Ticket/hospitality Prices In General

PaleGreySky

I might be moving to Inverness for work in the next wee while, and so I've been looking at getting a season ticket at ICT to go along as a neutral because I won't be able to make it to Glasgow for games. My family is from Blacburn, Lancashire, and support Blackburn Rovers, and so I've also been looking at upcoming games for tickets or hospitality.

I couldn't help notice that Blackburn sell season tickets on the halfwayline of the Riverside stand for £225 for adults. They also sell them in the Darwen end behind the goals for £165 for adults, and in the Jack Walker Stand where the cameras are for £340.

I was staggered on investigation of Inverness' website to find that an adult season ticket on their halfwayline would cost £370. The cheapest season ticket behind the goals would be £320 for an adult. Also, their hospitality is £140 a head. Let's say £20ish a ticket, £3 a program, £10 of drinks (the bar is a pay bar after a comp drink), £5 of half time snacks. So, £100 for a meal by a football club?

I only posted this because of how shocked I was to find all this out. £320 pounds for a season of the worst SPL side, yet £165 for a season of premiership football with a team including Paul Robinson, Chris Samba, Junior Hoilett, Mauro Formica and Ruben Rochina. Something's wrong somewhere, and it's not at Ewood.

Those ICT prices are shocking, and it's a hellish place to watch football.

If you moved to Inverness and wanted to support a team I'd encourage you to go for Ross County instead. Not far from Inverness, and a much friendlier club all round.

They werent particularly friendly yesterday :rolleyes:

Inverness don't sell out, so it's not like the marginal cost of another fan justifies the price. Maybe if Inverness, and other clubs in the SPL, charged less and had busier games, football fans in England and elsewhere wouldn't find it so easy to switch off the telly when the SPL is on because the ground is empty. Maybe then more people would watch and the TV rights would be worth more. Sounds like a better option than milking dry the few football fans left in the country who actually go to games.

If I was in a city with more choice I wouldn't bother with a season ticket. I don't particularly like Ross County and wouldn't want to watch one of thistle rivals every week, but I'll be keen to see football of some sort most weeks. A season ticket might be the most cost mitigating method of doing so. It's all v speculative. I almost definitely won't be doing this.

Inverness don't sell out, so it's not like the marginal cost of another fan justifies the price. Maybe if Inverness, and other clubs in the SPL, charged less and had busier games, football fans in England and elsewhere wouldn't find it so easy to switch off the telly when the SPL is on because the ground is empty. Maybe then more people would watch and the TV rights would be worth more. Sounds like a better option than milking dry the few football fans left in the country who actually go to games.

The English clubs recognised this pretty early on when football ended and the Premiership began. They want to milk the hospitality and get familes in to fill up most of the ground but they recognised the need to not completely price out young men who created the atmosphere at the games which in turn gave the hospitality/family punters a better matchday experience.

Season tickets at Wigan are about £300. Even Fulham's start around £300 and you can get a decent seat at Newcastle for £400. Manchester City charge £260 for the value card if you let the club allocate you seats rather than reserve the same one for the season. That works out at £13.50 a game. We are paying the same or just a bit less than many EPL clubs!

I realise that the EPL clubs get a lot of television money. However, we have to recognise that their fans get better value for money. The big question is whether we could more than double our crowds if we halved our ticket prices. I doubt it but it is worth considering.

We had an excellent (in my opinion) hospitality offer on for Saturday's game. Sadly, there were less than 80 people there compared to the full house at the Morton game when there was a similar offer.

Are fans or businessmen more willing to pay for hospitality on a Friday evening? Food for thought!

We had an excellent (in my opinion) hospitality offer on for Saturday's game. Sadly, there were less than 80 people there compared to the full house at the Morton game when there was a similar offer.

It wasn't made clear what was in the offer, just a hot buffet. I assume it had a drink, programme and team sheet again? Next offer should detail what paying customer is getting imo.

It wasn't made clear what was in the offer, just a hot buffet. I assume it had a drink, programme and team sheet again? Next offer should detail what paying customer is getting imo.

Agreed. And I might be wrong here, but it seemed that season-ticket holders had to pay the full price, even thought they've already paid for entry.

I thought it was the same deal as the Morton game and was right. Only difference is they gave you a ticket to havd over when you got your meal. Probably to stop people going up twice like a few did at the Morton game. :lol:

Agreed. And I might be wrong here, but it seemed that season-ticket holders had to pay the full price, even thought they've already paid for entry.

Fair point about ST holders. As a non ST holder, it didn't affect me.

I might be moving to Inverness for work in the next wee while, and so I've been looking at getting a season ticket at ICT to go along as a neutral because I won't be able to make it to Glasgow for games. My family is from Blacburn, Lancashire, and support Blackburn Rovers, and so I've also been looking at upcoming games for tickets or hospitality.

I couldn't help notice that Blackburn sell season tickets on the halfwayline of the Riverside stand for £225 for adults. They also sell them in the Darwen end behind the goals for £165 for adults, and in the Jack Walker Stand where the cameras are for £340.

I was staggered on investigation of Inverness' website to find that an adult season ticket on their halfwayline would cost £370. The cheapest season ticket behind the goals would be £320 for an adult. Also, their hospitality is £140 a head. Let's say £20ish a ticket, £3 a program, £10 of drinks (the bar is a pay bar after a comp drink), £5 of half time snacks. So, £100 for a meal by a football club?

I only posted this because of how shocked I was to find all this out. £320 pounds for a season of the worst SPL side, yet £165 for a season of premiership football with a team including Paul Robinson, Chris Samba, Junior Hoilett, Mauro Formica and Ruben Rochina. Something's wrong somewhere, and it's not at Ewood.

Players like this will see Rovers improving their position in the table. :happy2: