The Old Firm

angry gaz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this on FB

FTOF theyre a cancerous growth on the bawsack of glasgow

I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with these ******s tonight, the police, emergency services, hospitals, train/bus workers, any poor ******* in the wrong place wrong time, and above all the poor spouses who will get a beating cos their team lost/won

Its a fitba game ya fukn ******s

Surprisingly, nothing in McLeish's report into Scottish football about how TV desparately want four OF games a season, and how these games often result in violence, police intervention and newspaper reports the following day with very little about actual 'football'. Both clubs should be ashamed.

The game in this country is geared around these two, and is fcuked for as long as this continues to be tha case.

I posted this on FB

FTOF theyre a cancerous growth on the bawsack of glasgow

I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with these ******s tonight, the police, emergency services, hospitals, train/bus workers, any poor ******* in the wrong place wrong time, and above all the poor spouses who will get a beating cos their team lost/won

Its a fitba game ya fukn ******s

I agree 100% one of the reasons im glad I am not a old firm fan!!!

OTIG MOAN THE JAGS!!

Watched the game tonight and that's the reason Scottish football (and probably Scotland) will never progress.I hope Lennon and McCoist will be proud of themselves when someone gets stabbed tonight.

All i can think of it was summit to do with the run in wee ginger pubes had with diouf

That was great entertainment. I can see why people hate old firm games, and it was a poor game of football, but for controversy and talking points it was second to none. I wish the Old Firm played more often, but then again my job doesn't mean I'll have any sort of contact with the unpleasantries the game brings.

How can they expect the fans to behave when the ones who are supposed to act with dignity and represent their clubs are behaving like neds. Scotland's shame the pair of them.

I suppose it all makes for "good" television, which we're told is just about the be all and end all for senior football in Scotland. Should we all rejoice?

Was listening to the Kaye Adams show this morning on bbc radio scotland today and it was all about the Old firm violence, think one of the top cop was on saying (Les Gray i think) that everytime there is Violence on the park the streets Become more violent after the old firm game, lets not forget the huge increase in domestic violence too.

I heard that the rangers fans when in lisbon they were singing about Tommy burns dieing, i though it couldnt get any worse so had a we look though youtube to see it could see it but on there came across another video it was Celtic fans on a supporters bus singing about the Ibrox disaster and Davie Cooper dieing

These's People really are sick

Scotlands Shame

I heard a Celtic fan on radio saying thats the difference having a referee with integrity makes. They are totally deluded. The ref made mistakes he admitted but said they were honest mistakes, ie mistakes sometimes in Celtics favour!

I agree totally with the comments above. The SFA must take action by docking them points at least. Lennon and McCoist should have long touchline bans too.

Any chance of the ugly sisters joining the EPL or Championship disappeared last night. They might have had a slim chance if Cardiff and/or Swansea are promoted to the EPL this season.

Same old, same old the reports could have applied to any OP game in history. It is noticeable that no mention whatever is made of the continuous sectarian bile that waffed off the crowd, and it has to be said that as usual the h*ns support were by far the worst offenders, although the Celtic mob are hardly innocents. There's not really much point in discussing Diouf or his running to the crowd antics, it's fairly clear he was bought with one eye on appeasement of the mindless element at Ibrox, and its hardly the shock of the year that he got sent off and played up to the gallery, the man is simply scum, of the highest order. As for the managers and coaches, quite simply their behaviour is unacceptable. It all goes to show how much society in this neck of the woods, still has to change.As for reform of the SPL, don't make me laugh ask one of the women who were doubtless assaulted as a result of last night, for her opinions Mr McCleish!

There's not a single post in this thread I don't agree with.

Neil Lennon and McCoist are an absolute embarassment to Scottish Football. I dread to think how much worse these incidents are going to be when McCoist is in charge next season. At least Walter Smith can act with dignity and refuses to be dragged down to the level of loathsome Lennon.

What really depresses me though, is the people in my work who I've always found to be decent, refusing to admit that the Old Firm are Scotland's shame. You have the Celtic fans defending Lennon by dismissing his thuggish behavior as "passion" and the Rangers fans insist that you cannot blame their staff for reacting to the behavior of Lennon. There really is no reasoning with these people. I will console myself with the fact I have more knowledge of football than the entire Old Firm contingent in my office combined.

On another note, Neil Lennon has over taken the likes of Stillian Petrov, Nacho Novo, Kevin Muscat and Kris Boyd and is now my most hated Old Firm figure in recent years. He's a disgusting man with no respect for anyone outside of his club and he behaves disgracefully in the dug out every other week. His persistant bullying of the referees is starting to pay off now as well which makes him even more sickening. No stranger to playing the "racism card" either.

**** the Old Firm. Two cheeks of the same ugly arse.

Edited by Tom Stronach

I quite enjoyed the game last night... :blush:

McCoist and Lennon are most probably going to be punished for their altercation but I can't see how McCoist's behaviour is any worse than someone like Scott Brown who spends the majority of games trying to antagonise the opposition. True, he is in a position of greater responsibility, and his actions were definitely ill-advised, but is it any worse than some of the other exchanges that occur on football pitches across the country every week?

All this talk about "hoping McCoist and Lennon are proud of themselves when someone gets stabbed" is nonsense. Both clubs may be equally detestable but I don't agree that they have any obligation to uphold some sort of moral stance. People make their own decisions and these are influenced by many factors; blaming a game for someone's actions doesn't wash.

Although it is an infuriating phrase when it is directed at you, it is true; football is a game. If I lost a game of checkers and subsequently went out and killed someone, I doubt people would be queueing up to blame checkers for my actions or portioning some of the blame at the door of my opponent who made a decidedly dodgy move. I'm not ignoring the link between Old Firm games and increased violence but it is a cop-out for a more deep rooted problem in Scotland.

Unfortunately, it seems Scotland has a greater proportion of mindless degenerates, most of whom follow the Old Firm, who think it acceptable to stick a blade in someone to resolve a difference. It's a problem with the country and its whole culture. The Policeman who called for the Old Firm to be banned is simply trying to cover up the fact that Scotland is shitehole, riddled with immoral morons.