Rumour

stuthejag

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I am not bothered. I wanted McCall out last year but pleased that (after signing Fox) we have climbed to mid-table. If McCall has gone, it is possible that Boyle might re-sign as Bunter told him to find another club last year.

I'd seriously doubt that Boyle would want to resign if McCall has left. He wants to play at a higher level. I'm sure his deciosion not to sign deal has nothinging to do with McCall being our manager.

I am extremely bothered by this. I do like McCall but more than that, I want to know the reasons why he's left.....it's that which bothers me greatly. What does the future hold.

Boyle will be one of McCalls's first signings as new Kilmarnock manager.

I think that Scott Fox would one of his first signings but how much would we get for him? I would be very p1ssed off if he signed them.

Until it is confirmed, we can only indulge in idle speculation.

Edited by kni

Even if you've not be convinced by McCall, it's pretty dumb I think to be pleased that he's going, especially things seem to be getting sorted out with the team.

Just think about it .. how often has our club been able to pick the right manager and what are the chances now if we have to bring a new face in that we'll pick one who'll do a job for us? Remember we look like being short of funds so who are we going to be able to afford?

Why McNamara instead of Maxy or Donnelly?

I suspect that McNamara has been regarded informally as the senior of that group anyway. Until this departure there was loads of speculation about McNamara and Donnelly leaving together to become a management team (I presumed very much in that order).

It was interesting at the start of the season to hear Conrad Balatoni say that it was Jackie McNamara that actually liased and worked to bring him here on loan.

He's away, McNamara in as caretaker boss. None too pleased with that.

Confirmed officially - http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/april_2011/manager_to_stand_down- “personal and professional reasons”

“It is with great regret I have accepted Ian’s resignation as Manager of Partick Thistle FC. I fully respect and appreciate Ian’s reasons for wishing to leave." - playing budget for next season?

I think this is a realistic choice; can't think who else of any note would be banging on the door begging for the job.

I was more worried that we might've gone for some sort of Whyte/Britton Mk. II nightmare scenario. We didn't, so, in traditional fashion, it's now down to us to get behind the man and give him every encouragement for the remainder of the season.

Monni Thistle.

I suspect that McNamara has been regarded informally as the senior of that group anyway. Until this departure there was loads of speculation about McNamara and Donnelly leaving together to become a management team (I presumed very much in that order).

It was interesting at the start of the season to hear Conrad Balatoni say that it was Jackie McNamara that actually liased and worked to bring him here on loan.

Interesting point. Stewart was at Wolves with him too so he does seem to have been involved in identifying targets within the budget.

Because he has more caps.

In reality though, they might be going with him to Killie/wherever?

That would make sense if he is going to Killie. However, Beattie's statements suggest that there is more to it. Beattie would not have been so complimentary if McCall had resigned to avoid Killie paying compensation. However, he may be pleased to save McCall's salary. More details will emerge over the next few days.

I think this is a realistic choice; can't think who else of any note would be banging on the door begging for the job.

I was more worried that we might've gone for some sort of Whyte/Britton Mk. II nightmare scenario. We didn't, so, in traditional fashion, it's now down to us to get behind the man and give him every encouragement for the remainder of the season.

Monni Thistle.

The possible candidates will include the usual suspects who are out of work - Chisholm, McPherson, Hughes etc.

I wonder if McNamara will play tomorrow. We will need him at least on the bench. If he starts, Maxwell could manage the tactics on the bench.

Interesting. Also if MacNamara was to get the job long term (though I'd prefer someone more experienced myself) the fact that he is a 'name' - ex OF player, capped for Scotland, etc. - means he'd have a little edge in attracting players to the club.

Gutted that he's left, as I said before, I hope it's to get another job & not because of what's going on behind the scenes.

On the appointment of McNamara, I'm quite happy with that. It shows some guts from the board to pick one guy & also not instantly go for the assistant (Maxy).

Ideally, if Lambie felt he had another season I'd want him. If not, I really don't know. I suppose if McNamara does well until the end of the season he'll get it. If Chisholm gets anywhere near the job, it'll be the death of the club.

It was interesting at the start of the season to hear Conrad Balatoni say that it was Jackie McNamara that actually liaised and worked to bring him here on loan.

And he recommended Stewart.

Can't really qualify why but I would have been more surprised if Donnelly or Maxie had been chosen ahead of McNamara.

I guess we'll be hearing and seeing the words cheap and option over the next few weeks or so.

Also just noticed that the online E Times has no coverage of this. Makes me think this resignation/quitting has a certain amount of spontaneity about it :unsure:

On a more important matter, who is going to referee the Firhill Cup now?

Seriously though, quite shocked by the news. I'll wait until the reasons for his departure become clearer before commenting further on the situation but something stinks. I've never proclaimed to be McCall's biggest fan but he's done a relatively good job for us and I'm somewhat saddened to see him go despite my previous attempts to hound him out.

I think I speak for all Thistle fans when I say I hope he's left for another job rather than have health problems.

I can't say I'm enthralled with the idea of him as manager but Jackie will have my support. Maybe he'll be the next Owen Coyle...

Edited by Armand2

The possible candidates will include the usual suspects who are out of work - Chisholm, McPherson, Hughes etc.

I wonder if McNamara will play tomorrow. We will need him at least on the bench. If he starts, Maxwell could manage the tactics on the bench.

Would these guys not have been sought after by Killie or Falkirk when Elvis leaves?

Would these guys not have been sought after by Killie or Falkirk when Elvis leaves?

It depends on those clubs budgets. Killie are in a good league position and could attract better managers, e.g. from England or other countries. After further reflection, I would be surprised (and angered) if McCall is going to Killie. Falkirk could be a (remote) possibility but he probably has other reasons for resigning.

Edited by kni