Latest News

kni

Kenny Brannigan to leave Queens and Colin McMenamin signs two year contract with County - http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/13461781.stm

"David Lilley and forwards Willie McLaren and Derek Holmes have been officially freed"...

"The news follows the departure of striker Colin McMenamen who turned down a new contract to sign a two-year deal with First Division rivals Ross County. A number of other out-of-contract Queens players are understood to be close to joining new clubs."

Derek Adams returns to County - http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/13455922.stm

Edited by kni

QOS for last place next year?

Much will depend on the quality of the Ayr United and Ross County squads. Ayr were part-time last season and I assume that they will remain so. Derek Adams has returned to Dingwall and I expect County to be stronger.

Much will depend on the quality of the Ayr United and Ross County squads. Ayr were part-time last season and I assume that they will remain so. Derek Adams has returned to Dingwall and I expect County to be stronger.

I see Ayr United are being heavily invested in by this Bodog geezer(investing in them because his name is Calvin Ayre - Ayr United! Couldnt make it up.) but if they do get promoted I wonder how much he will invest, enough to be full time, enough to be good? Who knows! But there fans certainly think they'll be a force with him backing and reckon full time if they beat Brechin on Sunday.

I see Ayr United are being heavily invested in by this Bodog geezer(investing in them because his name is Calvin Ayre - Ayr United! Couldnt make it up.) but if they do get promoted I wonder how much he will invest, enough to be full time, enough to be good? Who knows! But there fans certainly think they'll be a force with him backing and reckon full time if they beat Brechin on Sunday.

Just looked him up ... -the-billionaire-son-of-a-drug-smuggling-pig-farmer

I only saw Brannigan's last few games with Thistle.

I honestly couldn't believe how bad he was.

So, so true. I am a positive supporter in every way I can for Thistle. I get frustrated at times, but never dish abuse. However, that man's performances were just so, so poor, he is the only player in red and yellow I have ever booed...

Cost cutting will be main objective for most teams and it certainly looks like Raith will find things a lot tougher:

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/raith_to_start_next_season_with_just_13_players_1_1635096

Loads of teams will be taking this route next season - my hope is that our youngsters have stolen a march on THEIR youngsters by playing first team games this season. Another reason for optimism, however unjustified?

Cost cutting will be main objective for most teams and it certainly looks like Raith will find things a lot tougher:

http://www.fifetoday...ayers_1_1635096

A first team squad of 13 plus 6 youngsters will be very vulnerable to a spate of injuries and/or suspensions. Look at how we were stretched to the limit in the last few weeks of the season. I can't see Rovers challenging next season.

A first team squad of 13 plus 6 youngsters will be very vulnerable to a spate of injuries and/or suspensions. Look at how we were stretched to the limit in the last few weeks of the season. I can't see Rovers challenging next season.

Correct. I reckon there will be a lot of emergency loan signings playing next season.