Team For Tomorrow

Alan Murray

Scott Fox

Paul Paton Scott Robertson Alan Archibald Aaron Sinclair

Paul Cairney Kyle Hutton David Rowson Chris Erskine

Kris Doolan Christie Elliot

Subs: Scully: O’Donnell: Bannigan: Iain Flannigan: Burns

can't argue with that team.in the match preview JM said that Stewart and Bannigan had knocks which doesnt leave us very much on the bench

..........................Fox

Paton.....Robertson.....Archibald.....Sinclair

.........Rowson.....Hutton.....Cairney

.......................Erskine

..................Elliot.....Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Balatoni/Lindsay/O'Donnell

Campbell

Flannigan

McGrotty

Presuming that Bannigan & Stewart are out as McNamara hints at in his preview.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

I was hoping to see Bannigan get a run out at some point tomorrow. He'd know what to expect from most of the Ayr players having gained that insider knowledge last season.

I don't think we'll need both Balatoni and O'Donnell on the bench. I'd go for the latter as he's evidently more versatile.

Not for the first time I agree with 1JL's team prediction.

Must win game, in my opinion.

Hope we trounce this mob.

Agreed! Also important that tomorrow's match programme should contain proper team lists for us to annotate. Does anyone know whether the programme will be properly set out? I have written twice to Tom Hosie - without receiving any reply - about the lack of team lists in programmes thus far this season.

Agreed! Also important that tomorrow's match programme should contain proper team lists for us to annotate. Does anyone know whether the programme will be properly set out? I have written twice to Tom Hosie - without receiving any reply - about the lack of team lists in programmes thus far this season.

Agreed. An utter disgrace and something that has been making me question my future attendance at matches.

Also can't believe that an unpaid member of staff who volunteers their time to almost single-handedly write the programme whilst holding down a full-time job hasn't responded to a pretty pedantic point sent to him by somebody on the internet.

It's no wonder this club is doing down the pan, etc etc.....

Agreed. An utter disgrace and something that has been making me question my future attendance at matches.

Also can't believe that an unpaid member of staff who volunteers their time to almost single-handedly write the programme whilst holding down a full-time job hasn't responded to a pretty pedantic point sent to him by somebody on the internet.

It's no wonder this club is doing down the pan, etc etc.....

I agree! At the last game I tried to buy a half time draw ticket. I proceeded to offer a £10 note. Imagine my surprise when said ticket seller retorted that he didn't have enough change! I phoned the club to complain about my treatment and was told to bring some coinage next time. There won't be a next time as I won't be going back until I receive a written apology from the chairman.

LJ, I’m not in receipt of any correspondence from you which is why you haven’t received any reply from me. You can PM me or e-mail me through this site and I will be happy to respond directly to you.

The absence of team lines in the programme is a subject that has been raised on a couple of occasions.

Just a few points to make. Firstly, macb (our excellent Club sponsors – the strawberry flavoured water is my favourite) are contractually entitled to the back page of the programme where the team lines previously appeared.

The programme this season has been reduced from 40 to 32 pages. However, the actual editorial content remains virtually the same (I would need to flick through back issues of last season's programme to confirm but if memory serves me correctly we are one page of editorial down from last season). Including the team lines would reduce further the editorial space in the programme. I took the decision, therefore, not to include the team lines in this season’s programme.

The Thistle squad list remains in the stats pages in the programme and the visitors’ pages detail who our opponents are that particular afternoon or evening. Additionally the match official are detailed on, I think, page 9 of each programme.

On a side note, programme sales have been excellent this season generating a modest, but welcome, profit on sales (this before you factor in things like advertising revenue which the Club works very hard at generating). I very much appreciate the continued support of all who purchase a programme on a match day.

PS David Beattie’s ‘Message from the Boardroom’ is worth a read today.

