Team Bonding & Morale

Fawlty Towers

Interesting (and funny) piece in todays Sunday Mail (page 80) about team bonding exercises at Firhill. I won't spoil it for you but it does seem to indicate that there is a great spirit within the squad, especially the younger lads, and that is vital when you are carrying a small squad as we will be doing next season.

Interesting (and funny) piece in todays Sunday Mail (page 80) about team bonding exercises at Firhill. I won't spoil it for you but it does seem to indicate that there is a great spirit within the squad, especially the younger lads, and that is vital when you are carrying a small squad as we will be doing next season.

Agreed...cracking article and there does seem to be a great team spirit about the place. If only we could get a bit of investment to take us that bit nearer to the SPL

Am I the only one who saw "bondage exercises" at first glance?

:unsure:

I suspect so :)

Anyone who was at Livingston last May to see the young lads win the cup will have witnessed how good team spirit is that the youngsters have. In no small way will that be down to Ian Cameron. As a coach Ian evidently is far more interested in performance than actual results. He doesn't set his team up in a win at all costs mode. Witness the young Livi players (a team that went thru the season almost unbeaten) after that game when a handful got red carded for arguing with the ref while others were just about fighting with themselves and you'll see the opposite to what Cameron's been trying to achieve.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I suspect so :)

Anyone who was at Livingston last May to see the young lads win the cup will have witnessed how good team spirit is that the youngsters have. In no small way will that be down to Ian Cameron. As a coach Ian evidently is far more interested in performance than actual results. He doesn't set his team up in a win at all costs mode. Witness the young Livi players (a team that went thru the season almost unbeaten) after that game when a handful got red carded for arguing with the ref while others were just about fighting with themselves and you'll see the opposite to what Cameron's been trying to achieve.

Two different attitudes perhaps ... IC's is maybe that making sure the young players get to improve individually and as a team, the emphasis being on developing the young players. The other is maybe win the game any way you can the emphasis being on the reputation of the coach by ensuring a winning team.

Not that you don't need to learn to 'win ugly' but that should be learned later. Skills and good playing habits are best learned when young, harder to learn when older.