New Signing..

Vom Itorium

Should be interesting, hopefully he can do a good job. Jackie must see something in him to have signed him on a 2 year deal. Hey maybe he'll turn out to be awesome, remember the likes of DJ Campbell and Charlie Austin started in the lower leagues of English football. He also did score the goal in the Scotland U19 friendly.

Sounds like he's right sided so he'll offer us something different. The lad's evidently got real pace as has Sinclair down the left side.

:thinking: Does a twenty year old right midfielder turned striker with pace ring any bells? He's bound to be better than a certain gentleman we got on loan from across the river a few seasons back. Has to be :o

It's difficult to find much about Elliot online. This thread says that he is a winger - http://nonleaguezone.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83221&start=0

This comment is encouraging as his brother played for Sunderland in a pre-season friendly against Whitley Bay. "Brett Elliot is playing against his brother christie tomorrow.. don't know how christie hasn't been picked up by scouts cos I think he's the better of the two.." - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=614546

Don't mean to be a party pooper but Jackie says on the website that "Christie started playing wide right in midfield but he was moved up front and scored a lot of goals". Apart from four goals in pre-season against teams Whitley Bay beat 8-0 and 9-1, he has scored two goals. Are we that poor now that TWO goals is considered a lot?

Anyway, he's obviously shown up well in the friendly and managed to score a goal. If he is as quick as Jackie says then he should be a good addition but I'll wait and see for myself. It's a big step up from the level he's been playing at.

Right sided, fast, can cross a ball and scores goals. Sounds uncannily to me like a clone of Big Martin.

Pretty much all the attributes required of a right sided attacker in a 4-3-3.

Maybe, more importantly the attributes which could see us finally have a decent right sided midfielder in a 4-4-2.

Good luck him. It will be too premature to judge him before he is match fit.

While I appreciate we need to build for the future we simply cannot neglect our first team at the expense of it. I said that there possibly wasn't any money to bring in McManus due to the time it was taking to sort out a deal, I really doubt it now.

Edited by MWM

While I appreciate we need to build for the future we simply cannot neglect our first team at the expense of it. I said that there possibly wasn't any money to bring in McManus due to the time it was taking to sort out a deal, I really doubt it now.

Well I was wondering does this signing mean we aren't still looking for a central striker? Two players out so far in Grehan and Fraser on loan. Maybe someone has set enough aside for us to make one more signing.

Edited by jagfox

Pretty much all the attributes required of a right sided attacker in a 4-3-3.

Maybe, more importantly the attributes which could see us finally have a decent right sided midfielder in a 4-4-2.

Good luck him. It will be too premature to judge him before he is match fit.

Elliot should be match fit. He's played a few pre-season games for Whitley Bay, has trained with us and played for our under-19s.

Don't mean to be a party pooper but Jackie says on the website that "Christie started playing wide right in midfield but he was moved up front and scored a lot of goals". Apart from four goals in pre-season against teams Whitley Bay beat 8-0 and 9-1, he has scored two goals. Are we that poor now that TWO goals is considered a lot?

Anyway, he's obviously shown up well in the friendly and managed to score a goal. If he is as quick as Jackie says then he should be a good addition but I'll wait and see for myself. It's a big step up from the level he's been playing at.

Never underestimate just how poor our level of football is.