Jags Fan Chased By Bull

Martin

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. Don't know what the protocol is with copyright (assume need to get the snapper's permission) but in any case I'd have thought our shirt sponsors would be interested.

You can contact the photographer through Getty's who the picture was taken for, it's only available from their website for "editorial" use, but it gives you the option to contact them to try and sort out alternative uses, so if anyone from the club is reading, here you go.

Definately Gus.... http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/sanfermines-2011/rne-narra-tercer-encierro-san-fermin-2011-imagenes/1149534/

see @1.00 to 1.38 & 2.19

Took a tumble but looks as if he is ok.

Fair play to him, though there must be easier ways to check out the suspect quality of the new strip!

is it just me or at 53 seconds in this video does the guy say ' kiddie fiddler'!

A disgusting way to treat animals. No strip sales from me Greaves.

I agree. Can't believe other jags fans think this "ok" and all a bit of a laugh. Am all for thistle having a bit of publicity but would rather the club I support was not associated with such a disgusting sport. Was going to buy the top on pay day but think I shall pass now.

And too think some fans want this picture framed - What part of this is ok with you? I would rather we frame a picture of one Doolan's great goals or a great Fox save! Just my opinion of course!

Can I just get this straight, people are refusing to buy the new strip because of this photo? Can anyone explain the rationale behind this because I'm genuinely perplexed.

Greaves are using Bullfighting/Bullrunning as a way to market the new Jags top. They knew what Gus was going to do when they gave him the top early.

Greaves are using Bullfighting/Bullrunning as a way to market the new Jags top. They knew what Gus was going to do when they gave him the top early.

I detest the whole bullfighting/bullrunning thing, but I think that some people might be over-reacting here. There's no evidence that Greaves, the club, or the sponsor are using what the guy did "to market" any product. The guy asked if he could get the top early, and they obliged.

Can we now expect a full blown protest at our next match by a bunch of Animal rights campainers?

Edited by Dr.D

On my last visit to Firhill, I thought I would treat myself to a steak and gravy pie. Imagine my horror, when my friend informed me that the strips of meat I was enjoying, were in fact, the remains of a cow.

Needless to say, I have no intention of returning.

You should've had a Firhill scotch pie instead. Not much fear of finding any meat in one. :thumbsup2:

Anyone that thinks this or anything else associated with bullfighting or the Pamplona bull run is a bit of a laugh is quite simply a moron. Torturing, maiming and then killing animals for entertainment is obscene.

The thought of people actually wanting a photo associating Thistle with this put up at Firhill disgusts me.

Only on this forum would this happen <_<

It's a brilliant photo and a bit of fun.

Exactly. What I see in the picture is a Jags diehard joining in a run with a bunch of Basque locals and proudly sporting his new Jags top for readers of the world to behold.

Not quite an image of Gus brandishing an array of chibs preparing to mutilate a helpless beast. I think some of us need to lighten up a wee bit now and again.

Only on this forum would this happen <_<

It's a brilliant photo and a bit of fun.

Exactly. What I see in the picture is a Jags diehard joining in a run with a bunch of Basque locals and proudly sporting his new Jags top for readers of the world to behold.

Not quite an image of Gus brandishing an array of chibs preparing to mutilate a helpless beast. I think some of us need to lighten up a wee bit now and again.

Wee Gus is an absolute legend. PROUD TO BE A JAGS FAN!

As much as i'm no big fan of the new top, i echo the posts like those above.