Jags Fan Chased By Bull

Martin

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and as for the dozens of posts slamming the greaves/thistle/gus/bullrun with the nonsense about animal rights, cruelty, boycotting and all that other bollocks i can't be arsed typing about/quoting, for my eyes bled reading it, don't get me started.

And for the record, these two post have been made while stone cold sober.

well said

Jeez, where to start on this thread?

Car crash central from some.

First 5 pages, gimmefukinstrength.

Gus and other shed (and aggro) boys (some appearing less often in past year or two for multitude of reasons) is what Thistle need. And more of them. Not less. On the fora, at games, standing up, singing, being vocal, creating atmosphere and invaluable backing for the team (can be either sober or have a few drinks in them, doesn't matter), in the pubs, in the press, in society in general, across Glasgow and beyond. Not the sanctimonious claptrap that some are embarrassing themselves here royally with.

Posts on page 6 (125-150) sums it up.....2 clear dividing lines/sides have appeared.....likes of ian_mac, blackpooljags, steven-h, chicofan, amongst others making some excellent posts and facts.....as for the other side (on page 6, and previous pages), they should [a] get a life take a long good hard look at themselves in the mirror [c] get to know Gus, and find your pish ill-founded preconceived view of him (and slanderous to boot) to be so totally unfounded and so off the mark.

Not going to say what he does workwise or ratio of his drink to keeping fit hours (not my place to), but if you think the bullrun is the only time Gus runs or breaks a sweat or does any exercise, you couldn't be more wrong, and no 'drunken bum' (like some are trying to paint him) would be able to do a tenth of what Gus does.

I'm Proud to be a Jags fan.

I'm Proud Gus is a Jags fan.

Totally and utterly spot on, in my opinion. :thumbsup2:

100% agree with this...and Sandy. I began to wonder what some fans make of me and the mates I go to the games with after the slating Gus has taken from some in this thread. Many a time we've been 'under the influence' on away days (personally I was absolutely honkin at Annan) and occassionally we are in the vacinity of Gus (and other like-minded Jags) . Then I thought, 'feck it, don't care! We aint doin anyone any harm'.

Gus is a character and a lot of Jags fans love him for that. Dingwall in the rain, taps aff day, Gus was quality...but the 'look down the nose' brigade probably won't have seen it that way :rolleyes:

Ditto this!! however after reading the posts from Yoda and Bj and others...Faith has been restored :D

Roll on August the 6th..Beers will be plentiful prematch and we will raise the roof!! :thumbsup2:

Jeez, where to start on this thread?

Car crash central from some.

First 5 pages, gimmefukinstrength.

Gus and other shed (and aggro) boys (some appearing less often in past year or two for multitude of reasons) is what Thistle need. And more of them. Not less. On the fora, at games, standing up, singing, being vocal, creating atmosphere and invaluable backing for the team (can be either sober or have a few drinks in them, doesn't matter), in the pubs, in the press, in society in general, across Glasgow and beyond. Not the sanctimonious claptrap that some are embarrassing themselves here royally with.

Posts on page 6 (125-150) sums it up.....2 clear dividing lines/sides have appeared.....likes of ian_mac, blackpooljags, steven-h, chicofan, amongst others making some excellent posts and facts.....as for the other side (on page 6, and previous pages), they should [a] get a life take a long good hard look at themselves in the mirror [c] get to know Gus, and find your pish ill-founded preconceived view of him (and slanderous to boot) to be so totally unfounded and so off the mark.

Not going to say what he does workwise or ratio of his drink to keeping fit hours (not my place to), but if you think the bullrun is the only time Gus runs or breaks a sweat or does any exercise, you couldn't be more wrong, and no 'drunken bum' (like some are trying to paint him) would be able to do a tenth of what Gus does.

I'm Proud to be a Jags fan.

I'm Proud Gus is a Jags fan.

