Corkey

angry gaz

has been for a while now...i think

I saw him a few weeks back (our kids do midweeks sports at the same venue) and we had a few words. He said "I'll be back" but I didn't ask for an explanation. He lives locally, so why not? I thought he did a decent job in difficult times, for what it's worth. I also think it was time to go when he did. Would I welcome him back one day? No comment as no opinion just now. It depends on too much but never say never.

I saw him a few weeks back (our kids do midweeks sports at the same venue) and we had a few words. He said "I'll be back" but I didn't ask for an explanation. He lives locally, so why not? I thought he did a decent job in difficult times, for what it's worth. I also think it was time to go when he did. Would I welcome him back one day? No comment as no opinion just now. It depends on too much but never say never.

Said at the game today that if Jackie were to go at any point this season then i would expect McCall to be in the running for it.....

But if the reasons are unexplained how would you know one way or other if they would have have any bearing on whether he could return in the future? :unsure:

Just think it's strange the way he left, why would he leave a good job unless he had something lined up? (Which he clearly didn't) Was he pushed or did he resign? Who knows, but something appears to have gone on (I know nothing, just doesn't seem right).

Just think it's strange the way he left, why would he leave a good job unless he had something lined up? (Which he clearly didn't) Was he pushed or did he resign? Who knows, but something appears to have gone on (I know nothing, just doesn't seem right).

He did have something lined up, then it didn't happen. He was out a job as a result, shit happens.

If the reasons he left are true, don't want him near the place, I will not make the reason I heard public as it could get this site in trouble if it is a lot of sh*te

Football fans and rumours don't walk hand-in-hand. Fact that he still cares enough to be there on a Saturday says it all. Towards the end I was getting as exasperated as most but the fact is he was operating on a shoestring budget and having to conjure up players from junior ranks etc. I wish him well...

Football fans and rumours don't walk hand-in-hand. Fact that he still cares enough to be there on a Saturday says it all. Towards the end I was getting as exasperated as most but the fact is he was operating on a shoestring budget and having to conjure up players from junior ranks etc. I wish him well...

I agree with this. He was not the best manager ever but he was the best we had for years on the lowest budget, and saw us stable for the first time in about a decade. If Jackie was to be unsuccessful, I wouldn't mind IM back, however it is still early days for JM and things could easily turn round as we haven't been too far off in the games we have played (except the Berwick game).

I thought the same until I hears the reason he was let go. If true then unforgivable

If the reasons he left are true, don't want him near the place, I will not make the reason I heard public as it could get this site in trouble if it is a lot of sh*te

Do these reasons still stand up as likely when the guy gets invited to the last game of the season and is involved in other Jags related social events?

Northern Soul's version is imo more likely the principal reason for his departure and along the lines of what I heard. In most cases where someone leaves suddenly with no alternative employment arranged all sorts of rumours are going to arise. The convincing ones are the ones based on half or quarter truths. The rumours I heard just don't stack up with the sociable relationship there still appears between McCall & Firhill. Still this is Jaggydom where nothing is ever straightforward.

Do these reasons still stand up as likely when the guy gets invited to the last game of the season and is involved in other Jags related social events?

Northern Soul's version is imo more likely the principal reason for his departure and along the lines of what I heard. In most cases where someone leaves suddenly with no alternative employment arranged all sorts of rumours are going to arise. The convincing ones are the ones based on half or quarter truths. The rumours I heard just don't stack up with the sociable relationship there still appears between McCall & Firhill. Still this is Jaggydom where nothing is ever straightforward.

Hence the reason he wasn't sacked and is still employable with other teams, just not us.

There are two possible reasons for McCall leaving and I think both rule him out of a return. Firstly, I too have heard the rumours and if true then no way should he be back. The rumours could be rubbish, which leads to the next 'reason', he had been assured of the Falkirk job then Broon Shoes never got sacked, leaving McCall out of work. If the second 'reason' is true then I still wouldn't want him back. First he was on his way up to Dundee before the 2 Clubs had agreed compo, then he quits as he expected to take the Falkirk job when it became available. Seemed too keen to jump ship imo.

If both those 'reasons' are totally false, then I'd want to know why he left before he ever came back. Think it's the least we as fans would deserve.