Jamie Langfield

Was really disappointed when we let him go, although at the time we were looking certainties for relegation to the first division, but he was/is way better a goalkeeper than arthur who we held onto. hope he makes a full recovery

Outrageous comment - King Kenny was a far better keeper with us. Alright, maybe Langfield had more potential, but at the time there's no way I would have kept him over Kenny.

All the best anyway - hope he makes a full recovery.

Nothing outrageous about it, it's an opinion.

Arthur's left Thistle, been replaced with 2 consecutive keepers who are far superior to him in Tuffey and Fox. Been released from a few diddy teams down south now playing in Conference.

Langfields been involved in several scotland squads, and is one of the best and most consistent keepers in SPL.

I liked Kenny as a cult hero but we was very average.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13605960.stm

Recovering in the Southern General after suffering a seizure. Hope he makes a full recovery and can play football again.

I have epilepsey and having a seizure is one of the worst feelings ever not nice. I hope he makes a full recovery and was miles better than Arthur at Thistle IMO :):thumbsup:

Edited by O.T.I.G.ANDYBOY JNR

I liked him and wished we had kept him, but relegation meant we couldn't hold on to him. I managed to get what is supposed to be a match worn shirt of his on ebay, so have always liked him because of that.

Hope he makes a good speedy recovery.

Nothing outrageous about it, it's an opinion.

Arthur's left Thistle, been replaced with 2 consecutive keepers who are far superior to him in Tuffey and Fox. Been released from a few diddy teams down south now playing in Conference.

Langfields been involved in several scotland squads, and is one of the best and most consistent keepers in SPL.

I liked Kenny as a cult hero but we was very average.

As you say, its an opinion. I think you are completely wrong however and that Kenny was a far superior 'keeper than a lot of people gave him credit for. I freely admit, I was/am a massive fan of King Kenny but genuinely think he is far superior than a lot of people gave him credit for. Kenny was a dying breed - Someone who was proud to be a Partick Thistle player and someone who understood what the club meant to the fans. Id have Kenny over Tuffey and ( as it stands) Fox any day. Yes, Kenny had his faults but I honestly dont think we have had a better reactionary goalkeeper in all my years as a Jag.

As you say, its an opinion. I think you are completely wrong however and that Kenny was a far superior 'keeper than a lot of people gave him credit for. I freely admit, I was/am a massive fan of King Kenny but genuinely think he is far superior than a lot of people gave him credit for. Kenny was a dying breed - Someone who was proud to be a Partick Thistle player and someone who understood what the club meant to the fans. Id have Kenny over Tuffey and ( as it stands) Fox any day. Yes, Kenny had his faults but I honestly dont think we have had a better reactionary goalkeeper in all my years as a Jag.

Fair enough mate. Like I said I liked big kenny and his relationship with the fans was great, I love the jags as much as anybody, and to see a player committed as that was great. But when I strip back all the sentiment, I see a geniune big guy who made the best of what he had, but in terms of his reactionary ability, I'm guessing you mean reflexes and stuff? For me, anytime I watch the old dvd's of league winning season, all I see is big kenny diving into the net after the goals been scored, sort of token gesture "i tried to save it". I really don't rate him. But thats what makes this game great we all have our opinion.

Edited to add, how long you been a jags fan? I've been going since 92. In all that time, I'd rank kenny behind nicky walker, craig nelson, andy murdoch, jonny tuffey, and scott fox. We've been blessed with great keepers in my time I think.

Edited by chunky jag

Edited to add, how long you been a jags fan? I've been going since 92. In all that time, I'd rank kenny behind nicky walker, craig nelson, andy murdoch, jonny tuffey, and scott fox. We've been blessed with great keepers in my time I think.

I've been going a lot longer than you chunky, but I agree we have had a lot of great keepers in the last 20 years no matter how you rank them. For me Nicky Walker was the best by far, but I think Foxy is the 2nd best & will get better. One thing about King Kenny though nobody mentioned, top penalty stopper! :clapping:

None of them will ever match the Great Alan Rough though!!! :thumbsup2:

also a personal favourite of mine from the 80's was the unlucky with injury John Brough

Edited by jaggy

Fair enough mate. Like I said I liked big kenny and his relationship with the fans was great, I love the jags as much as anybody, and to see a player committed as that was great. But when I strip back all the sentiment, I see a geniune big guy who made the best of what he had, but in terms of his reactionary ability, I'm guessing you mean reflexes and stuff? For me, anytime I watch the old dvd's of league winning season, all I see is big kenny diving into the net after the goals been scored, sort of token gesture "i tried to save it". I really don't rate him. But thats what makes this game great we all have our opinion.

Probably started going regularly with my old man in the late 80s. Agreed we have had some top 'keepers in that time with Craig Nelson being the one i thought would go on to fame and fortune....then Hearts happened. As for Kenny, his overall game was not perhaps as good as the likes of Walker or Nelson but his reactionary shot stopping, in my opinion, is as good as we have had. As mentioned by Jaggy - some penalty stopper too :thumbsup2: FWIW i think Fox is someone who could make it a long way in the game but only time will tell.

Probably started going regularly with my old man in the late 80s. Agreed we have had some top 'keepers in that time with Craig Nelson being the one i thought would go on to fame and fortune....then Hearts happened. As for Kenny, his overall game was not perhaps as good as the likes of Walker or Nelson but his reactionary shot stopping, in my opinion, is as good as we have had. As mentioned by Jaggy - some penalty stopper too :thumbsup2: FWIW i think Fox is someone who could make it a long way in the game but only time will tell.

I have epilepsey and having a seizure is one of the worst feelings ever not nice. I hope he makes a full recovery and was miles better than Arthur at Thistle IMO :):thumbsup:

I hope that it is a one-off like I had in my early 20s. Jamie will have to go through a series of tests. Seizures and fits can have several causes, not just epilepsy. I wish him well and hope that he recovers soon. This will be a very worrying time for him, his family and team mates.

Like others here, I was disappointed that we let Langfield go. However, we had a great loyal and committed Jag in Kenny Arthur who made international squads.

When I think of Langfield's time at Thistle, I think of him selling the jerseys at Tynecastle as we were pushing for an equaliser. True, he has went on to be picked for Scotland squads but I tend to think that is all but a sad indictment of the quality of keepers at our disposal.

All the best to him, though.

Seconded. His shut-out at Pittodrie didn't do his career chances any harm!

A fine showing against Inverness probably secured Johnny Tuffey's move there in the close season. He really kept the score down that day. Sadly he's stalled since movig there. What a waste. Now I hear reports that he's moving on.

Just want to add my best wishes to Jamie.

Hope you make a speedy recovery and hope you are back playing again.

totally agree with the best wishes, but I honestly thought he was no better than Kenny at the time. His disaster against Dundee went a long way to sealing our relegation (although we should have had a penalty at 1-0 up in that game)