Just In

Lionel J. Botch

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About sums it up. Conroy is a f*ckin tube, last 10 minutes he gave some dodgy decisions and is a absolute joke :mad2::mad2::mad2:

On the plus side, that second half performance was much more like.

Dundee are shockingly poor. Their fans are scum of the earth and it's safe to say my weekend mood has been totally ruined by a tosser of a ref!!!!

The ref sold the game but we should have had it wrapped up earlier on. Only ourselves to blame (and the ref). Erskine again had a terrible game and blazing a shot over the bar and wide when he had two players he could just roll it to.

The ref had a bad game and awarding a penalty when the player dives over the defenders leg summed up his afternoon.

The new boy Robertson looked solid in the middle of the park and when he was subbed the midfield seemed to fall apart. Not many players would get pass marks for their performance. sinclair had a good game and drived forward plenty of times so that is one plus point for this afternoon. Too many long balls up to no one and doolan and stewart were stuggling to get into the game. Fox had one decent save to make when the ball was crossed in and it was fired straight at him.

We shouldnt have lost the game and should have at least of got a point from it but the scum that is dundee are away with all the points. It shows what scum they are when a fight breaks out in the middle of their supporters and has to get the polis and the stewards to break up their own fans.

Not a happy man but its only one game in and we were robbed by the ref so im gonna have a voddy and chill and try get the thoughts of me knocking the ref out out of my head.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I thought we actually played very well today only to be yet again shafted by an incompetent official. Seemed to me like every debatable decision went the way of Dundee all day long and the penalty looked like a total bloody joke, having said that I was at the other end of the ground but judging by the reaction of the rest of the Thistle fans I don't think I'm wrong :angry:

Wouldn't it be nice just for once to get a ref at Firhill that is blatantly biased to us :thinking:

I thought we actually played very well today only to be yet again shafted by an incompetent official. Seemed to me like every debatable decision went the way of Dundee all day long and the penalty looked like a total bloody joke, having said that I was at the other end of the ground but judging by the reaction of the rest of the Thistle fans I don't think I'm wrong :angry:

Wouldn't it be nice just for once to get a ref at Firhill that is blatantly biased to us :thinking:

Im utterly shocked that you assume that a SCOTTISH referee could be biased!!!!!!!!!!!!. :(

Well, we can see where some of the 94p in the £ was spent, anyway.

Dundee FC really epitomise so much of what's wrong with Scottish football - not just the tedious long-ball game and the lumbering, physical centre-backs, but the succession of professional fouls. It would be inconceivable at any level of the game in Germany, that when a professional athlete is brought down and left lying in the penalty box, the game is neither stopped nor anyone penalised. It would not be allowed to happen there that a player (Erskine) outran another and took possession of the ball cleanly, only to be penalised for his effort.

Erskine, Sinclair and Doolan will all have a fair few bruises after today's outing, I'm sure.

Unfortunately, we're looking at a game that's losing paying customers because it rewards both financial profligacy and on-field physicality - it's a return on and off the park to the origins of the game in the 19th century.

Scunnered with that display, but there are two lessons to be learned: it's pointless hoping for officials to get things right, and our shooting needs some serious practice if it's to result in goals.

Agreed - Thought we played well today but need to sharpen up in front of goal.

Penalty largely came because we didnt clear our lines. SInclair and Erskine fannied about with it & put Archie in a shit position. The penalty though was soft.

Liked the look of Robertson - he looked shattered midway through the second half and he clearly still needs a bit of match sharpness (I hope, otherwise he is rather slow!)

Not sure Jackie Mac really fancies Grehan - it didnt really happen for the front 2 yet Grehan didnt get the shout...

Macnamara looked like he didn't give a ****. He's made a tidy wage in his playing career and is now just happy for a wee adventure in management. There was no competition for the job and it probably won't matter to him if he fails. How many times have we tried this rookie manager nonsense and it never, ever works for us. A waste of time. Every time we play that mob the same thing happens. It's embarrassing. The squad is decent but they will be led by a moron.

Agreed - Thought we played well today but need to sharpen up in front of goal.

Penalty largely came because we didnt clear our lines. SInclair and Erskine fannied about with it & put Archie in a shit position. The penalty though was soft.

Liked the look of Robertson - he looked shattered midway through the second half and he clearly still needs a bit of match sharpness (I hope, otherwise he is rather slow!)

Not sure Jackie Mac really fancies Grehan - it didnt really happen for the front 2 yet Grehan didnt get the shout...

I think Robertson is just slow, but he did ok with it today, never going to do much with the ball but closed down well and was a physical presence.

Think Riley might have been offside for the goal, came from Sinclair taking a touch too many but it was a terrible terrible decision. Have to agree with Fearchar's assessment of the game although I think both the Dundee centre backs are actually relatively decent with the ball at feet.

Macnamara looked like he didn't give a ****. He's made a tidy wage in his playing career and is now just happy for a wee adventure in management. There was no competition for the job and it probably won't matter to him if he fails. How many times have we tried this rookie manager nonsense and it never, ever works for us. A waste of time. Every time we play that mob the same thing happens. It's embarrassing. The squad is decent but they will be led by a moron.

