Malmo 1-0

Big Dave

:lol:

Aye, the BBC seem to have it in for him, for some reason. BBC Scotland did a bit of stitch up job on him on Friday's news, apparently. Maybe he humped some editor's wife and this is his shot at revenge!

Perhaps because McCoist had a hissy fit at the BBC and demanded an apology before we would speak to them. ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The notion we should wish the old firm well in Europe every single year so when the once in a lifetime (if you live that long) chance to see Thistle in Europe means we get drawn against a 'bigger team' is straight jacket material.

Lets face it we are never going to be in any competition long enough to get drawn against Barcelona or AC Milan and frankly I don't care if it's an Estonian team or a Belgian team we play.

Although I understand the arguments about co-efficients etc, there is no way I could ever bring myself to wish anything other than a humiliating defeat on Rangers.

I understand them perfectly, and in principal I have been a supporter of the co-efficient ideal in the past, however the co-efficient failed us a few years back when we were forced to play an important cup tie midweek , a tie that took forever to come about also in the best interests of the co-efficient , so now I refuse to accept the co-efficient as a basis for supporting all scottish teams in europe.

The co-efficient f***ed PTFC up the ar*e that year

They're out, a nation rejoices!

But was this anything to do with the News of the World and the latest phone-hacking scandal? I heard that they hacked Craig Whyte's phone and put a tenner in it!

Co-efficient my a***, this was always about them making as much money for their club as possible.

What about:

Whittaker off

Boughera off

Champions league oot

£15 million down the drain.

Goodwillie says no.

If carlsberg done Wednesday nights!

Just received this text:

Maybe Whyte & McCoist should consider each selling a kidney. Could put £56,000 into the h*ns budget for this season.

Had a chuckle at this on the BBC

Despite there being no Scottish team in the group stage of the Champions League for the first time since 2002-03, Doncaster defended the quality of the SPL.

"We've got players like David Goodwillie who has just gone to Blackburn for a multi-million pound sum," he said.

"And we've certainly got a very good representation of managers south of the border."

Aye, Neil. Goodwillie playing for Blackburn in the English Premier League and there being lots of Scottish managers in the same league is a ringing endorsement of the SPL :blink:

Had a chuckle at this on the BBC

Aye, Neil. Goodwillie playing for Blackburn in the English Premier League and there being lots of Scottish managers in the same league is a ringing endorsement of the SPL :blink:

I saw that, and it really annoys me because they are using this to defend two things:

1) The Old Firm dominance - Rangers will lose a lot more than the rest of the teams combined.

2) The lack of will by the SFA/SPL etc to do anything to sort out our real problems so that this kind of money becomes a nice wee bonus instead of something we think we desperately need.

We're told losing this game means Rangers lose out on serious money. Seems to me they don't help themselves. They must have been aware there was a strong likelihood of playing a team well into their season yet they go into the game with players either just getting clearance the day of the match or just about to leave the club.

I've no idea whether Malmo are a better team than Rangers but rather suspect that they won't be. Rangers lack of preparation when playing a settled team was possibly the equivalent of giving a goal start to Malmo.

Anyway not our problem.

Don't blame it on the sunshine

Don't blame it on the moonlight

Don't blame it on the good times

Blame it on the boogie

I just can't

I just can't

I just can't stand the h*ns

They just can't

They just can't

They just can't control their feet

Blame it on the boogie

-------------------------------------

Roll on the Europa qualifying, can't wait

I think it's an excellent result for Scottish football. If either of the Old Firm do well in the "Champions" League, it simply means the gulf between them and the rest will increase. It would also mean that they would be even more likely to spunk all their money on expensive, average foreign players.

Also, the more our clubs are embarrassed in Europe, the more pressure there is for radical change in our game which can only be a good thing.

But to be honest, apart from a Thistle win, nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing the scum from Govan failing in Europe. McCoist had better make peace with the BBC as soon as possible as I have a feeling he might be needing his old job on a Question Of Sport back.

What he said.

What about:

Whittaker off

Boughera off

Champions league oot

£15 million down the drain.

Goodwillie says no.

If carlsberg done Wednesday nights!

Bougherra will be off to Qatar to play. Rangers have a hole in the budget to plug and need the cash. The Bartley loan deal has been confirmed so Bougherra will be gone within a few days.