Jags Fan Chased By Bull

Martin

See, that was my initial thought until I found out the runs take place over eight days. I assume Gus wanted to be involved on the first day and it had nothing to do with the fact that would be the day the bulk of filming/photography would take place...

Well hats off to Gus, I never knew he was both the festival organizer controlling when people attended and also had a side line as a producer on Spanish TV.

How he found the time to run I'll never know!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hats off to Gus, I never knew he was both the festival organizer controlling when people attended and also had a side line as a producer on Spanish TV.

Erm, I doubt it would take a genius - and no-one is suggesting Gus is the puppet master - to work out the majority of media coverage would occur on the first day. Come to think of it, why did he choose to start where he did. He wasn't present where the bulls where released, but in the vicinity of film crews and photographers. Handy.

I have done thanks. I like how you seem to be separating the bull run from them being slaughtered by referring to as the "actual" bull run. It doesn't magically mean that they don't get slaughtered afterwards in a horrific manner afterwards. Shops selling leather and meat don't attempt to get free publicity out of an event which is cruel to animals whereas Greaves have done. If you can't differentiate between the 2 then there's not much point in continuing this.

One is hidden (abattoir) the other not. Bottom line, it suits some people to ignore the stress & suffering of animals at an abattoir yet be up in arms about a bull run. If you can separate eating a dead animal and it being killed in an abattoir, then I should be able to separate the bull run and a bull fight.

Over 1 million people go to the festival, the chances of free publicity are highly remote. It's not such a massive leap, visit an abattoir and then feel free to state how this is more humane then the actual bull run.

OMG! Are you actually being serious? Really? So you think the man in the abattoir chases the bull around for a while then chases it round in a ring?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LVnyOm5AfU

just like an abattoir yeah?

Open you eyes and stop kidding yourself on.

So what if it was planned, if he was the only guy running the thing, fair enough. But hundreds (maybe thousands?) run it every year.

Anyway, the bulls could easily just stand still & say "ah'm no runnin" but they run & do every year, you'd think they'd learn! If it was people chasing the bulls trying to stab them to death it would be just a little different.

So because other people do it its ok? And maybe your missing the point - bull fighting is a disgusting sport! Just because he took part in the run not the actual fight or whatever - it's still not appropriate for Greaves to associate Thistle with this barbaric sport!!!

God people say this is an over reaction but my god some jags are bunch of bloody muppets! And even then that's me complimenting you!

I am glad some people have done their research. If by making people aware you can change one persons opinion then it makes it worth it to stand up and be heard.

OMG! Are you actually being serious? Really? So you think the man in the abattoir chases the bull around for a while then chases it round in a ring?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LVnyOm5AfU

just like an abattoir yeah?

Open you eyes and stop kidding yourself on.

So because other people do it its ok? And maybe your missing the point - bull fighting is a disgusting sport! Just because he took part in the run not the actual fight or whatever - it's still not appropriate for Greaves to associate Thistle with this barbaric sport!!!

God people say this is an over reaction but my god some jags are bunch of bloody muppets! And even then that's me complimenting you!

I am glad some people have done their research. If by making people aware you can change one persons opinion then it makes it worth it to stand up and be heard.

My early post separated the bullfight from the bull run. However who is really missing the point or kidding who - see Cattle Abattoir:entire process, (YouTube) but it comes with a warning. Barbaric or not? Not posting it as not wanting to get into a raising game.

I hear Gus is thinking about heading to Gloucestershire next summer for the annual cheese rolling event to publicise more Jags merchandise. Has he no shame, doesn't he know cheese has feelings too? :angry:

That's it mate, make petty and glib replies when faced with the reality that Greaves used animal cruelty to make money.

I hear Gus is thinking about heading to Gloucestershire next summer for the annual cheese rolling event to publicise more Jags merchandise. Has he no shame, doesn't he know cheese has feelings too? :angry:

As long as its not an Airedale he is rolling, it should be ok!

My early post separated the bullfight from the bull run. However who is really missing the point or kidding who - see Cattle Abattoir:entire process, (YouTube) but it comes with a warning. Barbaric or not? Not posting it as not wanting to get into a raising game.

I am not a stupid little girl. I have been vegetarian for 4 years I am well aware of whats involved with murdering of animals. But this thread not about it that - it's about greaves using animal cruelty to promote our new top!

:angry: Well that nearly had me reaching for the report button.

Personally I think the use of that word should have no place on a Jags forum. Perhaps you think it's above board to associate bears with stupidity, eagles as ultra nationalistic right of centre bores and worse of all pigs as sexually frustrated deviants with a carnal penchant for amphibians.

