Conrad Balatoni

Alan Murray

To sign tomorrow - or Thursday at the latest. Will be playing in tomorrow's game against Motherwell. All according to the boy's own tweets! Good stuff, if it turns out to be true. And we should still go for the Gallagher lad if we can get him - I see Archie's already a doubt for tomorrow - shape of things to come...

To sign tomorrow - or Thursday at the latest. Will be playing in tomorrow's game against Motherwell. All according to the boy's own tweets! Good stuff, if it turns out to be true. And we should still go for the Gallagher lad if we can get him - I see Archie's already a doubt for tomorrow - shape of things to come...

great news, Balatoni, that is, not Archies injury!! hopefully he recovers soon, we do need him. I just hope we are not pinning to much on Balatoni making everything rosy within the squad, albeit would rather he is with us, makes the defence a bit more secure looking, he is experienced with us rather than relying to much on the youngsters, but no doubt we will need them also

If this turns out to be true then that will be great. also agree regards Gallagher, if he is good enough then we should try get him. I am worried bout Archie. Two bad injuries over the last couple of years and hearing he injured one of his knees on saturday is a real concern. A fully fit Archie is still one of the best defenders in the division, in my opinion.

Would be good to see Balatoni and Gallagher sign.

With due respect to Archie, and he's a player whose jersey I have sponsored, he's probably had better seasons than the past one. In fact, in some ways, Robbo was a more all-round defender.

So I guess I'm saying that we need to have a bit of succession planning in defence. Get those youngsters integrated and playing as a tight unit in front of the Fox-meister!

Would be good to see Balatoni and Gallagher sign.

Yep well said, Gallacher is only 18 and already shows some very promising signs. Great if we can get Balatoni though I am presuming it would only be on loan and Gallacher waiting in the wings so if Balatoni goes back to Hearts, or any other defender leaves Gallacher is pretty much ready to go into the first team.

Signing tomorrow morning for 6 months, apparently, again, according to his latest tweet.

(Amazing what you can discover on Twitter - only just come across it; brilliant for signing news straight from the horse's mouth, as it were, although I'm not sure I should know that Conrad's girlfriend snores!... :unsure: )

very good news, hope he gets a good reception tomorrow night, you would think he's maybe had 1 or 2 offers elsewhere from 1st division teams but has decided to come back to us.awra best conrad son, giesa goal the morra night.craigans testimonial or not, I would love to see us beat Mwell, hate they ********!

Good news but I'd still like one more experienced head at the back, even better if he could fill in all across the back 4. Someone like the fella Robertson at Ayr.

Conrad is English born but of Hungarian extraction- is he the closest thing we've ever had to a 'Maryhill Magyar'?

Conrad is English born but of Hungarian extraction- is he the closest thing we've ever had to a 'Maryhill Magyar'?

I think one of the Gabors played for us in the early sixties.

Going by what McNamara is saying in the match preview we're also hoping to take Jonathan Stewart on loan from Hearts and are still assessing Gallagher & Boyle (he took a knock that's why he didn't feature at Grangemouth).

Anyone know much about the lad from Hearts?

Looks like the Stewart fella is the one who was on loan to Dundee for the 2nd part of the season more HERE

I was at the 0-0 game in March against Dundee and altho' he played that day I can't mind him.

Looks like he is a tough tackling strong midfielder. We need somebody like that because we really have nobody else to the dirty work in midfield if rowser is injured.

Jackie seemed to hint he had done his budget in an interview last week so glad that’s not the case and we are looking to bring in more.

Anyone know much about the lad from Hearts?

From what I've heard, he's a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none. I recall him playing against us at Firhill and I actually thought he was the guy who played Junior football and had donated his testimonial money to Dundee. Take from that what you will...

Looks like he is a tough tackling strong midfielder. We need somebody like that because we really have nobody else to the dirty work in midfield if rowser is injured.

Jackie seemed to hint he had done his budget in an interview last week so glad that’s not the case and we are looking to bring in more.

I've always thought Kyle Lochhead could play the Rowson role if called on.

Rowser is rarely injured and his fitness never a problem so I'd hope there's some versatility about Johnny Stewart. Otherwise the guy could spend much of his loan spell at best on the bench and I can't see why Hearts would send a lad out on loan if he doesn't get played much.

Also has someone moved the goalposts re our budget? Seemed last week that we were at best one loanee and one signing away from max and even then we were short on Balatoni. Somehow we've come up with extra finance to get Conrad back and are still looking to strengthen with another loan player plus trialing Gallagher & Boyle. Starting to look like a not bad squad at all :thumbsup2:

Good that Balatoni's signed. Not so sure about the other Hearts loan player. Another loan defender, yes as we're still thin at the back but I'd hope Stewart doesn't get pushed ahead of the likes of Bannigan and Campbell just because he's on loan.

We want to bring on our own young playes first.

Edit to reply to LIB. The OS did say there was a big demand for the Celtic friendly. Maybe they've already gotten enough cash in to stretch the budget to another couple of players?

Edit again: OS now saying pay at the gate so maybe not, after all.

Edited by Mr Bunny