Rumour

stuthejag

He's already signed up most of the players he said he wanted for next season including a few of the better players on 2 year deals. A very strange thing to do without knowing his budget for next season already.

The point I was making was that maybe he HAS been told what the budget is and that's why he's leaving.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's already signed up most of the players he said he wanted for next season including a few of the better players on 2 year deals. A very strange thing to do without knowing his budget for next season already.

But his budget may have been changed, i.e. reduced. Perhaps he was told that we cannot afford to offer new deals to Rowson, Robertson, Archie and Hodge.

I think it is, however, more likely that he has got the Killie job. If he has resigned to go to Rugby Park, Killie will not have to pay us compensation. :angry:

The point I was making was that maybe he HAS been told what the budget is and that's why he's leaving.

Well McCall and Beattie supposedly met every week to discuss players and budgets. So if it is to do with that, we can only guess that something has happened that McCall never saw coming that brought this about. Maxwell was quoted this week stating they had players in mind for next season.

This could be like a deck of cards... Maxwell, Hinchy and Cameron could all follow next. McCall regards the 3 of them very highly.

I was really looking forward to game tomorrow, I ain't now.

And about four hours and one second we'll be taking that forensic look at the club's operations so beloved of you and I. ;)

It's always entertaining to hear the grand schemes from the grand schemers at the club. But although this comes as a surprise today, how can anyone really be surprised at anything that might happen now?

I hope to god this is true.

To be honest, I am not bothered. I wanted McCall out last year but pleased that (after signing Fox) we have climbed to mid-table. If McCall has gone, it is possible that Boyle might re-sign as Bunter told him to find another club last year.

I hope to god this is true.

Why? The negative effect it will have on the dressing room is not going to help the club between now and end of season. What if he has left as we are going part time, or slashed our playing budget yet again ?

Ok, may be some want McCall out and will be glad for a change, but surely it would be better to hear the full reasons before "hoping it is true"

To be honest, I am not bothered. I wanted McCall out last year but pleased that (after signing Fox) we have climbed to mid-table. If McCall has gone, it is possible that Boyle might re-sign as Bunter told him to find another club last year.

Think thats pretty speculative, far more likely than Boyle can get triple what we are giving him at either St Johnstone or Dunfermline

Boyle will be one of McCalls's first signings as new Kilmarnock manager.

This will be the start of it. Youth Development will be next for the chop and we'll be left with the Jackie and Simon show next season before we fade away into obscurity with PropCo being left to pick up the golden pieces.

Bad day for PTFC if McCall is away.

If the story's true then I hope that youth policy is protected and any new manager that comes in has the ability to handle this properly.

IMO it would be counter-productive to cut the youth policy - not only has it proeved a success in bringing through at least 4-5 players who could be first team players next season (and could petentially earn us money) - it would p!ss off Thistle fans and would likely lead to a loss of season ticket sales and lower crowds.