Personal Favourites

Kevin Budinaukas, Steve Welsh, Davie Craig, Paddy Kelly, David Lilley, Ryan McGowan, Ian Cameron, Tommy Smith, John Robertson, Calum Milne, Mark Roberts, James Grady, Paul Cairney, the other Aussie defender (not Madaschi) that was good at playing sweeper (forget his name).

Try making a team from that lot.

The h*ns were due to win the league that day and Alec's goal spoiled their party

Think they already had it won, it just dampened their day a wee bit.

We had got the point we needed against Falkirk the week before to stay up, so we went to Ibrox pretty relaxed on the last day. I always wonder what it would have been like if we still needed that point, and got it in the dying minutes against the hu.ns with that Alex Taylor goal, that would have been immense.

Its probably the only time in my life I remember Thistle doing something the easy way, getting a point the week before to ensure the Ibrox result would be irrelevant.

Kevin Budinaukas, Steve Welsh, Davie Craig, Paddy Kelly, David Lilley, Ryan McGowan :o , Ian Cameron, Tommy Smith, John Robertson, Calum Milne, Mark Roberts, James Grady, Paul Cairney, the other Aussie defender (not Madaschi) that was good at playing sweeper (forget his name).

surely not him from hearts!!!!!

Kevin Budinaukas, Steve Welsh, Davie Craig, Paddy Kelly, David Lilley, Ryan McGowan, Ian Cameron, Tommy Smith, John Robertson, Calum Milne, Mark Roberts, James Grady, Paul Cairney, the other Aussie defender (not Madaschi) that was good at playing sweeper (forget his name).

Simon Storey was the other Aussie defender. Wikipedia says that he has signed for Mohun Bagan in the top Indian league.

The Johnny Flood experience. Great player, but a really sad end to his Jags career.

Eddie Prudham. 4 appearances and 5 goals was it? Something like that anyway. Never heard of again.

Isaac English gave me some happy memories, including the last Jags goal in front of the Shed, and a personal fave, a winner at Dens, when I was living there! Work on Monday was fun.

John Buckley did the same for me at Firhill once, a free kick for 1-0 against Dundee midweek, and also helped rip Raith apart 5-1 at Starks Park. Did he not pass away or something?

Declan Roche! Remember his midweek cup televised strike at Brockville?

Happy days.

Edited by beep0608

Pittman, Tierney and Jamieson, I was only young at the time, did they all play at the same time and if so who was the right back in the 4?

Shout out to Isaac English as well.

Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the RB in that defence would have been Graeme Robertson?

I think he played for Dunfermline too. Blonde haired dude.

Nobby Clark, Andy Roxburgh, Davie Holt (too old by the time we got him but a class player), Billy Hainey.

My late father knew Davie Holt and he gave him an autograph book, which he got signed by Thistle and Aberdeen players. Alas, I'm not sure where it is now but can picture it. Time to go through the attic!

Good man, and very pleasing to see him mentioned here!

Nicky Henderson, Jamie Dolan, David Moss (totally undervalued), Andy Lyons, Derek McWilliams, Alex Taylor, Des McKeown, Ian Cameron ( or is he too good?) and Graeme Robertson - I always felt bad for him, he played every single game the season we got promoted and was released by Lambie at the end of the season. He wasn't great but he never hid, even when he was having a terrible game - which was brave but stupid cos he got pelters from the shed.