Just In

chunky jag

A winning team attracts bigger crowds - more gate and catering income.

What I found worrying from Saturday was that on the back of a great performance and result the previous week and having been in good form generally only just over 1,600 Thistle fans were at the game. People say that they want sensible budgets that the Board will stick to and at the same time want us to sign better quality players, with our crowds being about 500 down on last season how that is achieved I certainly don't know.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitch is a shocker, we cant play on that, the team showed what they can do on grass up at Kirkcaldy.

We didnt play well yesterday but still had the bulk of the play.

Yes Grehan didnt play well biut for the last 5 games he has.

Jackie Mac in the first half was our best player imo.

I wanst happy with the cgange that left us one up front with 2 wide playing right on top of 2 wing backs, totally feckin senceless and that lies at the feet of the manager.

we should have went 4-4-2 earlier than we did.

For me the manager is a dud.

A winning team attracts bigger crowds - more gate and catering income.

Yip, I think I could've worked that one out. Now tell me why releasing Buchanan is false economy. Are you seriously suggesting in the few months remaining of his contract the net profit from the Club's turnover would exceed the gross cost of employing Buchanan?

I'm not sure where to start with the re-writing of history regarding Buchanan. Don't get me wrong, I think he was (emphasis on the past tense) a good player for us, but for the last season we've been stuck with a high wage earner who was a striker that didn't score goals. Okay, he may now be scoring for Dunfermline, but he certainly wasn't doing the business for us and I don't think there was any indication that he was going to come good for us anytime soon. I'd have preferred to have him stay as an option, but if he was the difference between getting Doolan and Fox on 2 1/2 year contracts then so long, Liam and thanks for the goals. Just my opinion, mind, no facts... :thinking:

Back to the match and one of the most disappointing facts was that despite playing the same team that performed so well at Raith we flopped in every outfield position. Against Raith every player impressed and tho' Chris Erskine was singled out as our MotM you could make a strong case for any of the other players.

This Saturday, made worse as we were playing a team who'd had a tough midweek game and have lost a good few players thru injury, we were as the OP says abysmal. That goes for all ten outfield players who started.

It would be convenient to blame the pitch, which unlike the team selection, was chalk and cheese with the condition of Starks, but evidently the last time we really played poorly was on a very good surface at Cappielow. So I suppose we'll just have to put this reversal down to another episode in the Wonders of Jaggydom.When did we first get tagged the Great Unpredictables? 1950s? :unsure:

Felt sorry for the person landed with the task of picking the MotM. If it was me I'd have chosen Shaun Fraser then snatched the champagne back from him as he's underage. :D

Felt sorry for the person landed with the task of picking the MotM. If it was me I'd have chosen Shaun Fraser then snatched the champagne back from him as he's underage. :D

he won it in the half-time draw in hospitality. He had the choice of a Jags Tie or picking man of the match. I guess he picked that wrong as well!!! :P

Pitch is a shocker, we cant play on that, the team showed what they can do on grass up at Kirkcaldy.

We didnt play well yesterday but still had the bulk of the play.

Yes Grehan didnt play well biut for the last 5 games he has.

Jackie Mac in the first half was our best player imo.

I wanst happy with the cgange that left us one up front with 2 wide playing right on top of 2 wing backs, totally feckin senceless and that lies at the feet of the manager.

we should have went 4-4-2 earlier than we did.

For me the manager is a dud.

The whole team should be classified as that surely on saturday in addition to the Manager, quite clearly the biggest dud (out of much competition) would have been John Robertson, though he tends to get much less criticism by people than others such as Grehan or Boyle(last season)

The whole team should be classified as that surely on saturday in addition to the Manager, quite clearly the biggest dud (out of much competition) would have been John Robertson, though he tends to get much less criticism by people than others such as Grehan or Boyle(last season)

I said right after the goal that Robertson should have been taken off immediately for his pathetic efforts in giving the goal away, especially after doing the same in the 1st half when Fox saved his skin.