Rumour

stuthejag

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in total shock when i heard. Last week mccall was saying we still have the makings of a good team. I just get so angry when the club dont tell the fans the truth. Mccall just signed up paton and a few others. Leaving on a friday, the day before a match and with 5 games to go is very strange. It looks like his decision was one that was made in the last day or two. I felt mccall always gave us stability and i am worried about next season. Im sure the fans will support jackie, sid and all the players but there will be critisism of the board.

I was in total shock when i heard. Last week mccall was saying we still have the makings of a good team. I just get so angry when the club dont tell the fans the truth. Mccall just signed up paton and a few others. Leaving on a friday, the day before a match and with 5 games to go is very strange. It looks like his decision was one that was made in the last day or two. I felt mccall always gave us stability and i am worried about next season. Im sure the fans will support jackie, sid and all the players but there will be critisism of the board.

Far too soon to blame the board here. Need to let the dust settle and see if more comes out as to why McCall has opted to leave.

It would appear that Maxy has left in the huff after being passed over in favour of Jaggy. It will be even more difficult to fill the bench tomorrow if Doolan and Erskine are out.

I could understand that, as I think that Maxi has recently been giving interviews to the media and described as "assistant manager". JM is the new buoy (or bhoy) on the block.

It would appear that Maxy has left in the huff after being passed over in favour of Jaggy. It will be even more difficult to fill the bench tomorrow if Doolan and Erskine are out.

hope the new temp management team bring back young Bannigan from ayr

we could do with him with all the injuries we have

Jim (Hero) Delahunt is going to drag Chunky Ian McCall from his West End HOVEL and DEMAND a full, thorough, concise, exhausting, and STIMULATING explanation for what the BLOODY hell he thinks he's playing at. Gerrard Britton and his 50 pence head may have to also make an appearance in order to give the full effect of FEAR and STIMULATION! If Jobby's explanation does not meet Jim Delahunt's unbelievably HIGH standards of JUSTICE, then I will make a cheeky wee phone call to my close, personal, STIMULATING pal who works on the doors of VICCYS, and ENSURE that Chunky Ian McCall NEVER darkens its doors AGAIN! No more VIP section (where all the wee dawls SWOON over yours truly) for him, let me assure you.

I'm just away to phone my big pal, Mark Hateley, to ask if he has any tips of INTERROGATION!

Jim (Hero) Delahunt is going to drag Chunky Ian McCall from his West End HOVEL and DEMAND a full, thorough, concise, exhausting, and STIMULATING explanation for what the BLOODY hell he thinks he's playing at. Gerrard Britton and his 50 pence head may have to also make an appearance in order to give the full effect of FEAR and STIMULATION! If Jobby's explanation does not meet Jim Delahunt's unbelievably HIGH standards of JUSTICE, then I will make a cheeky wee phone call to my close, personal, STIMULATING pal who works on the doors of VICCYS, and ENSURE that Chunky Ian McCall NEVER darkens its doors AGAIN! No more VIP section (where all the wee dawls SWOON over yours truly) for him, let me assure you.

I'm just away to phone my big pal, Mark Hateley, to ask if he has any tips of INTERROGATION!

:lol::lol::lol:

You're a maniac...!

"Personal and professional reasons". Perhaps he was asked to take a pay cut?

To be fair he did this season, I know a few people would be annoyed to have to take one two seasons running.

Perhaps he got fed up with always being told the club is skint while seeing guys like Eddie taking a nice wage for heehaw

It's all just speculation at the moment, but not many people can afford to just pack in their job on a whim. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have a new one lined up. TBH, i think the fact that Maxi is nowhere near the new management team probably backs this up. The team under McCall and Maxi has been performing well recently and certainly Maxi would have been a safe pair of hands for the last five games - we're in no danger of going down now anyway. I think Maxi is off as well.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow, if any of them are spotted at another ground.

Can't see it being for family health reasons as this is possibly the easiest thing to announce - nobody can have anything other than sympathy. Instead, this 'personal and professional reasons' causes more questions than it gives answers.

McCall wanted to go to Dundee just over a year ago - I think he's probably decided that he can't let his career be held hostage to our compensation demands. It's a risk though - his job was pretty safe at PTFC.

Anything past and including falkirk are northern teuchters and edinburugh aswell.Anyone who refers to people from glasgow as weegies n says the word ken is a teuchter.Anything apart from west of scotland/bit of lothian

Let's be honest, if your postcode doesn't start with a 'G' then you're a Tuechter.

It's all just speculation at the moment, but not many people can afford to just pack in their job on a whim. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have a new one lined up. TBH, i think the fact that Maxi is nowhere near the new management team probably backs this up. The team under McCall and Maxi has been performing well recently and certainly Maxi would have been a safe pair of hands for the last five games - we're in no danger of going down now anyway. I think Maxi is off as well.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow, if any of them are spotted at another ground.

