Tommy Stewart Signs

Does anyone else think that we could maybe find a few other players in the Irish Leagues? Obviously in Ireland, all the top players are whipped off to England or Selik at an early age like some sort of child-trafficking set-up (no double meaning intended tims so calm down), but of the ones left I'd imagine we could find a few that would do a job in the Scottish First Division, like Stewart. Most of these guys would see a move to Scotland (and the possibility of going full-time) as a big opportunity aswell.

Unless they are all shite and I'm talking nonsense, but I'm sure there are a few in there who, if the edges were polished, could do us a turn and not cost a fortune.

I think you might be overrating the League of Ireland a bit there. From what I have seen of it, which isn't that much admittedly, I wouldn't have said that it is greatly superior to the first division. The size of crowds and quality of grounds is certainly very similar but that is another issue!

Great news that Stewart has signed. I can see him being a revelation next season if Jackie can get the best out of the lad as he is a player who as a youngster had real potential and who's career seemed to be heading down the way. Hopefully he can find the same happiness at Firhill that Tuffey did and bang the goals in next season.

Great news that Stewart has signed. I can see him being a revelation next season if Jackie can get the best out of the lad as he is a player who as a youngster had real potential and who's career seemed to be heading down the way. Hopefully he can find the same happiness at Firhill that Tuffey did and bang the goals in next season.

Well said. Tommy always comes across excellent in his interviews and when he was getting fully fit towards the end of the season looked absolutely first class in midfield and up front. Would be great for Tommy and Partick Thistle if he was also able to get a call up to the Northern Ireland team.

Tommy's signing is a massive boost as I think he could have easily got far more money at another club but he has shown to loyalty to Jackie McNamara and Partick Thistle by sticking with us. Potentially an absolutely fantastic signing :thumbsup2:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2011-2012/june_2011/tommy_stewart_on_his_new_deal

“I think that we will just need to see how it goes but on the basis of what I saw last season then I don’t think that we need to fear anyone. We had some good results against good teams last season and I think we played some good football as well. I’m certainly excited about the new season and with the benefit of a good pre-season behind me I’ll hopefully be in good shape for the challenge ahead.”

It would be fair to say Stewart likes to describe things as good.

It would be fair to say Stewart likes to describe things as good.

I found that rather upsetting. Surely by this time Tommy knows that after McNamara swooped to sign him he can't be properly unveiled until he describes this move as massive. Coming to think of it even if Jackie had just snapped him up Stewart can't be properly paraded without first using the word massive. :thumbdown:

Thistle in an attacking, entertaining and creative 4 3 3 is the Thistle i wish to see every week.

Will it happen? Time will tell.

I do like the way our squad is shaping up, but agree with some others on here - we definitely need at least one more striker, one ideally with a proven goalscoring record at this level. Stewart, Doolan, Grehan, Fraser, Burns etc all well and good, but feel we need one more if we are serious about challenging for promotion this season.

We have the core nucleus of a potentially title-winning squad, but it needs fleshed out in a few areas. Will the season ticket sales and any additional Board input financially be sufficient to see this happen (and thus encourage rise in home attendances=even more money for ptfc coffers)? Once again, time will tell.

It's worth looking at our current squad

Fox

Paton, Kinniburgh, Archibald, Lindsay

Campbell, Cairney, Erskine

Stewart, Doolan, Grehan

Subs - Scully, Stevenson/Ketterer, McBeth, Bannigan, Fraser, Burns

If we add Flannigan and Rowson, I would go for

Fox

Paton, Kinniburgh, Archibald, Lindsay

Flannigan, Rowson, Cairney, Erskine

Stewart, Doolan