In short I find the use of that word degrading to the animals in question and in itself a form of mental cruelty :thumbdown:

I don't have a problem with folk on here who oppose the Bull Run and what it stands for etc.

However, the way I see is this:

The Jags fan in question travels to Pamplona, where he has been before and gets the adrenaline rush/buzz off the run. Afterwards or during the holiday he meets new folk from around the world.

I'm not going to judge him or anyone else on what they choose to do on holiday, obviously if they're not breaking the law. In saying that, all runners run the risk of death, it can be very dangerous.

Some folk choose to lie in the sun and do nothing on holiday, some go to the Bull Run, some hurl their bodies down a hill in England in that cheese rolling contest and some throw tomatoes at one another. I'm not diverting away from the animal cruelty aspect at all but it's held in another country where it's part of their culture - like it or not.

Did Greaves use this as a possible publicity stunt for the strip and the company itself? I don't know, they may well have. Then again Gus could not of been photographed or filmed as much as he was which would mean we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

If Greaves were unable to dispatch a new strip to Spain in time then Gus would have worn an older Jags top, simple.

:angry: Well that nearly had me reaching for the report button.

Personally I think the use of that word should have no place on a Jags forum. Perhaps you think it's above board to associate bears with stupidity, eagles as ultra nationalistic right of centre bores and worse of all pigs as sexually frustrated deviants with a carnal penchant for amphibians.

In short I find the use of that word degrading to the animals in question and in itself a form of mental cruelty :thumbdown:

Oh the comedy continues! If only Bull fighting was funny!

If Greaves were unable to dispatch a new strip to Spain in time then Gus would have worn an older Jags top, simple.

And thats fine. I just wouldn't think much of him for doing it. My problem as I have already said is Greaves going out their way to get this guy the top on time for the run. I find that disgusting and so Greaves have lost my custom.

If this guy is paraded in front of the crowd as some sort of legend, I will happily stand and boo him.

I am not a stupid little girl. I have been vegetarian for 4 years I am well aware of whats involved with murdering of animals. But this thread not about it that - it's about greaves using animal cruelty to promote our new top!

I cannot recall seeing anyone calling you a 'stupid little girl', if they did they should be ashamed of themselves.

This thread was an is not about Greaves using animal cruelty to promote our new top, it was about a fan who happened to appear in some pictures/videos. The thread was then hijacked 'greaves using animal cruelty to promote our new top' Check the start of the thread, the rest came later.

Fell free to add a new thread if you wish in the non football section.

Oh the comedy continues! If only Bull fighting was funny!

Aw come oan, I dont think anyone is saying it's funny. An over the top reaction from some I reckon but let's not take away from the fact Gus was photographed wearing his Jags top while doing a bull run (as opposed to actual bullfighting) as part of another countries culture...anything more is sheer speculation ;).

Now disagreeing with that culture is fine by me but let's stop blowing this out of proportion...get to greaves and buy the top, you know you want to :D ...or will your moral stance be held until the away top comes out? Maybe you never intend to buy anything from Greaves again :o

Awesome photo and video - magic bit of exposure for the new top. Wouldn't catch me doing that!

What a sanctimonious joyless shower some of the folk are on this site, I genuinely had a wee rush of pride when I saw our top in the middle of the pictures and can't believe folk are trying to make it into a negative thing.

Yes - folk can object to bull running etc - absolutely valid argument - but come on - the club needs the publicity and this was great publicity - they don't have to be dragged into the politics of every different opinion.

This kind of reaction is the reason everybody walks around on eggshells all the time in case of offending someone.

Give it a rest and cheer up.

And thats fine. I would just think that he is a twat for doing it. My problem as I have already said is Greaves going out their way to get this guy the top on time for the run. I find that disgusting and so Greaves have lost my custom.

If this guy is paraded in front of the crowd as some sort of legend, I will happily stand and boo him.

Simmer down. So he wears a Jags top on holiday, big deal. You have a problem with where he is wearing his strip, fair doos, I can accept that however I'm going to go about judging folk and think any less or more of the guy.

Why would he be paraded in front of the support? If someone who attends the Bull Run is somehow entitled to a glorified parade in front of the support then why not do the same for all the Jag fans in the Emergency Services who save lives everyday.

No one is going to be paraded and there's no need to call anyone names. Folk in charge of the last forum chucked it because members wouldn't stick to the rules.

Edited by northernsoul