Just In (Okay Heading Home)

Tom Hosie

That was as good a First Division performance as you are likely to see.

Out played Raith from start to finish. Worried that we hadn't taken a lead by half-time but wlthough Raith were marginally more of a threat second half (one shot as opposed to none) the second half was much the same as the first with a couple of Thistle goals.

Very proud of this group of players today. The fought and battled for everything but also produced some excellent football.

Well despite my doom and gloom about the weather and despite it being very cold and damp, that was a stormer of a game which we well deserved to win.

We had long spells of pressure in the first half that brought no reward and the small away support were probably all thinking that we'd get turned over in the second half, but only a few minutes after the restart, Doolan was left unmmarked to head through the keeper's legs.

The second goal was a great move between Erskine and Boyle with Paddy cracking it home at the near post after surging into the box.

We played some nice stuff with both Doolan and Grehan putting themselves about, Erskine all over the place in midfield and having one of his best games and the back three steady all the way through.

What a fantastic performance that was today - solid from back to front and battled for everything. Could have been a rout, with Fox only having one save to make, albeit a very good save. Some of the football we played in difficult conditions was also impressive.

Doolan is an excellent forward with great movement, touch, finishing, and vision. Erskine had one of his good games today, Grehan done a lot of work, and both Paddy and Paton were up and down the line constantly.

We need all Thistle fans (certainly those that can afford the cost of football at least) to start getting back out to the games. I don't buy this stuff that the team is boring, not playing well etc etc. We had a terrible start to the season but have lost only one game since November, and even that was to a dodgy pen. We are playing some nice stuff and the players are working for the cause.

A happy Saturday!

Absolutely great performance today. I get the feeling things are beginning to click again on the field. Back to front there wasn't a slack performer on the Thistle team today. Fox had very little to do except one righteous save. Archie had Tade in his back pocket, Jackie Mac kept it simple and right, Robbo was as dependable as ever. Boyle and Paton flew up and down the wings to great goalscoring and corner delivering effect. McGeogh and Erskine showed loads of skill and controlled the midfield with Rowser as the enforcer. Upfront Grehan won everything in the air and probably deserved a goal for his work. Doolan......what can you say. Probably could have bagged a hat-trick, but scored a header (!) from a corner (!!). What a great win to start off the League winning charge. There's 33 points still to be won. Let's go out and get the lot, and show the SPL what a real team looks like. (2,065 there today for a team at the top of the League. As we sang 'SPL? you're having a laff'.

Enjoy yer Saturday nights!

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

That was as good, if not better, a performance I've seen from the team away from home since we lost at Dens at the beginning of last season.

The entire team were excellent, won every ball and passed it about well. Doolan and Grehan gave their centre halfs a torrid time and all the long balls to Tade were cleared by Robertson and Archie with McNamara sweeping up any loose balls. Boyle and Paton were excellent at wing back and I was knackered just watching them, Paton's performance can be summed up by helping breaking up a Raith move at the back before being in the box for a cross which just missed his head after a slight flick from a Raith defender. Raith were made to look a very average team today, Rowson, McGowan and Erskine dominated the midfield and gave them no time whatsoever on the ball.

What a fantastic performance that was today - solid from back to front and battled for everything. Could have been a rout, with Fox only having one save to make, albeit a very good save. Some of the football we played in difficult conditions was also impressive.

Doolan is an excellent forward with great movement, touch, finishing, and vision. Erskine had one of his good games today, Grehan done a lot of work, and both Paddy and Paton were up and down the line constantly.

We need all Thistle fans (certainly those that can afford the cost of football at least) to start getting back out to the games. I don't buy this stuff that the team is boring, not playing well etc etc. We had a terrible start to the season but have lost only one game since November, and even that was to a dodgy pen. We are playing some nice stuff and the players are working for the cause.

A happy Saturday!

That's a good rallying call!

Absolutely great performance today. I get the feeling things are beginning to click again on the field. Back to front there wasn't a slack performer on the Thistle team today. Fox had very little to do except one righteous save. Archie had Tade in his back pocket, Jackie Mac kept it simple and right, Robbo was as dependable as ever. Boyle and Paton flew up and down the wings to great goalscoring and corner delivering effect. McGeogh and Erskine showed loads of skill and controlled the midfield with Rowser as the enforcer. Upfront Grehan won everything in the air and probably deserved a goal for his work. Doolan......what can you say. Probably could have bagged a hat-trick, but scored a header (!) from a corner (!!). What a great win to start off the League winning charge. There's 33 points still to be won. Let's go out and get the lot, and show the SPL what a real team looks like. (2,065 there today for a team at the top of the League. As we sang 'SPL? you're having a laff'.

Enjoy yer Saturday nights!

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

What a shame we got off to such a rotten start in the league.

Fantastic result. I guess I'm one of the many that regret not going today. I was shocked that the game was on given the amount of snow that fell in the east.

I think we are only 2 or 3 players short of having a decent side that could compete for the league next season. I really hope we can get the likes of Paton and Boyle signed up for the next few seasons.

Great stuff Jags, hope we can add to Pressley's misery on Tues...

Im in a great mood after the game today. Every player was excellent. Erskine looked back to his normal self. Finally mccall put mcgowan in his proper position, in centre midfield. There have not been many times in the past couple of seasons where we outfought the opponents midfield, but that is what we did today. They only had one chance, which fox made a great save from. The back three kept baird and tade really quiet. Bring on falkirk!

Great result , made the trip worthwhile even though I was coughing my guts up :))

Thought everyone played well and McCall had devised a tactic to nulify Tade and Baird that worked perfectly.

Perticulary impressed with Paton and Boyle who were up and down both wings all day and Boyles run into the box in the last minute was fantastic.

Couldve had 3 or 4 more but really pleased with that today :D

Nothing much to add that hasn't already been said. I thought that the fact we made no substitutions (in 90mins anyway) and I didn't think any were ever necessary shows how fit and up for it the 11 guys were today. The pitch remained unchopped up but it must have been a tiring surface. Special mention then for Jackie McNamara who I didn't believe had more than 45 mins in him these days.

tremendous result but we should be beating raith rovers home or away on our day. i was working 8-4 today so very happy i heard on the radio ' a goal for thistle in kirkcaldy' just as i was leaving work, i was singing jags songs in the motor on the way home!

bloody great last 2 results! rednyelarmy

BRILLIANT. Thank you lads, management & players for serving up an absolute treat this afternoon. We absolutely demolished them today in every area of the park. The commitment, energy, skill and belief on show today was a joy to behold. Remember today and take it into every game we play this season and next, then I truly believe we have a very bright future ahead.

Really enjoyed that today. Great performance from the entire team. Every one of them was excellent. What a difference to play on a flat, grassy pitch!

Amazed in the 1st half when Paton went outside his man before whipping a cross in. Think that's the first time I've seen him do that all season. Then lo and behold in the 2nd half he beat not one, but 2 defenders before digging out a great cross from the by line. Just shows he can do it! He and Boyle were a real danger playing as wing backs.