Just In (Okay Heading Home)

Tom Hosie

That was an absolutely superb result, I didnt see that result coming. Pinch me I must be dreaming, we scored a goal from a corner and Paddy Boyle scored! What was he doing in the opposition box so late in the game? :lol: But seriously Boyle must be a contender for player of the season, his improvement this season has been incredible, he deserves an improved contract, surely we can give him it?

We have now shot up to 4th place, and we have a positive goal difference for the first time this season, its been a great day all round. I feel now we shouldnt have to worry about the playoffs, we have finally got an away win for the first time in months and we have a really good home record. So providing we keep that up we have a good chance of finishing 4th – 5 of our last 7 matches are at Firhill. Things are looking good, thats now 1 defeat in our last 12 league games, lets keep it going Jags! :thumbsup2::fan:

By the way who was it who put a bet on us to win 1-0? I just wondered how they felt when they seen we had gone 2-0 up in the last minute? You must have felt delight that we had secured the win but also really annoyed that Thistle had ruined your bet! :D

Great stuff Jags, hope we can add to Pressley's misery on Tues...

:thinking: looks like we'll be up against it in a big way. Lifted from an online publication The Away End

Not a bad day. A bad result, not a bad day, far from it.

Really good performance, a game we absolutely dominated, we lost the game on two critical moments.

That aside our performance was excellent; we passed the ball, we played with purpose, we created opportunities, we were on the front foot, all the things that we preach and work towards in training every single day was evident in our performance.

As George Harrison once wrote "Now I'm stepping out this old brown shoe, baby, I'm in love with you.

I'm so glad you came here, it won't be the same now, I'm telling you."

:thinking: looks like we'll be up against it in a big way. Lifted from an online publication The Away End

As George Harrison once wrote "Now I'm stepping out this old brown shoe, baby, I'm in love with you.

I'm so glad you came here, it won't be the same now, I'm telling you."

The incomparable GH himself:

Really wish I had made it to this, sounds like it was a cracker.

So is the title push back on?

If we win on Tuesday and Raith lose to Cowden, then you never know.

Just makes you wonder where we sould have been if we had another striker. I really believe if we can keep the current squad together and add 3 players, we'll go up next season.

Just makes you wonder where we sould have been if we had another striker. I really believe if we can keep the current squad together and add 3 players, we'll go up next season.

I think you could say that about most teams in the league.

How many extra players we need depends on how well our youngsters turn out. Shaun Fraser is going to get more game time from now on and I think he could start against cowdenbeath.

Superb performance. We dominated the match from start to finish. Raith were awful.

It was refreshing to see us take the game to the home team away from home for once. McNeil had a couple of good saves from Erskine and Doolan, it could have been more. That said, at 1v0 up Fox made a fantastic save from Raith's only shot at goal? I can't remember any others.

Everyone played their part, and after some doubts about him I though McGowan had a good game in the centre of midfield. He got stuck in and held the ball well. Maybe he just needed a run to see the best of him.

It's about the time the fans got a good performance and three points away from home.

Agree thought McGowan alongside rowser in the middle park was excellent today, he showed what he can be capable of.

It was good to see us closing the opposition down further up the park, with Greehan, Doolan and Erskine chasing the ball down all over the park.

A good solid performanc all round, no failures in the team this is what we can do and must week in week out

You were spot on about Halliwell as well Grant if we had fox in instead of him we would be in the top 3 surely as well as a cup final

Another fact from yesterday's game for the stattos.

Doolan's goal against Raith means he is the best striker in the league based on minutes per goal*. Doolan scores a goal on average every 170minutes in division 1, very impressive considering we never bloody shoot. :lol: 2nd is Clarke of Dunfermline (175mins), 3rd is Stewart of Falkirk (177mins), 4th is Higgins of Dundee (178mins) and 5th is Lyle of Morton (182mins). If only he was our main striker from the start of the season instead of Buchanan.

*based on players who have played 10 or more games otherwise Shaun Fraser's 1 goal every half hour would be up there. :thumbsup2: