Jags Fan Chased By Bull

Martin

ooof wasn't going to bother posting on this but I'll try and give a balanced view....

I'm a veggie and been involved in animal welfare work etc and dislike the bull run and bull fighting etc , But as some people have pointed out the treatment of some animals in slaughterhouses is sometimes out of order eg abuse before being killed etc So I do find it odd when people that happily eat aniamls will complain about other animal abuse issues, On a positive note my dad has been educated and learned that bulls get killed after the run, so bit of a positive if people are finding out information they didn't previously know etc

Not a fan of bullfighting but some people are, Can't change what everyone does or thinks etc so not to bothered by the photo in all honesty

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simmer down. So he wears a Jags top on holiday, big deal. You have a problem with where he is wearing his strip, fair doos, I can accept that however I'm going to go about judging folk and think any less or more of the guy.

Why would he be paraded in front of the support? If someone who attends the Bull Run is somehow entitled to a glorified parade in front of the support then why not do the same for all the Jag fans in the Emergency Services who save lives everyday.

No one is going to be paraded and there's no need to call anyone names. Folk in charge of the last forum chucked it because members wouldn't stick to the rules.

Do you even get the point here at all? Sorry let me explain. The guy can wear his strip on holiday where ever he wants doing what ever the heck he likes. My problem is simple - Greaves going out their way to get him the top so he could wear it Thursday. That is my problem.

Breaking forum rules or stating the truth? If admin feel am being outline then they can tell me themselves.

Do you even get the point here at all? Sorry let me explain. The guy can wear his strip on holiday where ever he wants doing what ever the heck he likes. My problem is simple - Greaves going out their way to get him the top so he could wear it Thursday. That is my problem.

Breaking forum rules or stating the truth? If admin feel am being outline then they can tell me themselves.

Wow, thanks for the patronizing reply. Feel free to call me a twat anytime you like in the future.

Why?

Because i have always found him to be a complete twat. On numerous occasions I have seen him verbally abuse Thistle fans who didn't join in with his 'drunken banter'. I've seen him been thrown out of at least three matches for being abusive towards stewards ( or being picked on as his devout followers will have you believe). He's also been so drunk at games that he finds it okay to pish in the middle of a street in broad daylight with families close by. All while wearing the Thistle strip.

He might be a legend to some people on here but that says more about them than him. Personally i find him an embaressment to the club at times.

I'm off to Arran next week and have been reconsidering my options on a quality break with the family in light of this animal cruelty thread:

- no tennis or badminton with my daughter as some poor big cow has had their guts reconstituted for the catgut strings

- no football with my boy as the baw is covered inleather ... plus we might tread on some poor wee beasties on the grass

- no trip to lamlash as the idea of innocent lambs on the lash is pure cruel

- no trip with the missus to soapmaker arran aromatics as bits of sheep are used to make soap and bathing products

- we'll be a firehazard as the campfire will have to burn through the night ... cow hooves are used in extinguishing foam

- no trip to the arran brewery either knowing that fish bits are used to keep the juice uncloudy

- no eating/drinking off clay fired plates/cups as they're made from useless old cow bones so hungry as well as thirsty

- and I was going to go up Goat Fell again but those 860metres will not be challenged this year as its name is a byword for animal cruelty.

Feck me I don't know what I'll get up to so alternative suggestions would be most welcome!

I'm off to Arran next week and have been reconsidering my options on a quality break with the family in light of this animal cruelty thread:

- no tennis or badminton with my daughter as some poor big cow has had their guts reconstituted for the catgut strings

- no football with my boy as the baw is covered inleather ... plus we might tread on some poor wee beasties on the grass

- no trip with the missus to soapmaker arran aromatics as bits of sheep are used to make soap and bathing products

- we'll be a firehazard as the campfire will have to burn through the night ... cow hooves are used in extinguishing foam

- no trip to the arran brewery either knowing that fish bits are used to keep the juice uncloudy

- no eating/drinking off clay fired plates/cups as they're made from useless old cow bones so hungry as well as thirsty

- and I was going to go up Goat Fell again but those 860metres will not be challenged this year as its name is a byword for animal cruelty.

Feck me I don't know what I'll get up to so alternative suggestions would be most welcome!

All these things are fine as long as Greaves haven't given you a shirt for some animal cruel publicity.. :thumbsup2:

All valid points, vegetarians are fine with not eating meat, but are not bothered when it comes to other byproducts of various parts of animals? Not saying all, but I'd say the vast majority. You also forgot to mention that many beers (& other alcoholic drinks) are made with parts of fish bladder, so no beer for you!

I don't mind people having opinions, life is about differing opinions, but that doesn't mean that just because others (the majority) disagree that they are wrong.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Can't believe this thread has turned out like this, only on a Thistle forum right enough.

What most people arguing their beliefs forget is that it is only THEIR beliefs , it doesn't make you right.

You could argue all night , if one person believes one thing, and another believes something else, you won't get far.

Can we all please stop trying to make points from one side or the other,if you have already made your feelings on the matter clear, it makes no difference how much more you say it , all your doing after that is ramming your personal opinions down the throats of everyone else.

Geezo

My thoughts exactly, It actually makes me sick! Thinking about it I think I would rather go without Jags merchandise than buy from a shop which thinks bull fighting is an appropriate way to market the new top.

Once again, you have not produced a scrap of evidence that Greaves thinks what you are claiming that they think.

All valid points, vegetarians are fine with not eating meat, but are not bothered when it comes to other byproducts of various parts of animals? Not saying all, but I'd say the vast majority. You also forgot to mention that many beers (& other alcoholic drinks) are made with parts of fish bladder, so no beer for you!

I don't mind people having opinions, life is about differing opinions, but that doesn't mean that just because others (the majority) disagree that they are wrong.

Someone clearly doesn't know there's a difference between vegetarianism and veganism. And the vast majority of beers are vegetarian, for someone who doesn't drink it's strange you're such an expert in alcohol.

Once again, you have not produced a scrap of evidence that Greaves thinks what you are claiming that they think.

Apart from the link posted earlier in the thread from a company Greaves thank for providing the top to launch it at the bull run? That coupled with the top being made available early to someone going to the bull run when they wouldn't hand it out a day early to just anyone would suggest they were fully aware of the purpose and hoped to gain from it. Unless of course in your demands for cast iron proof you have evidence to the contrary?

I find it an absolute disgrace that the Club accept sponsorship money from McGhee's.

Are the Club not aware the cruelty that animals have gone through on the way to becoming the filling for the pie's, that this company sell. Not only do we accept money from them as sponsors of the Club, we put their name across the front of our website.

That to me says Partick Thistle endorses animal cruelty. I'm not going back to Firhill again.

Apart from the link posted earlier in the thread from a company Greaves thank for providing the top to launch it at the bull run? That coupled with the top being made available early to someone going to the bull run when they wouldn't hand it out a day early to just anyone would suggest they were fully aware of the purpose and hoped to gain from it. Unless of course in your demands for cast iron proof you have evidence to the contrary?

You and the other poster are making an accusation, so it's up to you to provide evidence. I'm not making accusations, so I need to prove nothing.

Only this Forum and some members can turn what was without doubt a great bit of publicity for the club and the strip into nothing more than Im better than you na na na na.

Get a grip I too know Gus and yes he has a drink but is not a drunk...there are many Thistle supporters who go to games and through drink get louder and louder...but its not about that its about Gus and others taking an opportunity and marketing it well...well done to Gus and well done to Greaves..... who without we would have a very poor excuse for merchandise...please everyone get a grip

Yet another positive thread ruined by a few sanctimonious tossers.

Some of the threads on here do nothing to dispel the view that Thistle supporters are a bunch of politically correct, west end luvvies. It's nauseating.

Only on a Thistle forum could a discussion about positive advertising for the club, turn into a debate about animal cruelty.