Can't see it being for family health reasons as this is possibly the easiest thing to announce - nobody can have anything other than sympathy. Instead, this 'personal and professional reasons' causes more questions than it gives answers.

McCall wanted to go to Dundee just over a year ago - I think he's probably decided that he can't let his career be held hostage to our compensation demands. It's a risk though - his job was pretty safe at PTFC.

If Maxy is away and I think most of us think he is....the club should be announcing it. There are far more questions than answers just now but a bit of clarity coming out of Firhill wouldn't do any harm.

McCall goes, Maxwell isn't caretaker. Falkirk want a new manager but no money to pay compensation, but they aren't as rooked as us and will still pay better wages.

End result - McCall and Maxwell resign as they want to go, but Falkirk can't afford the compensation. Not too hard to work out.

Edited by MWM

Was shocked to hear the news, but I'm not overly devastated.

In my opinion, Ian McCall has offered stability to the club, in order for us to remain a Division 1 side...but I think he has taken us as far as he can. I just could not see us reaching the SPL again with McCall at the helm, even though I think he has done a good job over the past few years, in very difficult circumstances.

People are now wondering who will replace him, I think, Jaggy Mc permanently, regardless of how he does between now and the end of the season. The board will love the fact that they can get away with paying JM a lot less than a more experienced manager. But I've always been cynical towards the board.(Or perhaps Davie Irons...ok, I joke!)

Even though it's difficult to speculate the exact reasons McCall left, I'm sure the boards tight "fistedness" had something to do with it, he was going to operate on a tiny budget next season, with a dilapidated squad, and on most likely, a reduced salary. I think he finally had enough with such little room to move, and I'm sure he had another job lined up on the horizon, where he could be given a lot more freedom in terms of finance.

So here opens another chapter in Partick Thistle's history. However JM and the rest of the managerial team have my full support, after all Lee Bradbury of A.F.C. Bournemouth was a current player turned caretaker, and has done an immense job in turning around the fortunes of that club, so much so he has a permanent deal now. Also Les Parry, the physio at Tranmere FC, turned out to be a terrific manager! With JM football knowledge, and obvious "contacts" around the football world, I think we are in safe hands at least to the end of the season. After the first week in May is done, then we can assess the situation.

• Members

After all the carry on with the Dundee job at the time, I'm reasonably sure McCall re-negotiated his contract. Perhaps that re-negotiation meant he took a pay cut for this season and was thereafter free to find another Club if he so wished without the compensation bill hanging over him?

Given that he did something similar when he left QOS, I'd even hazard a guess it's something he likes to put into any contract he signs and uses the 'resignation' line to mask the true intentions.

I also reckon that IM has enough confidence in his own ability that he will be able to get another job in football without too much trouble.

Edited by Willjag

Yup. The comp thing is nonsense.

As was mentioned earlier, McCall took a pay cut this season. I'd suggest in doing so the club removed the compo.

Managers come and go... I'm not that fussed about McCall leaving.

What is of greater concern is that we may now loose maxy and hinchy.

As for TL making two separate posts alluding to possible health issues in his family as a reason to resign, I find them appalling and ridiculous and serving no benefit to this thread what so ever.

Yup. The comp thing is nonsense.

As was mentioned earlier, McCall took a pay cut this season. I'd suggest in doing so the club removed the compo.

Managers come and go... I'm not that fussed about McCall leaving.

What is of greater concern is that we may now loose maxy and hinchy.

As for TL making two separate posts alluding to possible health issues in his family as a reason to resign, I find them appalling and ridiculous and serving no benefit to this thread what so ever.

If you've read the thread, and others started today, you will see TL is not the only one to mention this, why are they not appalling and ridiculous? I find it strange that you are not fussed about McCall leaving yet you are concerned that Maxy might be...but there you go, all about opinions eh!

*disclaimer: I'd hope Maxy hasn't left, but if he has then fair enough...nothing unusual about an assistant manager following a manager out the door, especially if they are both lined up for another team.

Edited by Steven H

If you've read the thread, and others started today, you will see TL is not the only one to mention this, why are they not appalling and ridiculous? I find it ridiculous that you are not fussed about McCall leaving yet you are concerned that Maxy might be...but there you go, all about opinions eh!

*disclaimer: I'd hope Maxy hasn't left, but if he has then fair enough...nothing unusual about an assistant manager following a manager out the door, especially if they are both lined up for another team.

Because I didn't read anyone else stating this, so only commented on what I had read. Who else said it?

As far as I'm concerned maxy is a bigger influence on the squad, takes the majority of the training and is greatly respected by the players.