Spl Are At It Again

phoenix1876

•  
  • The national team's Fifa ranking to improve from 66th to 15th within five years
  • The SPL's coefficient ranking to improve from 16th to 10th in five years
  • Broadcasting revenues to increase by 50% in five years

I suppose we're all entitled to fantasy... I myself would like to be living on a tropical beach with a harem of Victoria's Secret models in five years...

Edited by Craig-W

I know I shouldn't let it irk me but this nonsense about a British cup made me see red. It reminded me of George W Bush talking about sending astronauts to Mars. Disconnection from reality.

We aparently don't want nuthin' to do with "British" for the Olympics,......but c'mon, forget that and let's have a wonderful "British Cup" so that our super SPL teams can get a wee bit of money out of playing youth teams from dan saf.

:puke:

I'd be all for a British Cup, anything that breaks the monotiny of the current system has got to be a good thing. If they made sure the games were all played at weekends then it would be cracking. Torquay United vs Partick Thistle :D

But why even bother to make stupid statements like this one "Broadcasting revenues to increase by 50% in five years ". Oh I get it, the new ten team league will bring in millions of new subscribers.

I'd be all for a British Cup, anything that breaks the monotiny of the current system has got to be a good thing. If they made sure the games were all played at weekends then it would be cracking. Torquay United vs Partick Thistle :D

But why even bother to make stupid statements like this one "Broadcasting revenues to increase by 50% in five years ". Oh I get it, the new ten team league will bring in millions of new subscribers.

Here here, I've been calling for a British League Cup for years in place of the two independent league vups, but I understand the scepticism as I can't see it happening.

From what I hear it's just going to be a cup competition between the finalists of both independent league cups.

As it always has been, the aim of the SPL is to protect and seek to increase their broadcasting rights. Quite explicit in this is the need to retain four Old Firm and Edinburgh derbies each year. Of course, that blocks the reform that just about unites every football fan which is the need to do away with a setup that requires club to meet four times in the league.

The other reality (well, I think it is anyway) is that Scottish Football will be doing extremely well if it's able to retain the current value in broadcasting right - an increase seems like pie in the sky.

Struggling to come to terms with the "other proposals".

Does that mean for instance when they come to discuss proposal 3- "Broadcasting revenues to increase by 50% in five years" they actually take a vote on it? :unsure:

I can just see them saying to Sky "we've taken a vote and agreed to increase our TV revenues by 50%". Will Sky's response be "Why, of course, here's the extra money" or "Go **** yourselves, the football's shit"

I cannot for the life of me see why any top English Premier League side will be keen to add, to an already overcrowded fixture list: meaningless games against what they would consider second rate opposition. Unless , of course they are anxious to welcome the scourge of bigoted supporters , particularly those of a Rangers persuasion, whom not only have the SFA being singularly unable to adress, but who are now the subject of long delayed action bt UEFA, Really, you've got to ask yourself what feckin planet are these people living on? Probably the same planet where you propose reverting to a structure no football fan I'm aware of wants, simply to get their hands on Murdoch's thirty pieces of silver(again!). It would be comical if it weren't so tragic!

What gets me is the way the SPL seem to be asking the same questions of their teams and puting the same 10 team option, over and over ..... and over.

Do they think that eventually everyone is going to say OK you're right, give us something many of us just don't want. :mad2:

What gets me is the way the SPL seem to be asking the same questions of their teams and puting the same 10 team option, over and over ..... and over.

Do they think that eventually everyone is going to say OK you're right, give us something many of us just don't want. :mad2:

It seems to be a facet of modern life that if the great unwashed don't agree with a proposition from their betters, then it will just be proposed in a different form: which being stupid we'll all accept!