Think this is an utterly ridiculous reaction to todays game. i thought we were very good in parts and certainly did not deserve to lose. We lost due to blatant cheating and an inept referee and linesman. Really dont see how this is Jackies fault. I am the first person to criticise when i feel it is needed but at a loss as to how anyone could blame McNamara for today. Would it have been easier to take if Jackie had jumped about like a twat like McVeigh?

Were we the better team today? Did we play the better football? Did we deserve to lose? in order: Yes Yes and No. Settle yersel, it wisnae Jackie's fault. Sharpening up in the final third is required, other than that I think we done well today against a team whose fans expect them to win this league by at least 10 clear points (I laughed at that when one said it to me pre-match, I found it a feckin hilarious concept half way through the 2nd half).

Nonsense. He wants to do well just as the rest of us want the team to do well. He seemed animated on the touchline, more so than last season, but you don't need to be animated to be a good manager, see Dick Campbell.

Anyone else think if Sinclair hadn't been named man of the match literally 10s before he would just have blootered the ball clear instead of trying to go on a run?

Played not bad, but plenty room for improvement. The front 2 didn't really work. Rowson MOTM for me. Balatoni had a stinker when he came on.

Got to admit it looked like a penalty from where I was, albeit a soft one.

First time I've had a chance to see this season's squad. Sinclair is great, and for me worked hard enough and played enough moves to be a convincing LM when Erskine's off form. Erskine being pushed up to a front-three doesn't seem to work and he's more comfortable back a bit. Perhaps if Erskine gets injured this season, Sinclair should move up and Lindsay (assuming he's not out the picture) slots in at left back.

Archie had a good game and Kinniburgh was solid enough up to his injury. Balatoni had a 'mare when he came on and I hope Kinniburgh just had a knock and is back quickly. Paton's crossing and movement wasn't as good as Sinclair's and he's probably a bit grateful he hasn't much competition for his position.

Robertson looked like someone who could do a bit of a shift if we can get him to match fitness. Cairney was okay without making much of an impact, and Rowson was his usual bullish self but not one of his better games. Erskine had a very quiet first half but picked up a lot when he dropped back a bit in the second. Doolan and Stewart had a frustrating day and I think they need to get slightly fitter although the service wasn't there today.

Frustrating, but not terrible. Despite the result Dundee look much less of a threat going forward this season. They looked a lot like we did when Buchanan was injured a couple of seasons back. Neat but not especially incisive.

Ridiculous decision.Absolute baws from the ref.

1st half crap,second half much better. Thought we looked so much better for having archie back, he's so key if we're to have a decent season. Robbo in midfield worked ok though he's clearly short of match fitness, but he could be a decent signing, reminded me of big davie moss in the 90s, looks like he'll be good for a goal or two surging into the box.

Doolan played well, held it up well and good in the air. He needs more help, Stewart is frustrating, nice touch, intelligent player,but no pace. Basically from what I've saw he's a younger Simon Donnelly.

Draw would have been fair result, poor officiating, if we build on that second half performance, no reason why we cant beat Falkirk next week.

Our squad is threadbare. We really had nothing on the bench today. I'd rather a youngster with a turn of pace on the bench than Grehan.

to be fair I thought we were very lucky when ref gave us a free kick after Fox tried to dribble his way our of his own box - was never a free kick and should have been a goal to Dundee. Refs make wrong decisions all the time, over the season they balance out

Just knew something like that would happen, certainly not for the first time supporting Thistle, I am pig sick! Looking on the bright side, if this is going to be the standard in the 1st division this year, providing we lose the habit of not taking chances or losing stupid late goals(both, very big it's I grant you!) then we'll do all-right. Did I mention I f....mg hate Dundee it's a cesspit of humanity and as for Dungdee F.C., they rank alongside Airdrie and Rangers in my hate list. Got to say I couldn't see the penalty clearly, but judging from the reactions of those next to me......

Think Sinclair had a decent game an will only improve, will have hopefully learned a lesson about clearing his lines today however. Thought Erskine was ok, tried to create and make things happen but wrong decisions cost us, electing to pass when he should have shot and shot when he should have passed but was ok for me. Rowson was prety solid as usual and the backline played well until kinniburgh went off IMO. Balatoni had a bit of a shocker and looks low on confidence. Robertson didn't inpress me, felt the game passed him by at times and he is pretty slow looking, hope it is only a fitness thing, didn't get involved as much as I hope he would. Doolan and stewart worked hard but it didn't come off for him. Cairney was ok IMO but his Fresh air shot at erskines cut back in the box was pretty bad.

Just feel we were unlucky today, Dundee were solid but have lost a lot of guile going forward, their front two were pretty poor and I couldn't see them scoring today, the penalty being a gift from the ref dont think they will be in the running this season if that is the best they have to offer. We were the better tem however Our finishing was poor but we played well, certainly look more dangerous going forward than we did under McCall. If we can keep up that type of performance then we will do ok this season.