Sepp Blatter Is A Retard

Blackpool Jags

Most of you will have heard of this by now. Blatter's position as head of the world's governing body is surely now completely untenable. His previous faux pas aside, this nonsense now has to see him off.

Good night Mr Blatter, your taxi's waiting outside.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15766976.stm

His reply that he was misunderstood was laughable. He should look over his comments and he might realise he misunderstood what he was saying, or perhaps worded it very very poorly. He was trying to say that players may say things in the heat of the moment without being overtly racist people (not that I believe that - what would make a normal person, without being motivated by racism call someone a 'black b*****d'?), however he denied there was a problem with racism in football.

Whilst Terry's comment may be explainable by some as a one-off throwaway comment with no deeply racist motivation, not dealing with this case properly will suggest to fans from areas where racism is an even bigger problem (Russia for example) that football's governing bodies don't mind in the slightest.

His reply that he was misunderstood was laughable. He should look over his comments and he might realise he misunderstood what he was saying, or perhaps worded it very very poorly. He was trying to say that players may say things in the heat of the moment without being overtly racist people (not that I believe that - what would make a normal person, without being motivated by racism call someone a 'black b*****d'?), however he denied there was a problem with racism in football.

Whilst Terry's comment may be explainable by some as a one-off throwaway comment with no deeply racist motivation, not dealing with this case properly will suggest to fans from areas where racism is an even bigger problem (Russia for example) that football's governing bodies don't mind in the slightest.

Exactly, and that it can all be put to bed with a handshake at the end of the 90 minutes. :wacko:

So according to the head of FIFA ita "all in the game" I have a close friend from childhood who played proffesional Football in the late 70s ,he happens to be Black -he played in a particular game where the opposition Centre Half gave him the whole repotiore Nig Nog -Black *******,half cast the lot - The centre half then went to shake hands after the match stating "its all part of the game wee man"

My friend is now 53 he still hates the guy to this day -and would boot his balls if he ever met him.

On the upside my friends team mates had a "wee word" with the Centre Half when the game was finished which resulted in some hefty fines and match bans for them.

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

I'm all for shaking hands at the end of a game where meaty challenges have gone in - in the old "what goes on on the pitch stays on the pitch" mentality

... - but when you get morons using racism, reference to female family members, reference to illnesses affecting you or the family then I'm afraid the line has to be drawn. Wouldn't put in a complaint though, like the previous poster I'd boot the players c*** right in at the ealiest opportunity post match ... thereby imparting some instant restorative justice.

Edited by gianlucatoni

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Agree 100% with the title of this post.

I remember when Thistle fans were accused of racially abusing Landry Zahana-Oni in a Stirling away game around 1997. On closer inspection I am sure we were booing one of our own players?

I think a few on here know as well of my love of the jags I also support Liverpool. While Suarez is undoubtedly (in my view ) one of the top players playing football just now, if he has used racial abuse towards Evra then he deserves whatever is given to him as a punishment. There is no place for it in football or any walk of life.

The Rod MacDonald incident with the Rangers supports still to this day sickens me. The monkey noises made in reference to him throughout the match was disgusting. When he scored and stuck it up them it was the least they deserved. His subsequent sending off, the police handling of the issue that day, the SFA cover up, the ref....all those involved should feel utter shame till their dying day.

As for Blatter, he has always been and always will be a twat.

Goodness knows what's going in that man's mind. No excuse for his comments. Is he pandering to Spanish and Italian associations who still have major issues with racist chanting. Eastern Europe is still a backwater in this respect as well.

We've come on a good bit in Scotland. However I still remember a Scotland V England match in 1986 where John Barnes and Viv Anderson were subjected to sustained racist chanting by thousands of Scotland fans.

Then we had the ugly sisters giving a warm welcome to Mark Walters and Paul Elliott.

The Rod McDonald incident was shocking thought that had sectarian undertones more than racial ones.

Is Blatter racist, I've no idea but he certainly appears to be skirting about the issue.

Is John Terry racist, I don't know but he is a fud. I'm sure if he said what was alleged Anton Ferdinand wouldn't just laugh it off.

Give racism the Red Card, and Blatter too :mad2:

Am I the only one to see the irony in the title of this thread?

No, I was was going to point it out too.

Regarding John Terry. Did he make a racist remark? Probably. Is he a racist? Probably not.

Is Sepp Blatter a fud? Most certainly. Should he resign? Yes, but for better reasons than this most recent embarrassment.

It appears that this is only a story in Britain. Probably because we're years ahead of most of the world in dealing with racism in the game. If it does become an issue elsewhere FIFA will just circle the wagons as usual and Blatter will serve out his term. He's survived all his previous gaffes and don't see it being any different this time. Hope I'm wrong because the game will never move forward while he's in charge.

I think a few on here know as well of my love of the jags I also support Liverpool. While Suarez is undoubtedly (in my view ) one of the top players playing football just now, if he has used racial abuse towards Evra then he deserves whatever is given to him as a punishment. There is no place for it in football or any walk of life.

Aye right, that's a good yin.

Edited by cjptfc

I remember when Thistle fans were accused of racially abusing Landry Zahana-Oni in a Stirling away game around 1997. On closer inspection I am sure we were booing one of our own players?

If I remember correctly we were actually booing him. He grabbed his baws in a gesture towards the Thistle support and got booed for a while after it. He took the booing to be monkey chants and complained that he was racially abused.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

If I remember correctly we were actually booing him. He grabbed his baws in a gesture towards the Thistle support and got booed for a while after it. He took the booing to be monkey chants and complained that he was racially abused.

Your probably right mate, all I remember was that it was a complete non-story!

It appears that this is only a story in Britain. Probably because we're years ahead of most of the world in dealing with racism in the game. If it does become an issue elsewhere FIFA will just circle the wagons as usual and Blatter will serve out his term. He's survived all his previous gaffes and don't see it being any different this time. Hope I'm wrong because the game will never move forward while he's in charge.

I think it is more to do with England not getting the world cup.Also as other posters have pointed out the title of this thread is extremly insulting :thumbdown:

Edited by Auld Jag

Very fair comment. Hauns up. In my fit of pique at Blatter's inane outpourings, I blurted out the first insult that sprang to mind. That probably says a lot more about me than the point I was trying to make. Fair shout.

Given Blatter's comments, if ever anyone deserved to be labelled thus it's that clown (but two wrongs and all that jazz). However The Cup is a bit ott imo, a retard is actually defined as someone with an IQ between 70 and 85 (among other things) and I think Blatter has shown himself to be of low intelligence on several occasions...and this guy is the top man in world football :wall:

Is this the football forum equivalent of 'solving it with a handshake'? ;)

I fully accept that I made a mistake with my initial description of Blatter, albeit inadvertently. All I ask of some forum members is to keep in mind is that I'm highly prone to hurling insults at folk OUTSIDE the Thistle community. Those within it, I always treat with respect, and ask that this be reciprocated.

The equivalent of a Blatter handshake? Maybe. :D

Nonsense there was a clear shout of "Watson -(shouted to Gregg Watson)boot that Black ******* in the balls" Gregg watson clearly heard it and shook his head in disgust lets stop rewriting History here.

it wasnt an isolated shout either

Nonsense there was a clear shout of "Watson -(shouted to Gregg Watson)boot that Black ******* in the balls" Gregg watson clearly heard it and shook his head in disgust lets stop rewriting History here.

it wasnt an isolated shout either

Fair enough. I bow to your obviously clearer memory. I was 13 and can't remember it that vividly. That's why I said "if I remember correctly".