Agree totally with the above but would like to know why some of the so-called "aggro" boys have decided not to honour us with their presence? Has something happened that we should all know about? Thinking dummies out of pram or red card from the club (probably too loud and boisterous for some!).

I used to bump into a team of guys who travelled up from Ayrshire on the train but haven't seen them in yonks. Any sightings and are they still at large? They all seemed like okay blokes and were all Jags daft.

Whilst I've admittedly cut back on the bev' of late, it wasn't that long ago that some, okay most, games were basically a blur of alcohol. Not especially proud of it but I do recall louder more fun times; but maybe that's just my inner demons yearning for a drink! Time for therapy!! "Red, yellow and black pill for the Meister!"

Edited by Meister Jag

Hey, Jags fans. I,ve hit an internet cafe, just about to leave Pamplona. This is the second most visited festival in Europe, so It aint just me who enjoys it. I,m well aware of animal rights activists, and have a well formed constructed opinion which i am more than willing to discuss with people.

Here is a fact.

1 of the worlds most respected bull runners used to run the curve in a C**t*c top.

I enjoy the rush, and would respectfully suggest that anyone who has any difficulty with my use of my time digs me out and has a chat. I am no fool, although some people may have an other other opinion of me. Suit yourselves, but to me, someone with no name, and an anonymous internet persona, doesn´t quite meet up with the way I see things.

Thanks for the decent stuff peeps, I´m just a Jags fan havin fun x

Edited by Wee Gus

Hey, Jags fans. I,ve hit an internet cafe, just about to leave Pamplona. This is the second most visited festival in Europe, so It aint just me who enjoys it. I,m well aware of animal rights activists, and have a well formed constructed opinion which i am more than willing to discuss with people.

Here is a fact.

1 of the worlds most respected bull runners used to run the curve in a C**t*c top.

I enjoy the rush, and would respectfully suggest that anyone who has any difficulty with my use of my time digs me out and has a chat. I am no fool, although some people may have an other other opinion of me. Suit yourselves, but to me, someone with no name, and an anonymous internet persona, doesn´t quite meet up with the way I see things.

Ive never met wee gus, nor am i hiding behind an internet name. Since the pictures were in the newspaper, everyone from my dad (Who hates football) to the guy in the local garage has mentioned "the guy in the jags top doing the bull run". So no matter your opinion on any number of topics added to this thread, if you have the clubs best interests at heart then you have to take your hat off to Gus for the amount of publicity and goodwill he has generated for the club. Thanks Gus, hope you really enjoyed it!

Totally agree. I've only had positive comments from fans of other clubs, who think it was a great picture.

Too many people on here have used this to have a pop at Gus, whereas if it was someone like Chic doing this it would have been treated as a big laugh.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Pamplona and are cheered to here the tic left with their tail between their legs today!

Here is a fact.

Well said mate and who knows, I might even get in training and join you next year. I have an amazing turn of pace for a 50 year old. Nothing to do with totally bricking it of course... :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I met a Spanish guy in the pub tonight and the conversation at one point ran on to the tomato fighting festival and the bull run, so I decided to tell him about Gus. He liked the story, but then I mentioned the strip was red and yellow stripes, so he asked if it was Partick Thistle. It turned out he'd been travelling in Scotland 15 years ago and bought a shirt because it was in the colours of Valencia, I was just amazed he had heard of us though.

Wish I'd asked him if he'd heard of Gerry Britton...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I met a Spanish guy in the pub tonight and the conversation at one point ran on to the tomato fighting festival and the bull run, so I decided to tell him about Gus. He liked the story, but then I mentioned the strip was red and yellow stripes, so he asked if it was Partick Thistle. It turned out he'd been travelling in Scotland 15 years ago and bought a shirt because it was in the colours of Valencia, I was just amazed he had heard of us though.

Wish I'd asked him if he'd heard of Gerry Britton...

Cant be a real football supporter, if he hadnt heard of Gerry!! :thinking: