Kyle Hutton Coming On Loan?

jasmclaughlin

Should, and emphasis on should, be a good signing. He's played very much a holding role whenever he has played for Rangers and that role is significantly easier when you have decent players around you. I hope we don't expect him to become our saviour in the same way that we seem to expect Darren Fletcher to excel when playing for Scotland. That being said, he didn't look out of place when he played against Man United and I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Jags shirt.

With regards to John Fleck, I've watched him on a few occasions and his best position, by far, is centre midfield. Two of my friends have played against him in Reserve and Youth team games, and both said that he was virtually unplayable when he played in the middle of the park. Now, I've got no idea if we are actually interested in Fleck but I would imagine we would have a decent chance of getting him with Hutton here. They could be Rangers midfield pairing in the future and having them playing together at a competitive level would only benefit them.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd expect Balatoni to drop out of defence, Robertson to move back into the backline and Hutton to take his place in midfield.

and if that the case then no contracted Jags player is dropped to accommodate Hutton. I don't want to see Robertson again playing in midfield.

Hopefully Hutton coming in will mark time till Bannigan or perhaps Campbell is ready in the manager's eyes to play regularly in midfield.

and if that the case then no contracted Jags player is dropped to accommodate Hutton. I don't want to see Robertson again playing in midfield.

Hopefully Hutton coming in will mark time till Bannigan or perhaps Campbell is ready in the manager's eyes to play regularly in midfield.

They're only going to become ready by getting some game time though. I can see a few youngsters heading out on loan this week if we can.

They're only going to become ready by getting some game time though. I can see a few youngsters heading out on loan this week if we can.

That would make sense with Ryan McBeth is back in training. Perhaps Bannigan will be sent out on loan again. Campbell is another option with O'Donnell coming in to compete with Paton.

I was impressed by him when he started against Man United year or 2 ago in champions league. Glad we've signed him think he'll do well. What about Fleck is he coming or was that a non starter?

From what i hear from my H*n supporting mates we'll be glad he didnt come to us...Bad attitude problem

apparently, thought he had made it and went down hill rapid style..

Pretty sure Kyle Hutton was on a programme about the h*ns on bbc2 a few months back and said he would gladly go out on loan for game time and was quite positive about it :thumbsup2:

I think we now have to be careful about any further loanees. Pretty sure there is a limit to how many you can have over the course of the season. Wearing out that limit in the first half of the season could be disasterous.

Is the limit not only on 'emergency' loans (i.e. those outside the transfer windows)?

On paper, this has to be one of the best loan deals in recent years. Sheffield United play in League One, way above our level. They would have to given Rangers some assurances that Hutton would gain more first-team experience. It would have been difficult for him to step straight into our first-team with little training time with his team-mates. From what I have seen of him on television, he looks to be exactly the player we need to play alongside Rowson and Cairney. I hope that he can fulfil his promise at Firhill over the next 3 months. If he improves under our coaches, perhaps McCoist could be persuaded to let him come back.

Interesting at the hairdressers earlier on the girl cutting my hair(or whats left of it) is best mates with Kyle Hutton, she didn't realise I was a Partick Thistle supporter. She was telling me at time the Sheffield United fell through a lot of Scottish clubs were after him and Rangers let Hutton choose which club he wanted to go to- he chose Partick Thistle.

I only told her after that I supported the Jags and what a good choice he made :thumbsup2:

Straight away thats another big difference with Stevie Lennon, when Lennon was at Firhill it was pretty clear his last choice was to be at Partick Thistle

Interesting at the hairdressers earlier on the girl cutting my hair(or whats left of it) is best mates with Kyle Hutton, she didn't realise I was a Partick Thistle supporter. She was telling me at time the Sheffield United fell through a lot of Scottish clubs were after him and Rangers let Hutton choose which club he wanted to go to- he chose Partick Thistle.

I only told her after that I supported the Jags and what a good choice he made :thumbsup2:

Straight away thats another big difference with Stevie Lennon, when Lennon was at Firhill it was pretty clear his last choice was to be at Partick Thistle

IF what she says is true, it's breath of fresh air. A player who wants to come to us. Something to with MacNamara perhaps?

Paisley and Falkirk are not really all that far. And while Dundee and Dunfermline are a bit further they are not the ends of the earth

He wouldn't have been able to move to St Mirren, you can only loan to players in the same division during transfer windows, can't you? Hamilton isn't far though, especially considering he's from Cambuslang (according to wikipedia). I suspect that the location has much to do with him coming to us, but also that Hamilton probably don't need another midfielder.