Weatherson At Morton

macca

Wondered as Weatherson doesn`t seem to be flavour of the month at Morton at the moment if they would be interested in a swap for Grehan.Moore was clearly a fan of Grehan when he had him at Stirling and we supposedly tried to sign Weatherson,do you think this is something we could persue?Thoughts

Wondered as Weatherson doesn`t seem to be flavour of the month at Morton at the moment if they would be interested in a swap for Grehan.Moore was clearly a fan of Grehan when he had him at Stirling and we supposedly tried to sign Weatherson,do you think this is something we could persue?Thoughts

Weatherston one of if not the highest earner at crappilow, unlikely unless he gets a free.

Grehan continues to look as if he'll never score.

And yet he has been working hard, knocking balls down to others, holding up well when required. I'd be tempted to hold on to him for a while yet. Maybe Shaun Fraser will come good precociously, but if not then we definitely do need somebody else who is able to put the ball in the net more than just every once in a blue moon.

If Dunfermline get promoted they may not keep Hardie on in which case I would hope we could get him.

The Pars also have that forward who seems to only get used as a substitute or not at all cos they already have that many strikers. If he aint getting a game in the first divison for them then unlikely to get much of a game for them in the SPL yet he has still proven he can score goals for them. I think worth taking a chance on him, apparently he is called Pat something ;):D

If Dunfermline get promoted they may not keep Hardie on in which case I would hope we could get him.

The Pars also have that forward who seems to only get used as a substitute or not at all cos they already have that many strikers. If he aint getting a game in the first divison for them then unlikely to get much of a game for them in the SPL yet he has still proven he can score goals for them. I think worth taking a chance on him, apparently he is called Pat something ;):D

There's a wee fella down at Berwick that might be worth a look at.

Came off the bench and scored last night :thumbsup2:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Weatherson would have been a good signing 3-4 years ago, but anytime I've seen him recently he's looked overweight and unfit. No thanks.

Agreed. When we first tried to sign him (under Collins or Gerry/Whyte), he would have been a great signing but I suspect his best years are probably behind him now and I would rather see us investing in someone who we'll be able to get a season or two out of then move on for a profit.

I think we could do a lot worse than the boy who played up front and scored for Cowdenbeath recently, Greg Stewart. Only just turned 21, decent build, can finish, used to be on Rangers and Hearts' books and, as far as I know, is out of contract at the end of the season. I was impressed by him at Firhill.

Edited by Armand2

I too would have been all in favour of signing Weatherson a while back. What I particularly liked was he was also no mug as a defender, which would have been useful as we could have had an extra midfielder or attacker on the bench. That of course would be dependent on Weatherson being able to put in 90 min shifts, something that he's not been doing at Cappielow this season.

Signing him now might be too much of a gamble. bit like when we signed Paddy Keough a couple of seasons too late.

I too would have been all in favour of signing Weatherson a while back. What I particularly liked was he was also no mug as a defender, which would have been useful as we could have had an extra midfielder or attacker on the bench. That of course would be dependent on Weatherson being able to put in 90 min shifts, something that he's not been doing at Cappielow this season.

Signing him now might be too much of a gamble. bit like when we signed Paddy Keough a couple of seasons too late.

Jorge Cadette springs to mind too.

Agreed. When we first tried to sign him (under Collins or Gerry/Whyte), he would have been a great signing but I suspect his best years are probably behind him now and I would rather see us investing in someone who we'll be able to get a season or two out of then move on for a profit.

I think we could do a lot worse than the boy who played up front and scored for Cowdenbeath recently, Greg Stewart. Only just turned 21, decent build, can finish, used to be on Rangers and Hearts' books and, as far as I know, is out of contract at the end of the season. I was impressed by him at Firhill.

This.

I think we dodged a bullet by not getting Wetherston. He's done hee haw at Morton since signing his new contract.

He'd also have been on money we couldn't afford now. Totally agree about signing the Cowdenbeath guy. Much cheaper and a better chance of him doing the business.

Weatherson would have been a good signing 3-4 years ago, but anytime I've seen him recently he's looked overweight and unfit. No thanks.

Agreed

Or Could we just support the guy, give him a chance and get off his back? Or is that just to crazy a suggestion?

Why would we replace a striker who is not scoring but linking well with Doolan with a older lazy non scoring (this season at least) striker? Grehan's played half a season and scored 2 goals, Weatherson has played most of the season as Morton's main striker and scored 5 goals.

Or Could we just support the guy, give him a chance and get off his back? Or is that just to crazy a suggestion?

Why would we replace a striker who is not scoring but linking well with Doolan with a older lazy non scoring (this season at least) striker? Grehan's played half a season and scored 2 goals, Weatherson has played most of the season as Morton's main striker and scored 5 goals.

I`ve always been impressed with Weatherson over the years whether he`s been playing in defence or attack

for Morton and think he could be the big striker were looking for.As for Grehan i`ve only seen him play two half decent games since he has signed and much as i would love to be proved wrong and will give him my support when in a Jags jersey ,Unfortunately i don`t think he`s got it.

I think Weatherson would still make a good signing. He is only 30/31 and has been at Morton for a while now and maybe a change of club would do him good.

This will not happen; I think the only signings you will see for next year are loans and players prepared to take a low full-time wage.