Team For Tomorrow

Mr Bunny

It's almost not worth doing as with our tight squad there's not much to choose from. Only doubt is I think playing or not playing Archie. I think they'll start without him but maybe bring him on later in the game to get some match practice for next week. Same with Cairney.

Scott Fox

Paul Paton Willie Kinniburgh Conrad Balatoni Aaron Sinclair

Stuart Bannigan David Rowson Iain Flannigan

Chris Erskine

Kris Doolan Tommy Stewart

Subs Scully, Archie, Cairney, Fraser, Campbell

Edited by Mr Bunny

Think we'll go with a strong starting eleven and hopefully bring on younger players later. Doesn't say on official site whether Robertson is match fit or not.

One interesting nugget from Wednesday's "meet the managerial team" was that Jackie seems more than keen to try the young guys but accepted that he had asked too much of a bunch of youngsters and trialists at Dumbarton. I can't see much change from the usual pattern of sticking them on late in the game if we are looking comfortable.

Think we'll go with a strong starting eleven and hopefully bring on younger players later. Doesn't say on official site whether Robertson is match fit or not.

Scott Robertson should be match fit after playing in Iceland. It would be too risky to give him a start without any pre-season games for us. A place on the bench would be logical.

Fox

Paton

Kinniburgh

Archibald/Balatoni

Sinclair

Flannigan

Cairney/Bannigan

Rowson

Erskine

Stewart

Doolan

Subs

Scully

Campbell

Balatoni/Archibald

Robertson

Cairney/Bannigan

Grehan

Edited by kni

Doubt Archie will make squad. Balatoni to play and Fraser or Burns to make the bench.

If Archie is out, the subs should be Scully, Campbell, Robertson, Cairney/Bannigan and a striker. Grehan has not impressed in pre-season games so Burns or Fraser could get the place on the bench.

If Archie is out, the subs should be Scully, Campbell, Robertson, Cairney/Bannigan and a striker. Grehan has not impressed in pre-season games so Burns or Fraser could get the place on the bench.

to be fair I've only seen us against Celtic so far and Burns, Fraser and Grehan all impressed in the time they were on. Bannigan i felt got better the longer that game went on. Cairney looked really sharp but his game was cut short with an injury.

If Cairney is fit, i'd start with him tomorrow. Reading match preview I just can't see Archie featuring.

Grehan should make the bench but think either Fraser or Burns will also make the bench.

If we pick up the pace, think we'll win by at least 3.

Fox

Campbell

Kinniburgh

Balatoni

Sinclair

Bannigan

Rowson

Cairney

Erskine

Stewart

Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Robertson

Flannigan

Fraser

Grehan

I nearly always agree with your selections but Bannigan infront of Flannigan?

I thought he was excellent last week, very nearly my man of the match,

I nearly always agree with your selections but Bannigan infront of Flannigan?

I thought he was excellent last week, very nearly my man of the match,

Same with Paton, Flannigan will be an important player for us & especially next week. Give Bannigan some more game time & give Cairney a game to get him fit for next week.

We should be able to rest a few players & still win tomorrow.

Same with Paton, Flannigan will be an important player for us & especially next week. Give Bannigan some more game time & give Cairney a game to get him fit for next week.

We should be able to rest a few players & still win tomorrow.

It would be good for those two to get more game time, but we need to be gelling this team for next week so we need to field the strongest side. The side that plays tomorrow should be the team that plays next week (apart from Archie).

It would be good for those two to get more game time, but we need to be gelling this team for next week so we need to field the strongest side. The side that plays tomorrow should be the team that plays next week (apart from Archie).

I find it strange to be more or less agreeing with above. We've effectively only brought in one new player that would start in our strongest side so the team should be ready for next week. Normally I'd be anticipating a good few 1st team regulars to be held back.

It appears tho' that Jackie needs to play as many of his best starting eleven as possible more from the formation point of view, which looks like it still needs a bit of ironing out.