Jackie

ian_mac

It is a bad result. We ARE still in the cup. We haven't dropped any points or lost any ground on opponents. We have a chance on Saturday to royally "do 'em" and we have to take that opportunity. If we win the reply then this result can be used to give the players a kick up the arse and hopefully the positive response will drive us on in the league. Teams need bad games to push on good games. Overall, we are no worse off than this morning.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bad result. We ARE still in the cup. We haven't dropped any points or lost any ground on opponents. We have a chance on Saturday to royally "do 'em" and we have to take that opportunity. If we win the reply then this result can be used to give the players a kick up the arse and hopefully the positive response will drive us on in the league. Teams need bad games to push on good games. Overall, we are no worse off than this morning.

True but only 6 or more will be acceptable next Saturday.

other teams have had very poor results recently but they have stuck with their managers and seem to be getting the rewards

You're right, your point is lost on me. What in the name of the heck does Airdrie losing a leage game and then winning one in a fashion that would be expeted mean to us other than highlight our deficiencies?

On a separate point, does the result and the performance (though it shouldn't) show us how much we'll miss Hutton? He seemed to make a difference before he lost interest. Our form is beginning to mimic that before he made the switch, and we're perilously close to the bottom of the table.

We're not going to challenge for the league, we were humiliatingly knocked out of one cup competition and turned in a shameful performance today. How can anyone take positives from that?

The manager and the players deserve all the harsh words directed at them today.

You're right, your point is lost on me. What in the name of the heck does Airdrie losing a leage game and then winning one in a fashion that would be expeted mean to us other than highlight our deficiencies?

On a separate point, does the result and the performance (though it shouldn't) show us how much we'll miss Hutton? He seemed to make a difference before he lost interest. Our form is beginning to mimic that before he made the switch, and we're perilously close to the bottom of the table.

We're not going to challenge for the league, we were humiliatingly knocked out of one cup competition and turned in a shameful performance today. How can anyone take positives from that?

The manager and the players deserve all the harsh words directed at them today.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree then.

I agree with the statement in bold but I don't think he deserves to be sacked which is what some people are suggesting.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree then.

I agree with the statement in bold but I don't think he deserves to be sacked which is what some people are suggesting.

Some posters are questioning McNamara's and Sid's managerial abilities but I have not seen anyone suggest that we sack the manager now. If we were to get stuck in a relegation struggle, the board would have to take action. Let's hope that we can climb the table and forget today's embarrassing result.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

bar the first 20 mins at dundee we were completely inept. scully won us it.

queens was a disgrace until the last 20, then the clowns really rolled in passing up some simple chances.

I was not there today, but its a disgraceful result.

McCall is not the answer, but Jackie McNamara needs to really shake things up.

I would start by dropping the guys who haven't been doing it - Doolan, Stewart, Paton, Archi...

I would try to draw a line between being mates with the players and being their manager.I think this distinction is very blurred at firhill. The fact that we have to play these guys next week is a disgrace, and it stems from the bad attitudes of the bulk of our squad.

Well done Couter.

That was shocking, well done Culter, just what the hell is happening? strikers havent scored for ages, no supply, we were totally inevective, only consolation is the bigger pitch, will hopefully stretch them :thinking: next week and we will be able to stretch them and create openings.... but we should have done that today, a very bad day at the office, depressing drive home, but we are still in the cup :unsure:

Yes its embarrassing,

but lets get some focus guys! Last thing we need just now is to sack JaggyMac, He's almost brand new to this and needs time to get to grips with it. Give him the season at least huh..

Then we can start looking for the next numpty who will take the job!! My wee cus is awesome at football manager but i doubt he'd take on this job the now tbh..

Get a grip :)

Up the Jags!

Boy, am I glad I decided not to make the trip up north today! What a beamer of a result. I mean, look at some of the other results today: 11-0 to Airdrie against Gala Fairydean, for example.

Calling for the manager's head is still massively premature though, IMO. However, the fact that he struggles badly to devise a plan to win away from home - even against relatively weak opposition - worries me greatly.

Boy, am I glad I decided not to make the trip up north today! What a beamer of a result. I mean, look at some of the other results today: 11-0 to Airdrie against Gala Fairydean, for example.

Calling for the manager's head is still massively premature though, IMO. However, the fact that he struggles badly to devise a plan to win away from home - even against relatively weak opposition - worries me greatly.

he is running out of excuses that is the problem im still waiting on the match reaction it'll be interesting :cool2:

Apart from our credibility!

When we have been pish he has largely called it that way expect to hear the same in the reports after the game.

Can look at it 2 ways , massive wake up call to a lot of players that they need to work harder , or we really are well and truly ****** this year.

Still glass half full for me but its emptying quickly :(

Think we all need to take reality check as all today proved is that the scottish cup is still full of shocks but at least we are still lucky to get a 2nd bite of the cherry, were going to get good days and bad this year but is that not what happens when you start to try and build a team that follows youre phillosiphy,,,,,, i say give them time and lets not press the panick button and see us reap the rewards in the future,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SO LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND STOP RIDICULING THEM................................................................................................

Worst thing for me was after the game jackie appeared out the dressing room before we had even lift the ground.What i watched today was the most ebarrasing performance from a jags team ever.You had to be there.Cairney and fox aside a total joke.

Jackie cant change things striker for striker no change of formation..hands in pockets for 90mins.

well done culter never tried to play any football but will never have it so easy.

got a coupon up so things not that bad..

bar the first 20 mins at dundee we were completely inept. scully won us it.

queens was a disgrace until the last 20, then the clowns really rolled in passing up some simple chances.

I was not there today, but its a disgraceful result.

Not dissimilar to today's performance, in fact - the team only began to string passes together once they realised the game was approaching its conclusion.

It could have been worse: nightmare scenario number 1 would have been for one of the Culter breakaways to have resulted in a goal against - which would have been perfectly possible. Just to add to the variety, nightmare scenario number 2 would have been for the referee to have abandoned the game and awarded it to Culter because some neds were throwing smoke bombs on to the pitch. With supporters like these, who needs opposing fans? :mad2:

It's not over-reaction to question why our full-timers can't beat a team of part-timers/amateurs who are a few leagues below us. Dick Campbell would have been crucified for a result like this afternoon's.

Last season we played very poorly against Annan and struggled to beat them 1-0. Threads were on here calling for Ian McCalls head, as you say both McCall and Campbell would have been criticised to kingdom come for todays result if they were in charge.

Edited by Third Lanark

Think we all need to take reality check as all today proved is that the scottish cup is still full of shocks but at least we are still lucky to get a 2nd bite of the cherry, were going to get good days and bad this year but is that not what happens when you start to try and build a team that follows youre phillosiphy,,,,,, i say give them time and lets not press the panick button and see us reap the rewards in the future,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SO LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND STOP RIDICULING THEM................................................................................................

wait a minute we are not ridiculing them the performance today was not nearly good enough and we are entitled to show our frustration. i like you will be at firhill next saturday and getting behind the boys but my hand is wavering over the panic button at the moment scary times :unsure:

wait a minute we are not ridiculing them the performance today was not nearly good enough and we are entitled to show our frustration. i like you will be at firhill next saturday and getting behind the boys but my hand is wavering over the panic button at the moment scary times :unsure:

I agree we are entitled to show our frustration i was just pointing out it takes time to change a teams direction when you change managers i do believe that we will get there its just going to be painfull untill it clicks.............hopefully not to painfull..................................................