Edited by Tom Hosie

On a side note, programme sales have been excellent this season generating a modest, but welcome, profit on sales (this before you factor in things like advertising revenue which the Club works very hard at generating). I very much appreciate the continued support of all who purchase a programme on a match day.[/quote]

Glad to hear the programme sales are going well - everyone involved deserves our full support and appreciation for their efforts.

Keep up the good work!

LJ, I’m not in receipt of any correspondence from you which is why you haven’t received any reply from me. You can PM me or e-mail me through this site and I will be happy to respond directly to you.

The absence of team lines in the programme is a subject that has been raised on a couple of occasions.

Just a few points to make. Firstly, macb (our excellent Club sponsors – the strawberry flavoured water is my favourite) are contractually entitled to the back page of the programme where the team lines previously appeared.

The programme this season has been reduced from 40 to 32 pages. However, the actual editorial content remains virtually the same (I would need to flick through back issues of last season's programme to confirm but if memory serves me correctly we are one page of editorial down from last season). Including the team lines would reduce further the editorial space in the programme. I took the decision, therefore, not to include the team lines in this season’s programme.

The Thistle squad list remains in the stats pages in the programme and the visitors’ pages detail who our opponents are that particular afternoon or evening. Additionally the match official are detailed on, I think, page 9 of each programme.

On a side note, programme sales have been excellent this season generating a modest, but welcome, profit on sales (this before you factor in things like advertising revenue which the Club works very hard at generating). I very much appreciate the continued support of all who purchase a programme on a match day.

PS David Beattie’s ‘Message from the Boardroom’ is worth a read today.

Tom: Thanks for your reply in this context. If you check [email protected] you will see that I wrote to you on 24th and again on 29th August. Editorially, you MUST include team lists, which are the most important feature in any programme - so PLEASE reinstate them without further ado. Many thanks for all the work you do in putting together the PTFC programme.

Tom: Thanks for your reply in this context. If you check [email protected] you will see that I wrote to you on 24th and again on 29th August. Editorially, you MUST include team lists, which are the most important feature in any programme - so PLEASE reinstate them without further ado. Many thanks for all the work you do in putting together the PTFC programme.

Not they aren't, and why duplicate info when space is of the essence? If you want team lines then go the the main door of the JHS after 2pm and you might be lucky.

Not they aren't, and why duplicate info when space is of the essence? If you want team lines then go the the main door of the JHS after 2pm and you might be lucky.

Regret to disagree with you, Steven H. Team lines are printed in very limited quantities, which is why it is important to have them properly presented in the programme and available to all-comers. At £2.50 per programme, we can certainly "create" the space for team lists and the names of the officials. I am happy to offer to help, Tom, if that would be of any service.

Regret to disagree with you, Steven H. Team lines are printed in very limited quantities, which is why it is important to have them properly presented in the programme and available to all-comers. At £2.50 per programme, we can certainly "create" the space for team lists and the names of the officials. I am happy to offer to help, Tom, if that would be of any service.

Our team is listed in the squad page, the away team is listed in the pages dedicated to the away team. It would be good to have the squad on the back page, but when space is limited there is no point in duplicating information. The team lines that were previously listed on the back page were no different to the squad lists printed elsewhere in the programme, they were not the starting line ups for the days match.

• Members

On a different note, in the past, weather like this would have rendered Firhill unplayable, but if it continues as it is just now anyway, the game is going to be a farce!

*Edited to add.............. He said as the rain suddenly stops!!!

Edited by Willjag

From the official site.

Scott Fox

Paul Paton

Aaron Sinclair

Kyle Hutton

Scott Robertson

Alan Archibald

Paul Cairney

David Rowson

Kris Doolan

Christie Elliot

Chris Erskine

subs

Ryan Scully

Stephen O’Donnell

Conrad Balatoni

Iain Flannigan

Stuart Bannigan

Edited to add: Live updates

Edited again to add:

I like the line up, possibly our strongest line up. Erskine returning to the starting team could be good, after coming off the bench last week he might have got the kick up the arse after his poor start to the season.

Not sure if it will be a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2 which is probably most likely.

Edited by twinny