bar, but nothing was made of it. Anybody ever seen a replay of that?

Out of interest Spanish Jag where have you got all your footage from? Some real crackers in there, even the ones not involving Thistle.

Many thanks for the taking the time and effort to upload it all :thumbsup2:

For years I´ve been "grasping" Scottish football footage from all corners of the world, dealers, fellow collectors,... I didn´t reject anything, it doesn´t matter whether it was Aberdeen or East Stirling. As a result, I have hundreds of hours covering all kind of games, even if I have Champions League or World Cups as well, Scottish football footage has always been my biggest aim and that´s where I put most of the effort.

Not forgetting Scotland national team. I must be nearing the 100-match mark on full games involving the senior, B team, under-21 and under-19 sides.

Any other footage available from the other games in the Intertoto Cup?

If not, any other classic Thistle matches?

92-93 Partick Thistle 3-0 Rangers

95-96 Play-off Dundee Utd. 2-1 Partick Thistle

87-88 SC Q-F Partick T. 0-3 Celtic 17 mins.

05-06 SC 4th R.rep. Partick Thistle 1-1 Inverness Caley.

05-06 Q-F Hearts 2-1 Partick Thistle

71-72 SLC final Partick Thistle 4-1 Celtic 17 mins.

PARTICK THISTLE SECOND DIVISION CHAMPIONS 2000-01

PARTICK THISTLE FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS 2001-02

Sorry for including the Tannadice game on the classic section. It should really go in the "Classic Disasters".